Sophomore Slump Or Comeback Of The Year?

3: I AIM To Be

I walked away with Eric. That whole situation was very…awkward. The boy in the hat had kinda crashed into me out of nowhere, and then I’d blown up, and then I’d been quiet. I’m sure it was all accidental—I mean, the boy looked like a beet for half of the time. Very adorable. . I should’ve handled everything better, though—I didn’t mean to embarrass anyone.

My little brother’s follow-up question had only added to my…I guess…embarrassment.

”Is he your boyfriend?” the little boy had asked.

“No,” I had replied, my ears heating up a little, before playing with him, and then heading home.

Of course not. I’d just met him—and I didn’t even know his name, so it didn’t really count—and I probably would never see him again. He was going to enter some vault of forgotten memories or something.

Still, sitting at my slow, old computer that evening—after an awkward situation with my parents, since my brother started talking about my ‘boyfriend’ during dinner—I couldn’t help but wonder. Maybe I could see Mr.Shy and Mr.Playful again somehow. I knew that the city was pretty big, but it’s a small world, right?

I guess I was a lot happier than I had been, though. Something about the outdoors, or maybe the antics of those two guys, had made me feel better. Even through the window of online communication, with no facial expressions, people could tell. When a pop-up from AIM came on screen, with a new message from “13thirteens,” I somehow gave it away.

soretti392 says: hey, michelle!
riosomeone says: hi, sarah! ^^
riosomeone says: Howzit?
soretti392 says: okay, i guess. you seem happy…
riosomeon says: …really?
soretti392 says: yeah.
soretti392 says: you haven’t used the ^^ thing since...
soretti392 says: before…
riosomeone says: yeah, i guess.


So, I guess the little “^^” smilie gave it away, then.

riosomeone says: so…
soretti392 says: so…
soretti392 says: are ya gonna tell me why you're so happy?
riosomeone says: i dunno.
riosomeone says: i got myself out of the house…
soretti392 says: =O
soretti392 says: no way!
riosomeone says: haha.
soretti392 says: seriously, tho
soretti392 says: what did you do?
riosomeone says: not much. i took eric to the park.
soretti392 says: …and that made you happy?
riosomeone says: i guess?
soretti392 says: sunshine! ^^
soretti392 says: …or something else?
soretti392 says: …idk…there were these two dudes…
riosomeone says: and one of them was really
soretti392 says: omg, no way
soretti392 says: whoops, your not done. o
riosomeone says: ..shy, and his friend was really hyper.
riosomeone says: like, o.0 hyper.
soretti392 says: how?
soretti392 says: what are their names?
soretti392 says: were they cute?
soretti392 says: are you going 2 their school?
riosomeone says: too many questions! >.<
soretti392 says: alrighty then, what are their names?
riosomeone says: i dunno, the loud one was Pete, and the other idk.
riosomeone says: next q?
soretti392 says: are they cute?
riosomeone says: umm…yeah, i guess?
riosomeone says: i dunno?


I stopped myself to think. All the blushing was kinda adorable, and the playfulness was, too.

soretti392 says: oh rite. you're not boycrazy.
soretti392 says: why are you so tame?
soretti392 says: lol
riosomeone says: idk, my…bff Sarah?
soretti392 says: lol. so, are ya going to their school?
riosomeone says: idk, we didn’t really talk much.
soretti392 says: so what happend?
soretti392 says: you're happy for a reason…
riosomeone says: its kinda a long story…
soretti392 says: i've got time. =]
riosomeone says: ok. so i got to the park w/eric and...


I recounted as much of the incident as I could remember—conveniently forgetting about Eric’s boyfriend question/rumor, of course—and then and then told her about the rest of my day: playing Frisbee, going home, getting my class schedule in the mail…and then we went into random mode.

Just like the good old days.

Would they ever fully come back? Random words on AIM just aren’t the same as face-to-face.

And would Chicago really be all that bad?

Those were the questions that, along with Northern Downpour and some other “Pretty. Odd.” songs, lulled me to sleep.

And, as I lay on the brink of sleep, a final thought reached my mind: had the dandelion seeds granted my wish?

I had a strong feeling they had. Maybe I’d see those guys again sometime soon…
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, here's the update I promised my two commenters, Risque. and java chip.

I didn't really get around to writing this week because school was more overwhelming than usual, so this update brings my reserve of pre-written stuff down to one chapter. Or maybe two. I'd really rather have a few things ready, in case of weeks like this, but I'll try to make a once-weekly update regardless.

(This is the last hour of this week, and since the promise was 'sometime this week,' so we're still good, right? ^^)

If the last week of school before break isn't too rough, I'll write more.
And there's also that Mibba Secret Santa piece I need to finish, too, so that may take precedence, since it's owed to someone else. =]

And, on a random note, Patrick was in the New York Times!

You can find the article here. I personally really like the Ray Charles bit. =]

So, thanks again to my 2 commenters, 3 suscribers, and 7 readers.

Feedback-->Ego boost for Vivi+Motivation to keep writing and update+potential improvement.

=]

(Oh yeah, and the AIM things may or may not have been changed to protect identities.)