Living & Breathing, Etc.

Tegan Smith decides to spend part of the summer at her Aunt Nora's house as a favor to her mom. Upon arriving, though, Tegan is bombarded with unsettling visions, smells, rumors, and half-truths. What secrets linger in this rural Kentucky town? Hold tight to your lucky number and don't stick your nose where it doesn't belong.

Are you curious?

Warning: This story contains mild graphic violence.
  1. Curiosity
    There's something about the supernatural that belongs with people who aren't fully connected to this earth, to the living. But there are always exceptions. Or maybe there aren't even rules. Only one thing matters. Are you curious?
  2. Sweet
    Tegan arrives in Corbin, Kentucky, her home for most of the summer and reminisces about old times she'd spent there with her family. Her Aunt Nora gives her an overview of the small town, and Tegan is unpleasantly not surprised.
  3. Clover
    It's summer cleaning at the Green's house and Tegan is ready to straighten up for her widowed aunt. But there's something about the blue room that isn't right. Something about the smell.
  4. Unlucky Numbers
    Tegan has her first run-in with the Corbin natives. It seems like bad luck is sneaking up behind her back. How much is there, really, to this luck thing?
  5. The Greenhouse
    Tegan drives over to the Elliot's Greenhouse to get some plants for Nora's yard and sees a familiar face. Mrs. Elliot hints at an unusual tragedy surrounding Jack's death.