Of all the Gin Joints in all the World

I Used To Waste My Time Dreaming of Being Alive.

'I think we need to talk,' I started. I needed answers, but I didn't know what questions for.

Silence.

'So mature.' I scoffed, but I could feel myself breaking.

'Well, what do you want me to say?' He asked it openly, genuinely expecting me to supply an answer.

I thought. 'I- I'm not sure.'

'Sorry.' The word was empty.

'Why do you keep apologising?'

More silence.

'Okay, that's it. I'm going.' I stood up, walking towards the door. I was still in my outfit from two nights ago. I couldn't stay here any longer. So why did I feel like I didn't want to leave? Something was pulling me here.

'No.'

'Excuse me?' I turned around to see him sliding his back down the wall.

'I said no.' His words were short, an order.

'... Peter... What happened to you?' I asked softly.

There was more silence.

I left. I was almost at the bottom of the stairs when it happened. My mind started conversing with itself. I was positive I was crazy. These thoughts kept running through my head.

What's wrong with him.

What really did happen to him.

Why won't he talk to me.

How did he know I didn't have a boyfriend.

If I leave him there, what will happen.

They were my lame excuses just to see his face again.

'Um, Peter?'

He looked up from his spot on the floor. He just got up and walked over to me. Like he knew what I was thinking. Our lips connected, and I sighed inward.

Yup, definitely crazy.