Status: Active :)

Spooks: Jonas Style

The First Test.

The party was now in full swing as Adam arrived with his date Marissa or as he knew her, Mary and Courtney with her date Kevin. Kevin was now beginning to feel rather nervous about the current situation. He was ordered to actually kill an innocent person. However, he knew perfectly well that he would not perform this act at any cost; he worked for the British Intelligence Service, who was there to protect its citizens and not take lives unnecessarily.

Kevin and Marissa were both aware of the fact that there were MI6 agents undercover around here who would take action immediately if things seemed to get out of control.

Adam placed his arm back around Marissa’s waist securely, sighing delightedly. “You know, it’d be a shame if you failed tonight,” he whispered into her left ear.

Marissa knew exactly what Adam was rambling on about. She failed, she died. It was as simple as ABC. Closing her eyes, Marissa tried to distract herself, however, the thought of the task they had been assigned to commit kept on flying back into her mind as if it were her very own personal nightmare.

“Isn’t she beautiful?” Courtney asked Kevin, gesturing towards Alice, their next target. “Too bad she only has a few hours to live, huh?” she laughed. Kevin simply gave Courtney a nod and escorted her towards the dining area.

“May I have this dance?” Adam asked Marissa with a wide grin on his face.

Smiling weakly, she placed her hand into Adam’s as he took her calmly to the dance floor. Placing both his hands on Marissa’s waist, Adam smiled down upon his partner’s face. “You have such beautiful eyes,” he complimented her. “What encouraged such beauty to join us?” he questioned Marissa out of curiosity.

“I certainly do not wish to discuss such affairs in public,” she smiled back up at Adam. “It can do us harm.”

“I like it,” Adam muttered under his breath as his eyes began to scan the room for Courtney.

Courtney and Kevin were now sat beside each other, waiting rather patiently for dinner to be served already. “Well hello there!” Alice greeted the two excitedly. “And you two are…?”

Courtney rose up from her seat, followed by Kevin. “I’m Rachel,” she lied of course, “and this is my husband Joseph,” she introduced Kevin to Alice. “It’s a pleasure to meet you.” Both girls shook each other’s hands.

“It’s nice to meet you too,” Alice smiled. “I hope you have a nice time tonight.” She shook Kevin’s hand. “See you around,” she smiled again and made her way back to her table.

As soon as Alice was out of sight, Courtney laughed slightly and sat back down. “What a cow,” she smirked. “Anyways, only 20 minutes of her life left - she might as well enjoy it.” She tucked into her dinner immediately.

Kevin’s phone began to ring. “Hello?” It was Marissa. “What do you want?” he hissed.

Marissa let out a sigh. “Kevin, this Adam guy is getting out of hand, I can’t stand it when he touches me!” she complained.

“It’s part of your job, deal with it,” Kevin said, and hung up on her at once.

Marissa took a deep breath as Adam made his way back to her. “You are so beautiful,” he breathed as he leaned in to kiss her. Marissa had no choice but to give into this man before her. Someone else had stolen her heart and yet she was in another man’s arms. It killed her to just be there, however there was nothing for her to do about it.

“Ten minutes,” Courtney whispered excitedly into Kevin’s ear and captured him in a kiss once again. “You know, when I first met you, it was hard for me to believe that you could actually kill someone, but now weeks later I have come to notice the fact that you are so good at your job. Your innocent face is actually a quality that I admire,” she complimented an uneasy Kevin.

Kevin could not take his eyes off their so-called prime target Alice, who was dancing away happily. Little knowing what was waiting for her rather impatiently.

“I have to make a call,” Kevin informed Courtney and left for the toilets. Checking his surroundings for any kind of danger, he began to dial MI6 agent Catney’s number. “Hello, Katrina?” He spoke down the phone. “It’s me, K2.”

“What is it that you require, K2?” Katrina asked in her thick Irish accent.

Kevin took a few deep breaths. “We need to get Alice out of here as soon as possible, she is in grave danger. I am supposed to take away her life tonight” he whispered into the phone angrily.

“Then do it,” was Katrina’s reply. “Sometimes we have to take away an innocent person’s life to save others,” she explained so confidently that it scared the life out of Kevin.

“I cannot do that!” he complained. “I cannot kill her!”

“You have no choice K2, if you do not perform this task, you know perfectly well that they shall kill you, and it is way too risky to send in more agents. I’m sorry,” Katrina sighed heavily. “Good luck K2, I have faith in you. And with that she hung up on him.

Making his way back to Courtney, he wiped off his sweat. Checking his watch, he suddenly realised that it was now time. Time to kill. He had left himself three options open. One- back out and be killed by Ramos and his people. Two- run away and lose his job at MI5 and three- perform the task given and carry on with his duty.

“You ready?” Courtney asked, raising an eyebrow.

Licking his lips, Kevin gave her a slight nod and followed her out of the dining hall. Climbing up the three storey steps, Kevin began to rethink his decision that he made earlier on. He began trying to convince himself that nothing would go wrong and that he had picked the right option.

Alice lay back down onto her bed and clung onto her fiancee. “I love you so much,” she grinned back up at him and sighed. “Go ahead and get me my gown from the room across the hallway?” she asked politely.

“Anything for you,” her fiancée gave her a kiss and left the room.

Getting up from her bed, Alice began to slowly undress. “Today was ever so tiring,” she muttered to herself as she waited patiently for her fiancée to arrive back with her gown. “Whatever is taking him so long?” she complained to herself.

A few minutes later she heard her suite’s door click open. “Jeremy! What took you so long?!” she moaned. “I am freezing,” she mumbled and began to giggle as the person standing before her placed their hands upon her bare waist.

Turning around, Alice gasped as her eyes widened. The figure before her was not in fact Jeremy, her fiancée, but somebody else altogether. “Your time has now ended,” the figure before her hissed as he slowly plunged the sharp knife into her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short? I reckon it was the perfect amount. Don’t you think? Who killed Alice is my question for you today. Your thoughts will of course be greatly appreciated!
-Soffy-