Give Me Something, Give Me Anything.

Chapter Eight

I hate that I have the same stupid problem every day. What do you wear on a date with Pat Kirch? Should I dress fancy? Or maybe more casual? Ugh! I should just fucking go naked! Wait no that would probably be a bad idea. It would be so much easier though...

I finally just chose my normal jeans and a t-shirt, but I decided to straighten my hair, and add a little bit of make-up. It was only about three and he was picking me up at five to do who knows what. So I get to sit here and think about how I could embarrass myself with Pat for two whole hours. So many possibilities.

***

*Knock knock* I grabbed my bag, and ran from my room to answer the door. No one was home, as always, but I guess that was a good thing. If my parents were here they'd wonder why I'm going out with him. And then I would have to explain...

"Hey Pat," I smiled, as I pulled open the door.

"Hey Em," he grinned. "Are you ready?"

"Yea," I said, shutting and locking the door. We started walking to his car before I asked, "What are we doing?"

"It's a surprise," he smirked. I groaned and leaned back in my seat. He laughed. "What?"

"I don't like surprises," I looked at him and pouted. "That means I have to wait!"

He laughed again. "You're cute, but I'm still not telling you."

I blushed and looked down, so he couldn't see my red face. "Well, it was worth a shot." It was silent the rest of the way to where ever we were going, but it was an okay silence.

"Close your eyes, we're getting close." I groaned, once again, but put my hands over my eyes. I felt the car stop moving, and him get out. He opened the door, and helped me out. "No peeking," I could hear he was smiling.

"Okay," I whined. He pushed me forward a little bit before he grabbed my hand, and led me. I felt my face burning, and I smiled. "I hear screaming," I said to him. I heard many fan-girl like screams coming from every direction.

"Yea there are a lot of people."

"Where are we?" I asked.

"I'm not telling you yet!" I was getting anxious, and I really wanted to open my eyes. We went through a door, and then I heard knocking before we entered another one. He let go of my hand (sadly), and stood behind me, placing his hands over my eyes. "Okay, you can open your eyes now," he said as he took his hands away from my face. I stood there for a little, letting my eyes get used to the lights. Then I noticed the six other people standing in the room with us. And I definitely recognized them.

"Pat," I said, still staring at the six guys.

"Yea, Embry?" he replied, obviously trying not to laugh.

"That's Forever the Sickest Kids," I said pointing to them.

"Yup!" he laughed. I turned around and hugged him.

"You are my new favorite person. This is the best day ever. Thank you!"

"Aww," I heard from behind me. I quickly let go of Pat and looked down, blushing once again.

"Do we get hugs, too?" Kent asked me.

"Uhm," I mumbled, still blushing a bit. Pat gently pushed me forward, and I started going down the line, hugging everybody. The last one I hugged was Caleb.

We let go and he said, "I'm going to steal you." before he took my hand and led me towards the couch. "So I'm Caleb, what's your name?"

"Uhm...Uh...My names Embry," I struggled to get out. Oh God. Why am I so shy?

"Wow, you're really shy aren't you?" He laughed. I just smiled and shrugged, looking over at Pat. He was talking animatedly to Kyle, most likely about drums. "You really like him, don't you?" Caleb asked. I turned to him and laughed nervously.

"Why would you say that?" I didn't think I made it that obvious.

"I can just tell," he said, looking at me. "The way you look at him, and you always smile.

"Well, maybe I do," I said quietly and glanced at Pat again, hoping he didn't hear me.

"He liked you too, don't worry," Caleb said into my ear, interrupting my thoughts.

"I doubt it," I mumbled, and looked at my shoes.

"Why would you say that?"

I shrugged, "Why would he?"

He just stared at me for awhile before starting to rant. "Okay Embry, I've known you for like 10 minutes now, but from what I can see you're a really great girl. I mean, you're really quiet, but I can tell that once you get to know someone you start talking to them more. Plus you guys would be really cute together," he smiled.

"Wow, thanks," I said, still thinking about the long lecture he just gave me.

"No problem," he said as he got up. "Just think about it. Oh, and he definitely likes you. He's looking at you right now." I looked over at Pat and sure enough he was looking straight at me. "But I have to get ready for the show. See you later."

"Yea, see you," I mumbled, still distracted by Pat. I never really realized how much I liked him until now. He smiled at me, and started to walk over to the couch.

“Hey, the guys are about to go on stage. Do you want to go in the crowd now?”

“Yea, sure,” I smiled. I stood up, said good bye to the other guys, and walked out the door with Pat. After walking through a maze of hallways, we finally entered a crowded room with hundreds of screaming people. Pat grabbed my hand, started pushing through the people, despite their protests. We were finally the closest to the stage that we could possibly get when they finally came on stage.

They started playing the intro to ‘She’s A Lady’, and I excitedly sang along with them. Pat grabbed my hips and put his head on my shoulder while we swayed to the music. I turned my head to the side, and kissed him on the cheek.

I'm going to make this work, no matter what.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long =/ I was having some major writers block.
But I had to add Forever The Sickest Kids :] Their just way to awesome not to.

Comment? Please? I'll love you forever :]