I Meant What I Said

We Just Fit

Bree stood up and grabbed Alex's sweatshirt that was laying on the ottoman in the middle of the living room. “Just not here,” she said. “I'm sorry.” She slipped his Hurley hoodie over her head to cover her bear skin.

She walked out of the living room and into the kitchen. She sat down at the island. A moment later, Alex walked into the room wearing his t-shirt that had been thrown across the room. He looked at Bree with a worried look in his eyes. “Bree, are you okay?”

A tear fell from Bree's eyes. Alex walked to her and stood behind her, wrapping his arms around her. She spun herself around on the stool, facing him. He wrapped his arms around her and she melted into his arms. “I'm so sorry, Alex. I just don't know what happened.”

“Bree, it's really okay. I mean, I'm totally into it, this, us, but we can take it slow. I'm okay with that.”

“I just don't know. I really just don't. We just have to wait. I don't want to regret any of this.”

“Okay. I'm willing to wait, just for you.” He leaned down and kissed her. She smiled.

“If it wasn't for everything being such a disaster with Jamie, this would all be so different. I just don't want to use you as a rebound.” Bree was terrified that she as able to be so open with him.

Alex pushed Bree away from him and held her cheeks in his hands. “Look at me. Everything is going to be okay. I don't know what the deal with this Jamie kid is, but I do know that there is something between us. I don't think I've ever felt this way about someone ever before.” Bree reached up and hugged him. She stood up and let herself fall into him.

“We just fit, Alex. We just do.”

Alex stood there for a while, just holding her. Bree felt comfortable with him. She felt his heartbeat against her cheeks. The two of them just stood there, holding each other in the kitchen for ten minutes. Bree pulled away and looked at the clock. 6:15. She was suddenly aware of how hungry she was. “Alex, I've got fifty bucks for dinner. What would you like?”

He looked at her with his goofy smile that melted her heart. “Well, what are my options?”

“Uh, we could order something and have it delivered. Or, we could go out. But considering the fact that I have no shirt on underneath this, I say we should order in.”

Alex looked at her. “I do like the fact that you have nothing on underneath MY sweatshirt, but we can order in. I'm good for anything you'd like.”

Bree decided that she was in the mood for Italian. She grabbed her house phone and called the Italian restaurant down the street. She ordered what she wanted, stuffed shells, and what Alex wanted, spaghetti and meatballs (go figure), as well as some cheese garlic bread. She was told her meal would be delivered in half an hour and hung up the phone.

She walked back to the living room to gather her clothing before someone came home and saw it. She had to walk around the room several times before she found everything. Alex had followed her into the living room to grab his phone and shoes. Bree motioned for him to follow her to her room upstairs.

The two walked up the stairs and down the long hallway into her room. She threw her clothes into the hamper, deciding to keep his hoodie, at least for a little while.

She sat down on her bed and he joined her without even thinking. He moved around, resting himself against her backboard. She pulled herself over, positioning herself against him. He brushed her bangs out of her face and kissed her forehead.

“I think it would be best if we actually got to know each other before we hooked up, almost hooked up, again.” Bree was shocked. She looked at him, confused. “I mean, I really don't mind almost getting into your pants, but...” Bree hit his arm before he was able to continue.

“I completely know what you mean.” She snuggled herself into him. She reached over him, resting her body on top of his, to hit her radio to turn it on. Her Mayday Parade CD was in it. Music filled the room. While trying to turn on her music, she had unknowingly positioned herself on top of Alex so she was straddling him. “Jersey” played through her speakers.

As she sat on top of him, looking into his hazel eyes, all she heard was Derek Sanders singing “I'll have you know, I'm scared to death”.
♠ ♠ ♠
whoo, 2 subscribers. thanks so much for reading :)