Status: Active :)

Spooks: Jonas Style

To Care For You.

The wind howled vigorously outside in the dark night sending shivers down Marissa’s spine. Ever since she had heard the news about Alice’s death she could not get herself to sleep, she became rather uncomfortable knowing the fact that she now resided with murderers. She felt useless and weak whenever she realised that she could have actually put a stop to it from happening. However, at the time, she only thought about herself and her safety. Selfishness had taken over her and now she regretted it.

Getting up from her bed she tied her nightgown around her securely and stepped into the freezing cold hallway of the house. Peeking into Kevin’s bedroom she silently stepped inside. “Kevin,” she whispered his name but then corrected herself, “Julian!” she screamed quietly.

Kevin rolled over moaning in his sleep, his eyes now starting to flicker open. “Hmm.” He made a sound and let out a huge yawn, “is it morning already?” he asked, lazily.

Marissa moved further inside into the bedroom and sat down on the edge of the bed, “no it’s only three in the morning,” she informed him, “I cannot get myself to sleep.” She complained.

“I don’t care.” Kevin bluntly replied and buried his face back into the pillow.

“How can you sleep after what you did?” Marissa, all of a sudden asked through gritted teeth.

Kevin let out a sigh and instantly managed to sit up, “what the hell do you mean?” he asked, still rubbing his eyes.

Rolling her eyes, Marissa huffed. “Oh you know perfectly well what I mean, what did you have against poor Alice? Why did you take away her life?!” she questioned, punching the mattress with her fists.

Resting his head on the headboard slightly, Kevin shook his head. “If you want to believe that then you can. I’m not stopping you. You can even bring it up at the meeting tomorrow morning with the crew, but make sure you keep in mind that I am really not the type of person to take some innocent human being’s life nor I would ever encourage it.” He explained pointing towards the door. “Now please do me a favour and get out.” He ordered.

Feeling defeated Marissa gradually made her way out of Kevin’s bedroom where she was faced by the person whom she despised the most in the world – none other than Courtney.

“Needed something?” Courtney asked Marissa sweetly with a smile on her face.

Marissa felt a lump forming in her throat. “No, I am fine thank you.” She answered and began to make her way back into her own bedroom but came to a halt as she felt Courtney grab her wrist. Turning around, Marissa tried her very best to control her anger that was now threatening to erupt. “Yes?” she raised an eyebrow.

“I forgot to tell you something.” Courtney said, letting go of Marissa’s wrist. “Follow me to my room.” She whispered and walked into her own room with Marissa following closely behind. “I just wanted to warn you that it would be best if you did not fall for Adam’s tricks.” She began to explain. “It seems to me as if though you do not like me…but as a friend it is my job to look out for you and I saw the way you and Adam were tonight and I didn’t like it all.”

Marissa after a few mere seconds opened her mouth to say something. “I don’t know why you think I don’t like you, because I do. You were the main reason why I joined this group. I admire what you have done and I have to admit I actually look up to you.” Lied Marissa. “As for Adam…are you interested in him?”

Courtney could not help herself but laugh at what had just come out of Marissa’s mouth. “I would actually get out my gun and shoot myself in the head if I realised I had somehow developed any kind of feelings for him.” She alleged, making Marissa laugh. “He has always shown an interest me since the beginning but that is what he does. He gets into your heart and then slowly destroys you from within,” Courtney elaborated on the topic.

“He does not like competition,” she continued on, “he sees me as his competition and he most likely sees both Julian and you as competition too. He would go to any extent to get rid of you guys. I’m use to him – I think that he knows that I actually don’t mean any harm to him but you are new so I’m just warning you. I would not like to see you get hurt,” she said sniffing.

Biting her lip, Marissa heaved a sigh. “What will he do about Julian?” she asked, feeling quite concerned now about Kevin’s actual safety.

“He murdered the last male to join us.” Courtney replied calmly sending a bolt of electricity running through Marissa’s body. “But as Julian is under my supervision and is staying with me, I don’t think that it would be possible for Adam to do such a thing.” Courtney yawned a little and stretched her arms out wide. “I was thinking…why don’t we go shopping tomorrow and maybe even get our nails done, for once?” she innocently suggested.

The proposal put forward by Courtney seemed inviting to Marissa and she wanted to say yes but then realised that she could not as she was due to meet with the MI5 crew to give them updates first thing tomorrow morning.

Marissa pouted, “I can’t make it tomorrow I am going to go and enrol at a university tomorrow. Or at least, I shall try.”

“It is good that you are trying to blend in whereas I am always stuck here at home. I wish you luck and I do sincerely hope that you are accepted into whichever university that you wish to attend.” Courtney hugged Marissa tightly, “I see a sister in you and I can promise you that I will always be by your side whenever you need me.”

“Thank you so much.” Marissa smiled back, “if I come home early tomorrow we can go and get our nails done at least!” and with that Marissa left Courtney alone in a room full of agonising thoughts.

* * *

Entering the MI5 building in disguise both Kevin and Marissa signed in and entered the boardroom where Harry, Lucus, Ross and Ruth were already waiting for them. “Good morning!” Harry greeted the two of them. “Let us get down to business, what I want to know first is who killed Alice?” he questioned.

“None of us did, Harry.” Marissa answered, “There was someone else at the party with the same motive I am afraid to say. I wish I could have done something to stop it but I could not.” lowering her head in shame, Marissa bit her lip.

Kevin cleared his throat, "I tried to get more agents in...I even rang Katrina but she simply refused and stated the fact that it does not matter and if we have to take a life to save others we have to do it." He explained.

Ruth rolled her eyes and let out a huge sigh, "she is from 6 of course her way of thinking would be like that." She mumbled under her breath.

“But we cannot afford another British life!” Lucus banged his fist upon the table, “what was so important that you didn’t even try to protect Alice yourself?!” he began to fire the questions arising in his mind at Marissa.

Marissa looking into Lucus’s eyes - tried to stay calm. “I was stuck with Adam! I found out from Courtney last night that he would go at any cost to get rid of Kevin and me! I could not make him feel suspicious of me!” she testified for herself.

“What do you mean get rid of Kevin and you?” Ross asked the same question everyone else wanted to ask, even Kevin who now looked rather bewildered at Marissa’s statement.

“Adam does not like competition,” Marissa began to explain, “he will go to any extent to get rid of us. He killed the last male to join ‘Freedom For All’ and got away with it and with girls he tries to flatter them and then when he gets into their hearts... he then completely destroys them.” She coughed. “If you look at it from a different kind of perspective Kevin is in danger…though Courtney has promised to protect the both of us at any cost.”

There was a shear silence in the boardroom before Lucus decided to break the silence, “That is a fair point, Marissa.” He stated and stood up, “follow me to Tariq, he has come up with a new gadget that I think in this situation you will find very useful” he said and walked out of the boardroom, expecting both Kevin and Marissa to follow him.

Once the two of them were alone with the gadgets Kevin cleared his throat. “Thank you for warning me about Adam.” He said without even looking up at Marissa’s face.

“I’m just doing my job.” Marissa assured Kevin and walked out of the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not my best, I do apologise!
The banner actually inspired me to update.
To make things clear.
Marissa is played by Leighton Meester, Courtney is played by Alexis Bledel and the wonderful Adam is played by Ed Westwick :)

Please leave some feedback! *pouts*

-Soffy-