How Did We Get Here?

Chapter 4

I was still craddled in Edwards arms as he started walking through the woods. That was a good thing, since whenever there is something for me to trip over, I will.. And I trip badly.. I once broke my leg because I triped over a small toy car! Yeah, I am that skilled..
I yawned and cuddled closer to Edwards cool body. I closed my eyes and let him just carry me away. away from my family, away from my troubles..

"Wake up, we're here.." he whispered in my ear. I opened my eyes with a small groan and looked around.

"But.. This is..?" I said, confused.

"It's one of my favourite places.. Unlike you maybe, I enjoy being at home.."

He carefully put me down in front of the big house, but he kept one of his hands wrapped around my waist until I regained balance.

"Well, you don't have my family.." I muttered under my breath and he chuckled.

"Come on, lets go.." he said and started walking towards the house. I follwed him, a bit unsure about this. I mean.. His family..? We've known eachother for what, two days? I took a deep breath and calmed down. I am an expert in freaking myself out.

As we stepped into the house the brightness almost hurt my eyes. My own room is dark all over, so I'm not really used to seeing bright rooms.

"Edward! You're home! And you brought a friend..?" a girl said. I knew her from school.. Ish. Okay, I've seen her around.

"Alice, this is Sereena." Edward said and me and Alice shook hands.

"Nice to meet you.." I muttered.

"Nice to meet you to!" Alice said, but gave Edward a look that said 'What-the-hell-were-you-thinking'.

"Edward..?" a man said and who must be his father came into the hallway. "And who is this?" he asked when he saw me.

"I'm.. Sereena.." I said and shivered when I forced my name out.

"I'm Carlisle, Edwards dad.." We shook hands. "So you are the girl Edward's been talking so much about?" I felt myself blush and looked down at my feet.

"I guess so.." I mummbled.

"Come on, let's go to my room.." Edward said and pulled me upstairs. We entered his room and I noticed the lack of a bed. He sat down on the couch and I sat down next to him.. With a gap.

"So.. You're dad seems nice.." Unlike my dad I added in my mind.

"Yeah.. He's actually a doctor at the hospital.." he said.

"Cool.." I had a feeling that I wasn't supposed to be here. I looked at my hand, remebering the cold hands of Alice and Carlisle.. I had also noted that both of them had the same golden eyes that Edward had. Something wasn't adding up here.. I gasped when I thought about a site I had found on the internet.

"What?" Edward asked.

"I.. It's nothing.." I mummbled. "I just remebered that.. Well, my parents will come home at like five and if I'm not home before that, they will kill me.." Okay, that wasn't compleatly true.. My parents were not gonna come home early, but they would kill me if I'm not at home when they are.

"Oh.." Edward sounded dissapointed. "You want me to drive you home?"

"Well, that would be nice.." I mummbled and he stood up. I looked at the clock and saw that it was half past four. Do I have a great sense of time or do I have a great sense of time?
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha just a shorter chapter, the next is comming up soon <3

Then you will find out why Sereena is so into the paranormal. ;D