Love Me Like You Did Before

Never

Just as the statements died down, the door to the roof opened revealing Seraphina with three mugs of a steaming drink. She smiled, showing off her ability to juggle more than two cups at a time. She sat down next to us in her Hello Kitty pajamas and button up jacket with the fur collar.

She handed us our beverages, "You guys are insane if you can stand talking out here when it's, like, forty degrees out."

I smiled, "Virginia surprises me with its hectic weather patterns." I lifted my mug to my lips. The hot liquid touched my tongue with a feeling of satisfaction, "Hot chocolate?"

She giggled then nodded, "I figured that you wouldn't need anymore caffeine after that Loca Moca Monster." She turned her attention, "Oh, I set up the guest room for you, Tina. I wasn't sure if you were staying or not." She flashed an innocent smile of hospitality.

Tina finished her sip of hot chocolate and smiled, "You don't mind me staying?"

"Oh, not at all! Kyra and I need another girl in the house anyway. All news is old news," she smirked.

I stuck my tongue out at her, "Well, I'm sorry if my life isn't interesting enough for you."

She smiled.

Tina laughed, "Kyra's life? Boring? Never!"

We all laughed.

"I should tell Pat. They didn't even know I came here, and they have enough worry on their plates for one lifetime," she took out her phone.

"That would probably be best," I nodded.

"Shoot," she looked down to her phone then around the roof. "I have no reception."

"Here, you can use my cellphone," Seraphina smiled.

I grinned to myself as I watched them get along. The only thing that could make this even more perfect than it already is if Kennedy was here. At least then, I wouldn't feel as empty as I do now.

As much as I loved having Tina here, her presence didn't fill the gap in my heart that only longed for John to be here with me. I tried to ignore the feeling, but it was, obviously, irrevocable, to say the least. I sighed and let my mind wander as the rooftop became quiet.

After hanging up the cell phone in her hands, Tina sat back down, "I told Pat that I ran into an old friend." She winked. "I just need to meet them at the hotel tomorrow morning."

"I'd give you a ride, but I'm working tomorrow. It's Sunday. The club has a gig booked," I sighed.

"That's cool," she shook it off. "The guys have a gig tomorrow anyway."

"Hey, I can drop off the both of you guys. Well, actually, I'm staying with you, Kyra. I have another date after the show," Seraphina said with a dazed smile.

I laughed, "Don't tell me. He's the... Lead singer? No, guitarist."

She thought about it for a second, "In a way, both. He plays piano for the band, too."

"What band?"

"Uhm... Colin Healy and the Jet Skis."

I raised an eyebrow, "Interesting name."

They chuckled.

"Then I guess you can wait at the bar while I work. That ohkay?"

"Sure!"

"Well, you guys have fun at you bar. I'll be setting up guitars and other crap for the clearly not thankful musicians." Tina folded her arms across her chest.

"It's too bad you can't come with us," I frowned.

"Hopefully, I'll find some fans that are either hardcore enough or apathetic enough to keep calm so I can talk to them without worrying," she smiled.

I laughed, "Fans like that are one in a million."

"Good then you and I are on the same page."
♠ ♠ ♠
Clearly a filler.