Status: Updated every week or so. [:

Classifieds

First Date

It was cold and drizzling when Angela decided to get ready for her date with Jake on Friday. It wasn’t uncommon here in New Jersey; in fact she was used to it and even liked it. The only thing she didn’t like was the fact that she had no idea what to wear or what to say. She wasn’t exactly very popular in the dating aspect of her life despite the fact that she carried her own opinions and was pretty to say the least. Angela was too shy of herself to think of herself as anything besides the girl with the stacks of books. She finally decided on some jeans she hardly wore and a t-shirt that her mom had given her before she died. Her appearance was presentable and not over the top, just the way she liked it. Since she had lost her glasses and was forced to use her contacts which she was not very fond of. Her bookworm facade had been shed and now resembled a woman full of confidence and wit.

Angela was almost scared at how different she looked; she couldn’t believe it as she looked in the bathroom mirror.

“Hey Ange- wow. You look different,” William said as he carried the cookie jar.

“Different good or different bad?” she asked, worried now that her look was too much.

“I like it, you look great, but it’s just not you…” he trailed off.

She knew what he meant exactly but before she could change, they heard a knock on the door signaling that it was time for her to go. William pushed her towards the door and gave her a goodbye hug for luck. Jake was standing at the door looking as handsome as ever. Angela couldn’t help but see the obvious differences between the two men she had in her apartment. It didn’t take too long though because Jake rushed her out the door so they could get to dinner.

The restaurant he took her, to put it in plain words, was very opulent. Angela had never seen such a car. Jake talked about books that she knew and adored, while she asked about his life. His parents were rich and that didn’t surprise her one bit. The only thing that did astonish her was how down to earth he was coming from such a high family. He went to law school, which was expected in his family. His minor was mainly British literature and that wasn’t anything new to Angela either. She clearly didn’t know how much more perfect Jake could be. He was clearly stable and on his own, didn’t need any support for he was about to start a new job, high class, here in Jersey. How could she somehow end up with someone as remotely perfect as Jake was? He was kind, asked about her family, to which everything about her past came rushing out of her mouth. The conversation, though, was not as heartfelt as the conversation she had with William back at the apartment. It seemed too polite to have any feeling behind it, but she took well to the conversation he had struck up.

Their meal was finished at a manageable pace due to their immense conversation, mostly on Jake’s end. Angela preferred a somewhat quiet dinner where she could just sit, relax, and think. Before she knew it, Jake dropped her off at her apartment building, kissed her on the cheek and said he would call her soon.

As she walked up the stairs to her apartment she wondered what would happen between her and Jake. When she walked in the door she saw William sitting on the couch with her guitar in his lap, quietly strumming and a notebook by his side.

i“I’m not in love, this is not my heart. I am not gonna waste these words about a girl…”

“William?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been in need of updating my stories, so here's the first one :)
Comments/ Questions/ Concerns?
:)

Leave a comment, yes?