How Did We Get Here?

Chapter 1

My life is not that of your average 17 year old.. My boyfriend had just dumped me. Luckily we were actually moving. From the big city to a small town.. From New York to.. Forks, was it? It was a small town anyway and that sucks.. I stared out through the window.

We were driving to Forks. Boring as fuck, but at least I have my mp3. I looked through the window and wished that I just could disappear.
As we entered Forks I realised that it was going to rain any moment. The clouds were almost pitch black and looked heavy. And as I suspected, just as we passed what looked like the high school rain started. And it was not any small drops, it was actually pouring down. I sighed and realised I was going to be soaked since I am going to be the one carrying everything from the van into the house. It's always been like that.

When mom parked at our new driveway she hurried into the house with my sister and father.

"Be a sweety and get the things will you?" mom said, slamming the front door shut after me.

I groaned and kicked the front weel of the car in anger and frustration. Just as I tried to open the trunk of the old fucking pisscar I heared a chuckle behind me. I turned around and saw a guy there holding an umbrella. Great, someone is allready laughing at me, and I had just been here for about ten minutes.

"Need help?" he asked and I nodded, turning back to the trunk of the car, trying once again to open up that fucking trunk. Just then he walked up to me and helped me open the trunk. "Just moved in, huh?"

"Yeah.." I muttered and bit my lip so I wouldn't say anything that I would regret.

"You live alone?" he asks.

"No.. But I wish I did.." Just then my mother pops her head out and asks when I'm gonna lift my lazy ass and get the stuff in the house. Her words, not mine. "I'm on my way, mom.." I said and sighed as the guy chuckled once again.

"Let me help you out." he said and took the heaviest box like it was nothing at all. I just smiled and took another of the boxes and carried it insinde, the guy following me. I out the box in the basement and told the guy to put his in the kitchen. My family was in the living room, ignoring me compleatly.

"Thank you so much for the help, but I never got your name.." I said, blushing slightly.

"Oh, I'm Edward. Edward Cullen. And you are?"

"I'm Sereena, and I hate that name.." I mummbled and took the last box, as Edward had taken two at the same time. "You can put those in my room, the first one on the left upstairs." I said while closing the trunk and taking the box I had to my sisters room. I went up to my room where Edward sat on my bed and I looked through the boxes piled up against one of the walls. In one of the boxes I had all my boox, luckilly it was one of the boxes that were in the moveing truck and was here the day before yesterday. I put all the books in my bookshelf while Edward was looking at me.

"You're a fan of the paranormal I see.." Edward commented when he saw all my books on vampires, ghosts, ghost hunting, haunted houses and other things like that.

"Well, yeah.. I'd like to believe that there's some things that we can't explain, really.. No matter how hard we try to explain it using sciense and logic we can't." I said as I put my copy of The Vampire Lestat by my bed. Late night reading. "I know I sound like a crazyperson, but that's what I think.."

"No, it's okay.. Tere's not many people like you here.. Everyone here believes that vampires are evil and feeds on people.." Edward muttered, looking.. Disgusted?

"Well.. While I believe that some vampires are pure evil, I also believe that there's good vampires aswell.. Just as there's good and bad human beings.." I said. "But I think I should go to bed.. But it was nice meeting you, edward, and I guess I'll see you in school tomorrow or something.." I said and he walked out of my room.

"Yeah, see you tomorrow." he said and smiled softly at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Beginning.. :) What you think?

And FYI, I haven't read Twilight just yet.. So bare with me if I get something wrong, please! Though I will get it for xmas (my cousin was pretty obvoius, she called me and asked what I wanted for xmas, and I told her that I wanted the Twilight series in english (I live in Sweden, so here the books are out in both english and Swedish, and I do not want the Swedish translated vertion, cuz they are never as good as the english originals.. :) )