Give Me Something, Give Me Anything.

Chapter Five.

The ride home was a quiet one. Not because we were all tired, well, Embry and I weren't, but because we were happy. Embry hadn't told me why she was so excited, and I hadn't told her why I was, either.

We were about two minutes away from my house when my phone vibrated in my hand. I flipped it open and read my text message from Kennedy over:
Babe! You and Embry and John should go to Denny's with me and Garrett!

I giggled quietly and sent back:
Kenny, it's almost one in the morning.

"What are you laughing at?" Embry asked.

"Kennedy."

"What'd he want?" John asked.

"God, John, don't be so nosey," I laughed, then tapped my mom on the shoulder.

She turned around and looked at me, "What, babe?"

"Can Embry, John and I go to Denny's?"

John looked at me, "I'm not going. I need sleep."

"Who are you going with?" My mom asked.

"Kennedy and Garrett."

She sighed, "I suppose. Just make sure you take your keys with you."

"Yay! Thank you, mommy," I said as my dad pulled into the driveway.

We all climbed out of the car and Embry looked at me, "Are we just going to leave now?"

"Yeah, I guess so."

"Do you need money?" My dad asked us.

"No. We'll just make Garrett pay for us," I laughed.

"Are you walking to Garrett's?"

"Yeah. They're either there or at Kenny's."

"Be careful!" My mom called after us as she headed inside with my dad.

"Kennedy," John whined, resting his head on my shoulder.

"John," I laughed.

"Why are you leaving me?"

"Come with us."

"I need sleep," he laughed, "But I love you."

"I know you do. Bye, John," I laughed.

"Don't get caught by the cops for curfew," He laughed, heading inside.

Embry and I started down the street and as soon as we were a safe distance away from my house I looked at her, "Tell me what happened!" I shrieked.

"Pat kissed my cheek!" She giggled.

"Awww! Pat Kirch is so cute!"

"I know! Now tell me what happened with Tim!"

I sighed happily, "He told me he liked me. And then he kissed me. A lot. And then he asked me to be his girlfriend."

Her eyes widened, "No way! Really?!"

"Yes," I grinned.

"But... does John know?"

I opened my mouth to say something when my phone went off.

I glanced at the screen before flipping it open and pressing it to my ear, "KennyCuddles!" I shrieked.

"Sup, babes? Are you guys coming?"

"Embry and I are. John's going to bed."

"He's a bum. Do you want us to come pick you up?"

"No. We're walking. Are you at Garrett's?"

"Yes. So we'll see you soon?"

"Yeah, in like, 3 minutes."

"Okay. Love you both."

"We love you, too, Kenny. And Garrett!"

He laughed, "Bye!"

I snapped my phone shut and sighed.

"So does John know?" Embry asked again.

I bit my lip, "No."

"Are you going to tell him?"

I shook my head, "I can't. He'd never talk to Tim ever again and he'd probably murder me."

"Does Tim know you're not telling him?"

I nodded, "Embry, you have to promise you won't say anything to John."

"I promise. You know I wouldn't."

"Yeah, I know. It's just going to be hard. Especially for me," I said as we made it to Garrett's house.

We headed around to the back of his house and started to look for rocks on the ground. This was routine for the two of us. Garrett's never aloud out after 11, so we always have to sneak him out of his bedroom window.

I found a few little rocks and threw one at his window. We waited 10 seconds, and when he didn't open his window, Embry threw one.

"Shit! I missed," She whispered.

I laughed and threw another one.

Garrett slid the window open and stuck his head out, "Chill! I was putting my shoes on!" He whispered.

He swung his right leg over the window and reached his foot down to the fence covered in vines on the side of his house.

"Be careful!" I said as he swung his other leg over.

"Kennedy, I do this every day," he laughed as he gripped the fence with one hand, closing his window with the other.

"You know, Garrett," Kennedy said, causing me to jump, "No one's in your house. You could have used the front door. You know, like a normal person?" He laughed.

"But this is more fun!" Garrett laughed as he made his way down the side of the house.

I continued to stare at Kennedy, "Where the hell did you come from?!"

"The womb, baby," He said, hugging me tightly.

"You're a creeper," I laughed, hugging him back.

He kissed my cheek and grinned, "I know."

He hugged Embry and kissed her cheek as well as Garrett reached the ground.

"Garrett!" I yelled.

"Kennedy!" He laughed.

"Love you!"

"Love you more!" He said, hugging Embry and I.

"Okay, let's go, bitches," Embry said.

"Where's Jared?" I asked.

"He's grounded until tomorrow," Kennedy said, throwing his arm around me and leading me down the street.

"Stupid!" I yelled.

"Totally," Garrett laughed as we headed down the street to Denny's.

-John's point of view-

After Kennedy and Embry left for Garrett's house, I couldn't really fall asleep. I was too busy thinking about my sister.

Why was she so happy when she got back? Why had her and Tim taken so long at Wawa? Why did they keep throwing glances at each other? Why did she keep smiling like an idiot? Why did he keep smiling like an idiot? Why did she get so nervous every time I talked to her? Were they... "sneaking around"? No. She may be a fool, my Kennedy, but she isn't a whore. Besides, Tim knows I'd beat the living shit out of him if he even touched her. They wouldn't really do anything like that... would they?

The answer was clear in my mind.

Yes. Yes they would.

I shot out of bed and ran over to my desk, grabbing my phone and dialing Tim's number.

"Hey, dude," He answered.

"Hey. What's up?" I asked him.

"Nothing really. I can't sleep. You?"

"Pretty much the same. Are you going to Denny's?"

"Um, no? Why would I be?"

"Kenny and Garrett and my sister and Embry are there."

"Oh. Well, no. I'm too tired."

I sighed and ran a hand over my face. I really didn't want to call my best friend out like this, but I didn't really have a choice. This is my sister we're dealing with.

"Tim, what's going on with you and my sister?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Oh don't even ask me that. You know exactly what I'm talking about."

"Nothing's going on with me and Kennedy."

"You're fucking lying! You must have done something! I've never seen her smile so much in one night."

"Then why can't you leave it alone?"

"Because! This is my sister we're talking about!"

"You're point being?"

"I don't want her getting involved with you if you're just going to hurt her."

"Well, too late. She's already involved with me. And I'm not going to hurt her, John. I'm not that much of an asshole," He laughed humorlessly.

"Excuse me?" I asked, my jaw dropping.

"I asked your sister to be my girlfriend. Okay? And she said yes. So, obviously, she doesn't care what you think, either. Now I'm going to bed, dude. Just get the fuck over it," He said, before hanging up on me.

I stared at my phone, replaying what he had said three times before dialing Kennedy's number.

"Hey, John," She said.

"You need to come home. Now," I shot.

"Uh... why? Do you really miss me that much?" She laughed.

"Because I said so. Just do it."

"Look, John, whatever you're having a hardcore bitch fit about is going to have to wait until tomorrow. We're still at Denny's."

"Wait, why tomorrow?"

"Embry and I are sleeping at Garrett's. I just got off the phone with Mom. Now calm down and go to bed. I'll talk to you tomorrow. Love you," She said.

"Kenne-" But it was too late. She already hung up.

Damn you, Kennedy O'Callaghan.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one's super long.
So we better get lots of comments.
Anyway...
DUN DUN DUN! What do you think John's going to do?