Status: Finished.

The "Family" Secret

Stephanie Meyer

We finally went back inside at about midnight. It started getting dark at about 6 that evening, it was getting lighter by the time we got inside. The power was back on and it was still snowing. Ryan was in the garage, like he always was, looking for more things in his books to teach us. Pete was sleeping on the couch, snoring. Even though we never needed to sleep, that's what Pete was always doing. I decided to join Pete on the couch. There was nothing else to do. I forced myself to fall asleep.
I woke up to Pete, squirming. He was obviously having a weird dream, like the ones that dogs have. I got up and went to my room. I grabbed my laptop off of my dresser and walked downstairs. “Pete get up.” I said, as I pushed him against the couch, crushing him. He grunted and fell off the couch. “Pete, come on, get up, I'm bored!” I whined, kicking him. He finally got up and sat in the couch. I sat next to him, and went online.
On the Google homepage was an article about a famous author named Stephanie Meyer. “Pete, you know we should become famous.” I said clicking on the link to the article. “How?” he said, yawning. “How am I supposed to know, we could enter one of those weight lifting competitions!” I said, laughing. “Yeah, good idea.” he said, rolling his eyes. The article popped on the screen, and Pete and I both started reading. We both let out “wows” and “No ways”, and maybe a couple shrieks here and there. When we were both done reading we looked at each other. “No way!” we both screamed. Pete pointed to the screen, “Let's read the books!” he said pointing to the screen, “Come on hurry up!” I clicked on the links to read her first book, “Twilight” Pete and I both stared at the screen for about an hour, then we were done reading. “No way” I whispered. Pete looked confused. “Let's read the others.” he said.
It was dinner time for the humans, which was usually play time for us. But instead we spent our play time reading articles about Stephanie Meyer, and “Twilight” Pete pointed to the screen again, “Look her up on images.” he said, talking about Stephanie of course. I typed in her name and pressed “images.” We both gasped. “No way.” I whispered, “That can't be her.” Pete said, “But I thought...” “It's her” I said, shocked, amazed, and most of all confused. “Why would she write a series of books, about us?” I asked. Pete just sat there, staring ahead. “Ryan would know” he said as he grabbed the laptop and ran outside, I followed.
We stepped into the garage and saw Ryan throwing books behind his back, grabbing another, flipping through the pages, and throwing it behind him. “Ryan!” we both yelled. Pete slammed the laptop on the counter in front of Ryan. “Goodness guys, what's the hurry?” Ryan said, throwing another book behind him. “Look.” Pete said, pointing to the screen. Ryan's face went blank. “It's her.” I whispered. Ryan started reading, and clicking buttons on my laptop, obviously as shocked as we were. “It is her, isn't it?” I asked. Ryan turned around. “Yes, it is.” Pete and I looked at each other. We were so confused. “How?” we both asked. “Hold on” said Ryan, holding up his finger. He continued reading for a second, then looked her up on images, the same thing that Pete and I did. “I thought that she didn't survive.” I said, looking at the ground. “Well she obviously did, and now she wrote a book about what she calls “vampires”, and there supposed to be us?” Pete said. We both looked at Ryan. “And she thinks that it was a dream.” he whispered, he had just figured everything out. “But it wasn't a dream.”
We all sat down in the dusty garage, filled with expensive cars, like the “vampires” in Stephanie's book series. We all sat there, thinking. “How did she survive?” I was on my laptop, reading biography's on Stephanie Meyer. It said that she had a dream and became inspired to write the Twilight series. I started laughing, “Look at this.” I said, turning the screen so that Pete and Ryan could see. They started laughing, “Only if it wasn't a dream.” Ryan said. I continued reading, there was so much about her. Her upcoming movie had teenagers skipping school, just to get autographs! “You know what, we should have been in the movie. Then they wouldn't have needed special affects.” I said, somewhat talking to myself. “She left stuff out about us “vampires”” Ryan replied. He had ran to the store and got a copy of Twilight, and was just finishing the last page. “She forgot about our chakra, and we don't make friends with the humans, she made most of this stuff up!” Pete stood up, “Well she didn't have much to go on, she only saw us for a minute or so, and she probably didn't even remember it right, I mean, seriously, she made up new names, and only one of the so called vampires can read minds, and supposedly there's more people like us out there. And guess what.” he paused. “They eat humans!” He was trying to be spooky, but it came out stupid.
We sat in the garage, all night. We read every article that we could find on Stephanie, read all 4 books many times, and tried to figure out why she would write a book about us. “Ryan.” I said, closing my laptop. “Why do you think that she wrote a book on us, I mean, does she really think that we were just a dream?” Pete became interested in the conversation, and shifted in his seat. “We should go visit her, see if she remembers us, maybe she'll think that she's going crazy?” Ryan shook his head, “No way guys, seriously?” Pete and I just looked down, regretting asking. “I don't know why she wrote the book, she might have thought that it would get our attention, maybe she really thought it was a dream. I don't know, your guess is as good as mine.” I thought of all the kids, who are obsessed with the creatures that Stephanie wrote about. How they skipped school to get shirts signed, how they read the books all day and night. They probably knew more about her then we did, they watch TV, they've seen the interviews. “Ryan?” I said, “Can I go back to school?” I said it as if I were nervous. He nodded. “Thanks.” I said, with no emotion, but really. Inside my body, there were fireworks.