Love Me Like You Did Before

Tina and Loca Moca

"One Loca Moca Monster," I shivered to the street vendor.

He raised an eyebrow, "It's almost eleven. You still want it?"

I nodded my head quickly.

He sighed, "Suit yourself." He handed me the can, grabbing the money out of my hand.

I tore off the tab and downed it while walking down the street. I shook my head as the caffeine started to make its way into my system.

I need to stay awake. Just because Seraphina went on a date with John doesn't mean that he will be here for a while. I would have found out, right? I mean, the nearest venue that they can perform in, other than the NorVa, is the Canal Club.

I jumped out of my skin as my phone began to vibrate. My fingers were frozen and automatically answered it without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I stuttered.

"'Sup, Kyra," the familiar cool British voice said.

I clutched my jacket closer to my skin, "Jake? Why are you up so late?"

"Seeing as I can ask you the same thing, I'll just get cut to the chase."

I rolled my eyes to my Nokia 5310, "Fine. What is it?"

The sound of shuffling papers rang through the speaker, "I booked a show for this Sunday, and I need you accompany the main group while the openers are performing."

"Uhm, sure. So, what am I doing exactly?"

"You know. Get them some vitamin water. Hang up their calls. Make out with them if it means they'll come back--"

"Don't push it. What band are we talking about?"

He sighed, "Hm... It was something like: The Montana. No, was it Minnesota--"

"Just forget I even asked you. What time do I need to come in?"

"I'd say around noon around back so we can set up the different speakers for Fotograph."

"Fotograph?"

"Lead singer of Ivory went solo."

"Oh, alright. I'll see you then."

"Yes, you will."

Once I could hear the dial tone again, I hung up my phone. Great, at least I won't be spending my Sunday at home.

My feet kept on moving forward. I turned the corner and ended up with a surprise that really wasn't needed.

"I am so sorry!" Someone squealed as their coffee splattered on my scarf.

I brushed off the hot liquid, calmer than I expected, "I'm good."

I looked up. Oh, no.

Brown highlighted hair. Those boots. That T+P sign on her hand.

"Tina?" I said in disbelief.

Her eyes grew wide. She pounced on me in an attempt to hug me, "Deee! Oh, my God! What are you doing here?!"

I stood up, "Me?! What are you doing here?!"

"Uh, getting coffee. Obviously."

I rolled my eyes, "I meant, what are you doing in Richmond?"

"We're here for a gig, and-- What are you wearing?!"

"Excuse me?"

She took a long hard look at me, "Since when do you smoke?"

My jaw dropped, "I do not smoke!"

"You smell like it! Does your new boyfriend smoke? Are you going to tell John?"

"Chill!" I screamed. "I don't smoke. I'm single. And I had no idea that John was even here until, like, fifteen minutes ago!"

"Then why do you wreak of cigarettes?! And how did you know John was here?!"

"Because the place I work at is full of people that smoke in the middle of the mosh pit! And my roommate told me!"

"Who the hell is your roommate?!"

"Seraphina! The girl that you guys told John to go on a date with!"

"That girl? Shit, that was Garrett's idea! I didn't want John dating her."

I rolled my eyes, "Well, thanks to John and him acting suicidal and crap, she thinks that it was her fault the date went down the toilet."

"Well, how was I supposed to know that you and that chick lived here? The only reason we came back down to Virginia is because Kennedy decided to be tour manager for three seconds and book a show for us."

My jaw dropped, "Kennedy?"

"Yes, Kennedy."

"I'm going to kill him."