Of all the Gin Joints in all the World

Turn off the Lights, and Turn off Shyness.

I felt a presence beside me, and looked to see it was him. He was wearing only his boxers, his hair still as messy as before. Gazing out the window, his expression was unreadable.

He suddenly turned and ran his hand through his hair, which I thought was amazingly cute.

I snapped out of my trance and turned to pick up my top and leave as quickly as possible.

'You can't go,' he told me. I knew he was right, it was too dangerous, but I didn't want to stay here.

'Watch me,' I challenged.

'There's a power shortage, a thunder storm and it is now raining hailstones. How much do you hate me? What did I ever do to you?' he reasoned.

'You took advantage of me!' My voice rised at the statement.

'You were just as much a part of this as I was! And-'

'We did?! And you knew?!' I growled.

'So?' he began, moving away from the window. 'Maybe you liked it.' He was standing in front of me now, his massive brown eyes boring into mine.

He leaned in suddenly and kissed me, bringing his arms up to rest on my waist.

I let him kiss me for all of a few seconds. Then I pushed him away again.

'I don't like you!' I spat, repeating my words from last night.

'No, you love me,' he teased, kissing me again.

I pushed him away once again, but I felt an odd emotion surge through me as his skin caressed mine.

'Go to Hell!' I shouted, but I knew it was not only in anger this time. It was in confusion.

'Only if you'll come with me,' he mumbled into my neck. He picked me up and lay me down on the bed.

'What-' I started angrily. Then, warily, I began again. 'What are you doing?' I asked, watching him. This could be worse than I thought.

'Just kissing you,' he replied airily, pressing his lips to my collarbone.
'That shirt looks better on you,' he said, 'even better on my floor.'

'Cheesy line,' I shot back, but I was worried now. My voice was cracking.

He began unbuttoning the shirt.

'This is rape!' I exclaimed.

'Not if you enjoy it. You know you want it too,' he reasoned, kissing every bit of my skin as it was revealed.

'I don't like you!'

'You weren't saying that last night.'

'Ugh!' I cried.

He ran his hands own my sides and I let out a low moan accidently, lost in a swirl of an alcohol induced hangover and mixed angry and compassionate feelings.

'That's what you were saying last night.'

I clasped the shirt to my skin and pushed him away once again.
'Don't touch me!'

I walked into what I assumed was the bathroom and tried turn the lock behind me, sliding my back down the door in defeat when I realized it was broken.

I placed my head in my hands, remembering my extreme headache. I thought about what I could do but I could only see fit that I stay until the thunder storm is over.

And when the electricity returns.