How Did We Get Here?

Chaoter 2

School today. I'm so gland I don't know what to do with myself.. Or not. I decided to walk the wat to the school. Sure, it would take a while, but at least I would get away from my family for a while. I put on my raincoat, obviously something much needed in this pissy town. As I walked the rain dripped down. Not as heavy as last night, but still raining. As I muttered curewords I saw a silver Volvo drive past me to stop a couple of meters infront of me. The driver door opened and out stepped Edward.

"Hey!" he said and smiled as I walked up to the car.

"Hi.." I muttered, wishing he would just.. Drive away. As if it wasn't embarresing enough that I was walking to school, my raincoat didn't have a hood so my hair was plastered to my face and neck. God I hate myself at times.

"Need a ride to school?" he asked and I shook my head, sending waterdrops flying from my hair.

"No thanks, I'm fine with walking.." I said and continued to walk. He got back in the car and slowly drove after me. I heard the window roll down and then I heard his voice.

"Come on, you're allready soaking wet.. It's far to the school, okay? Please?"

I groaned, but ignored him. But he wouldn't stop naggingm, and after a while we were at the school. I giggled and walked to the reception where I got my schedual, books, a map and a paper that my teachers had to sign and that I would return by the end of the week.

Next, a stop by my locker and then to my first lesson.. Jippie, biology. I hate it. I was just hoping I wouldn't get to do something that showed what I knew, that is boring as hell! As I walked into the classroom I froze. I have to sit next to him!? Obviously I had to, since it was the only empy seat.

"Hello there.." he chuckled and i glared at him.

"Hi.." I muttered between gritted teeth. I took my book and stared at the page we were working on. I could feel his eyes on me. When I glanced at hem he smiled a crooked smile that, I will confess, sort of melted me. I quickly stared back at the page when the teacher entered the room, starting the lesson.

I would've tried to sleep, if it wasnt for the fact that I sat pretty much first row. I sighed and looked out through the window, not litening to the teacher.
After class I walked up to him and got him to sign my paper. Then I went to my locker to grab my english books. I sighed as I heard shouts of insults after me. I might not be your avrage teenager by the looks either.
My black hair, fixed with a drk purple fringe covering my left eye, was short and I used to fix it in a way that demanded 15 minutes in front of the mirror with a comb and a lot of hairspray. My outfit for the day was a pair of black jeans with red and white lace and a black tee with neon pink, red and white pieces of fabric hanging in stripes here and there. Both I had sewn myself. On my left arm I had a studded 7x4 bracelet and on my right arm I had my studded 7x7 bracelet. My shoes were skull Converse and I could tell that I was a one-and-only person in this town.

Oh, and my looks and abnormal hobby is the reason why
A) My family hates me
B) I've never had any friends
C) AtA (Adam the Asshole) broke up with me after winning the bet that he could be together with me for two months.

As I walked to english I could feel their eyes on me. I looked down at my shoes and entered the classroom, teaters right behind me. I quickly got him to sign my paper and then sat down at an empty table in the back. Five minutes into the class I heard the teacher, Mr. Evans' voice.

"Nice of you to finally join us, Mr. Cullen." he said ironically. My head jerked up, unwillingly, and I stared into the golden eyes of Edward. I let out a groan when i realized that the only empty seat was next to me.. Great.

"Nice to meed you again." he said with a heartmelting smile.

"Yeah, same.." I muttered, looking at my hands that were resting in my lap.

After that it was quiet between the two of us. When the lesson ended I walked to lunch, my mp3 blasting music to drown out the sounds around me.

Good bye to you, good bye to you
You're taking up my time


I sighed as I realised how much it fitted with my story with AtA. I felt tears threaten to run down my cheeks and expose me as a vounerable little shit. I blinked them away and sat down with my Coke at an empty table. I could still feel the staring eyes burning as I slowly sipped my Coke. Further away I saw Edward with four other peple, two guys and two girls. One of the girls, with blond hair, made my heart sting. She was so beautiful.. I would never even come close to her beauty.

I quickly finnished the Coke and then went to report myself sick. I couldn't be in school any longer, and I knew I wouldn't be able to return home. I walked around in the woods and all of a sudden I ended up in an open field. I smiled to myself and laid down in the shadow of a tree on the edge of the field.

After a while The Used's song Sick Hearts started playing and I started to sing along. it as my absolute favourite song of all time.

Call this a mask, Call me strong
Call me a mess, Call me wrong
'Cause sick hearts do fine
With wasting their time


I closed my eyes as I sang along. I didn't open my eyes until the song ended. That's when I realized I had an audience. Him again.

"Hi.." I muttered in an atempt on beinh friendly.

"Hi." he said and smiled. For once I actually really melted.. I think. "You have a great voice.."

"Thanks.." I mummbled, now blushing. I looked down at my mp3. Old as it was the buttons bearly worked at all and the display was fucked.

"What song was it?" he asked, taking a seat next to me.

"It was Sick Hearts by The used, one of my favourite groups.." I said.

"Can I listen..?" he asked and I nodded and handed him one of the earpieces just as Devil Beside you started playing. This time I tried so hard not to scream out the lyrics, or calling out Adams nameand saying what I really think about him. "Thinking about someone?" he asked with a curious look in his eyes.

"Yeah, my ex.. A plain asshole.. He was together with me for two months because of a fucking bet between him and his pals.." I spat ager filling me.

"How can you do such a thing to you? He really is an asshole.." Edwart muttered and I couldn't help but to giggle. It was a big suprise, because I don't laugh so much. Actually, I don't laugh at all.

Me and Edward stayed there for a while, just talking about different things. He asked me about life in New Yourk and my family, and I asked him about his family. I was relieved when he said that Rosalie, the blond girl from lunch, was his sister. When it got darker I realied I had to get home. I said good bye to Edward and ran home. I was relieved that no one else but me was home yet. I walked up to my room and locked the door amd continued reading The Vampire Lestat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the long chapter o;

I am currently reading Eclipse, as predicted I got Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn for Xmas. :) I skipped New Moon though, since I've read it in Swedish before xD So 'tis all good.. I will use some of my favourite quotes from the book, I promise :)

And I would love to hear what you think of this fic, since it's my first Twilight fic xD Comment anyone? (A) First comment gets cookies! :D

BTW, my dads keyboard doesn't seem to like me very much D: So if I miss a blankspace or letter or something like that, it's because the keyboard decided not to work with me DX