Tangled Silk

"Because I felt like it."

He ran slender pale fingers through his hikari's white-blond hair, secretly admiring his silken locks. The darker being, however, watched the sleeping youth through iced over, depth less brown eyes; none of the unusual warmth he felt within could ever possibly penetrate his aloof, bastardizing facade. So perfected in his art of hateful mimesis, he never had to worry of being found out for his uncharacteristic softness.

Yet still, the teen's shallow breathing worried him greatly.

It was more than obvious that the duel had left his other, lighter half unbelievably exhausted; he had passed out on Honda's back while being brought down from the dueling field, for the love of God!

Ultimately, in the end, Yami no Bakura realized (with the subtlest undertone of self-disgust) that it was he who had jeopardized both his little landlord's health and life. Mentally, he berated himself. All for the sake of winning the duel against the nameless Pharaoh, at that (And I had come oh-so close, too, the fiend thought, almost wistful)! To, in the end, give Marik[1] the Egyptian God card he would obtain by the nameless Pharaoh's defeat. Orisis[2], wasn't it? Oh, what did he know; all he had wanted in return was the Sennen Rod[3]. Details had mattered very little at the time of bargaining.

But when the nameless Pharaoh summoned the God to the field ... A shudder coursed through the parasite's thin frame as he trailed nimble fingers from the tangled hair he was practically mauling down to a soft cheek, gently running the pad of his thumb across the china doll complexion .

The now absurd idea Marik had come up with - for him to temporarily relinquish control over his little landlord when Rishid[4] commanded - had, at the time, seemed absolutely ingenious! So he did as he was bid by the darker-skinned man, breaking the link between them and leaving his Kitten (as he had begun to affectionately call him) to fend for himself, wounded and ill.

It was the look in the nameless Pharaoh's crimson eyes that had left the dark being perturbed. Despite being told not to attack, the look was haunting. Yuugi's friend or not, the nameless Pharaoh knew he needed to win. On both sides, a brief internal struggled ensued and, simply because of the fear that he was going to attack despite his friend's weakened state, Yami no Bakura gladly went against his co-conspirator's wishes and resumed control of his little landlord.

Still it did him no good; his frail companion had still been hurt in the blast given by the God Orisis and had been left sicker and more wounded than before.

Yami no Bakura sighed and let his hand rest forgotten upon the youth's shoulder. Forgotten, that is, until a small, warm hand covered it. The yami looked down to meet with his hikari's tired brown eyes. "Why'd you stop?" Ryou asked quietly, his voice dry sounding, reminding Yami no Bakura of a death-rattle. He shuddered.

"Because I felt like it," he said, albeit softly. Then he cautiously brought his Kitten up into his lap. The teen was unbelievably light, Yami no Bakura realized as he settled into the crook of his darker half's arms.

Ryou glanced up at him momentarily then leaned against the yami's torso, head resting upon his shoulder. The wild-haired man leant down and pressed his lips to hikari's in a teasing kiss, making the smaller man moan wantonly into his mouth.

Before either of them wanted to go any further in their intimacy, Yami no Bakura pulled back abruptly and put his Kitten's head back down on his shoulder. Ryou gave a slight mewl of disappointment, but quieted when his darker half chose to resume stroking his tangled, silken locks, mutely begging his hikari to forgive him for what he had done.

Words he would never say allow to his little lover for sadly, he hadn't the courage to do so.
♠ ♠ ♠
[1] I'm dead confused on the proper spelling of Marik's name. It's either Malik or Marik. Actually, it's both, but they're used in a different sense each way. I think Mailk is the good one and Marik is the bad? Is that right? Ah, fuck it.

[2] The name used of the manga for Slifer the Sky Dragon

[3] The Millennium Rods actual name, used in the manga.

[4] I'm pretty sure this Odion's actual name in the manga. Shoot me if it isn't, 'cause I really can't remember at this given moment. All I can remember are the stages of meiosis and mitosis [shudder].

685 word count.