Status: Completed.

I'm the Kind of Human Wreckage That You Love

Chapter 9.

Give her a break! We’re lucky she ran back to the bus and didn’t got hurt.
Poor girl… I don’t want to be the one to tell her…
Do you think we should wake her up?
I think it’s better if Billy does it…
Does what?

I grunted, and covered my ears with my hand. But it didn’t stop the voices.

Sorry but I think… OH MY GOD! The Rev is calling me! Yeah?

I rolled over, trying to find my pillow so I could try to block out the loud noise coming from my friends. I rolled over, and suddenly, there was nothing underneath me.

Shit!

And I hit the floor.

She fell from her bunk again…” then I heard people rushing around me.

“Are you alright?”

I blinked several times, waiting for my eyes to focus on Cha’s face. I sat up, holding my head in both hands and let out a grunt.

“What time is it?”

“It’s 7pm, you were out most of the day… Do you want me to take you to the hospital?” asked Cha, a worried expression on her face. I shrugged.

“I’m fine, just hangover, there’s no big deal really!” I replied as I untangled myself from the sheets and started to make my way to the living room area. I opened a cupboard, grabbed a bag of cookies and sat on the couch, crossing my legs underneath me. Ash handed me some Advil and a glass of milk. I thanked her.

“So… what’s the plan for tonight? We’re going to the club tonight?” I asked, munching on my cookie.

Ash starred at me with wide eyes, like I had just said something stupid…

“Adeline, we’re playing tonight!” said Cha as she rubbed my back. “We went to the club yesterday…”

“Yeah, I know we went yesterday! But I thought we were going again tonight, that’s all…” I replied shrugging. I once I was done eating cookies I made my way to the bathroom, took a shower, got dressed with a My Chemical Romance T-shirt, the red one with ‘I don’t need your friends, I got my own’ written in white. I grabbed a pair of black jeans and searched the bus for my Converses, only to find them at the bottom of my bed… How did they get there is beyond my knowledge.

“I’m ready!” I said and that’s when I realized that they had already left. I sighed and ran backstage. I showed my pass to the security guard and I was about to walk away when I saw people wearing Avenged Sevenfold T-shirt.

“Excuse me but, why are you wearing Avenged Sevenfold merch?” I asked them, trying to sound nice, it wasn’t like I was ready to bit their heads off… Or maybe…

“You don’t know? They are touring with Good charlotte and Perfect Nightmare!” said a guy with a deathbat T-shirt. My mouth opened in shock as I made a run for the stage. I spot my supposed friends waiting to go on stage.

“This has to be a joke!” I muttered as I saw Matt and Zacky talking with Benji and Joel.

“Look who’s here!” said a voice that used to scare me to death, on the mornings I spend at Gates’ house. I felt an arm on my shoulder and immediately took a step forwards, the arm dropped and I turned my head to glare at Jimmy Sullivan.

“Do not touch me!” I snapped. I saw Billy not far away and ran to him, I hugged him and whispered:
“Kill me already!” but it was muffled by his T-shirt. He hugged me but was careful not to spill his beer on me.

“Where can I find one of those?” I asked, as I pointed to his beer.

“You can take mine.” I turned around and saw Matt, holding out a beer. I didn’t say anything, I simply walked past him and went to find Jess, because wherever Jess was I could be sure to find alcohol.

And I found her, next to an amp, talking with Johnny… I bit my lip, trying to block out the memories and grabbed one of the few bottles that were lined on the amp. And without a sound I walked away.

“Lyn, don’t you think it’s a bit early to drink? I mean, you just woke up…”

I looked at Cha and then took a swig of my beer.

“I need that, if you want to keep them alive.” I muttered darkly.

“Girls, you’re on!” said our manager Jay. He was the kind of boy you would have imagined dancing ballet, or something of the kind. He was rather skinny, blond hair and grey eyes. Definitely not my type…

I quickly glance at Billy and realized that he was talking to Gates… I shrugged, drank the rest of my beer and handed it to Jay. I grabbed my guitar on my way and followed Jess as she made her way to the right side of the stage, my left when I was facing the crowd. Cha was at my right, and Ash was behind the drums. I put the strap over my shoulder and adjusted my guitar. I placed my fingers on the guitar’s neck and looked at the crowd. It was huge. I felt so small standing there, but at the same time I felt invincible. A small smile took its place on my face and I looked at Cha then at Jess before starting the first note of To End The Rapture. The crowd would think that it was a tribute to Avenged Sevenfold, and that’s how it looked. To me, it was more like an effort I was making for my best friends. Something I was doing for them and now that Avenged Sevenfold was backstage, probably listening to us at the moment, it was also a way to show them that our stuff was different than theirs.

Once we were done with that ‘song’, we continued with one of our song. A little sad, but catchy at the same time. It was the first song I had written and it was about being left behind by the people you love most. I closed my eyes as memories came back, flashing in my mind like it always does during that song. I opened my eyes again and looked at the crowd, several people were throwing their fists in the air, singing back at me the song I had written 5 years ago. It was a wonderful feeling. I shook my head and started the solo. It was nothing crazy like Gates’ ones. It was more like a Billie Joe’s solo, or Benji’s… But it was different. Cha sang the rest of the song and started with our latest single. A song about boys, how they are useless and all the things we said about boys when we’re heartbroken and shit like that or when you’re single for too long. And then, as an announcement for the next band, we performed a Good Charlotte’s song: The Click. One of my favorites.

We stopped, we bowed, they cheered, and we ran off stage.

I handed my guitar to one of the roadies, thanking him as the same time as he handed me a bottle of water. Billy was still talking with Brian, but the others had joined them. It was a mix of Avenged Sevenfold and Good Charlotte with a tiny bit of Perfect Nightmare since Ash had jumped on Jimmy’s back. Then it was congratulations, exchange of hugs and high-fives. I sat on the nearest amp, crossing my legs underneath me and drank some water from my bottle. Billy left the group and went to stand next to me.

“Are you okay?” he asked me, resting his hand on my knee.

“I’m fine…” I replied waving my hand in the air, to dismiss the question.

“I came to tell you that they are starting to wonder what the hell is wrong with you… I told them that you were having a bad week, and that it was better if they stayed away from you because you were cranky.” He explained with a small smile. I hugged him with one arm and planted a kiss on his cheek.

“Did I ever tell you that I love you?”

“I know you do, and I love you too!” he replied jokingly as he ruffled my hair and grabbed the guitar a roadie was handing him. He thanked him, high-fived me and then he was off to the stage.

I smiled as I watch him take his place on stage, he quickly glanced at me and winked before they started with The Anthem. I loved the song, in fact, I loved all their songs. I loved to watch them perform and their latest record was my favorite. The Chronicles of Life and Death, the title itself was brilliant… Then it was I Just Wanna Live. I smiled like an idiot and mouthed all the words. I would have sing, like I normally did but it made me look like an idiot (not that it bothered me) and Cha wasn’t here to sing with me. She was too busy speaking with Zack. She was drinking every word that was falling from his mouth. They were both sitting backstage, beers in hand and speaking. It seemed like Zack was flirting with Cha, no wonder why she looked a little redder than usual. She was blushing. Charlotte never blushes! Never!

I swear, if he ever hurt her, I’ll rip his balls off and shove them down his throat to make him choke on his own stupidity. Moron. But Cha was clever enough not to fall for that dickhead, right? I crossed my fingers and then focused my attention back to the stage.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back =)
Thanks for your patience.
Hope you like this chapter, and thanks to the readers, subscribers and commenters.

A <3