I Meant What I Said

Brace Yourself

The moment couldn't have been more perfect. Looking into his hazel eyes, she felt comfortable. Her perfect moment was ruined by the doorbell ringing. Their food was here. Bree got off her bed and ran down the hall and the stairs. Alex followed closely, wanting his food.

Bree paid for the food, closed the front door and walked into the kitchen. She set the containers on the island and walked to the other counter to get silverware. Alex walked to the fridge and grabbed Sunkists for both of them.

The two enjoyed their dinner together. At 7:30, Bree heard the garage door open and close and then the sound of the twins. She turned to Alex. “Brace yourself.” Before she could say another word, Lucas and Jacob ran into the kitchen.

“Bree! Look at our jackets!”

“Yeah, Bree, aren't they cool?” Bree nodded at the boys and smiled. They hung up their jackets in the cubbies and ran into the playroom. They hadn't even noticed Alex sitting at the island.

Bree's mother walked in a minute later. “Hi honey. How was your day?”

“It was good. How was shopping with the twins?”

“Disastrous. They knocked down two displays at Olympia Sports and Lucas spilled his soda all over the table at the food court.” She turned around and saw Alex sitting rather close to Bree. “And who is this?” She said with a smile.

“Mom, this is Alex. Alex, this is my mom.”

“Nice to meet you, Mrs. Addison.” Alex smiled at her.

“Oh, no, no, no. Call me Shannon. 'Mrs. Addison' makes me sound so old.” She laughed and Alex smiled back, unsure of how to react. He gently slid his hand onto Bree's thigh.

Bree shot him a lot and whispered “not here”.

Shannon looked at them and smiled. “Bree, how long will Alex be staying for?” This was her way of hinting that he needed to go home.

“Oh, yeah, well I was just going to drive him home. Yeah, I'll go do that.” Bree and Alex stood up and headed for the door. She grabbed her bag and her keys and she slipped on her clogs that were sitting next to door.

She walked over to her car and slid into the driver's seat, Alex climbing into the passenger. She clicked the button to open her garage, put her car into gear and backed out. She drove out of her neighborhood without Alex saying anything to her. Finally, she broke the silence. “So do you want to go home, or do you want me to bring you somewhere?”

He looked at her blankly. “Oh, I guess I'll go home, I can see you tomorrow.” She smiled at her and gave her butterflies all over again. Those pesky butterflies were making themselves right at home in her stomach.

“Okay, I can drive you, you just have to tell me where you live.”

He laughed. “I never did tell you where I lived, did I?”

“No, you didn't, Mr. Denvin. Mind giving me a hint so I don't keep driving around in circles?”

“Okay. Sou you know the new development, uh its called Willow Hill?” Bree nodded, having a vague idea of where it was. “Yeah, it's up there. So, head up there and I'll tell you which one is mine.” Bree nodded in agreement and started driving in the direction of his road.

Less than ten minutes later, Bree drove up to the entrance of Willow Hill. “So, which house do you live at?”

“Keep driving, you'll find it.” Bree drove up the long road until she started seeing houses.

“Alex, these aren't houses. These are mcmansions! These are bigger than my house and my neighbor's house put together!” Alex laughed and shrugged his shoulders. Bree passed several houses that looked like they belonged on HGTV.

“Okay, so at the top of the hill, you'll see my house.”

“Which one is it?”

“Just wait until you see.” Bree drove up to the top of the hill and saw that only one house sat there.

“Alex, this is your house?!” She was shocked.

He laughed. “Yeah this is my house.”

“Please tell me that like ninety of you live here. Please.”

“Nope, just me, my dad and my little sister.” Bree's jaw dropped.

“Three of you live in this house? Wow. Six people live at my house and there's more than enough room.” Bree drove into his driveway. Her car was nothing compared to the Lexus' and Lamborghini's. She parked her car.

“Do you want to come in?” Bree nodded. She turned her car off. Alex got out of the car, walked to the front of Bree's car and waited for her. She climbed out and joined him. He held her hand as they walked to the front door.

Alex opened the door to her house. Bree still couldn't believe that he lived there. The entrance way had marble floors and there was a crystal chandelier hanging from the ceiling. “Dad! I'm home! Natalie! Anyone here?”

“Alex! We're in the living room. Come on in,” his dad yelled from the living room.

“Okay! We'll be right there!” Before letting Bree meet his dad, Alex decided to bring him up to his room to get her a t-shirt. He grabbed her hand and dragged her up the staircase.

“Alex, where are we going?”

“I'm going to find you a shirt.” He laughed. She followed him up the stairs to his room. He opened the door and she was amazed with the sight. He had a king sized bed, a flat screen TV, everything you could possibly imagine. He opened his closet, which was almost bigger than hers, and grabbed her out a t-shirt. “Which one would you like? We've got The Starting Line or Envy on the Coast.”

Bree thought for a second before deciding. “I'll take The Starting Line. I love 'Bedroom Talk'.” She laughed and he did, too, when he realized what she was talking about. He handed her the shirt and she stared at him, blankly for a second. “Turn around, boy. You don't get a free show.”

“Aww, c'mon, I saw it before.”

She smiled at him. “Just turn around, would you?” He finally turned around. She slipped off the hoodie and slipped the t-shirt over her head. “Okay, you can turn around. I'm decent.” He turned around and smiled at her.

“I think it's just a little big, don't you?”

She walked up to him. “Oh, just shut up.” She kissed him. Before she knew it, he picked her up and threw her on the bed. He was laying on top of her, looking into her eyes. He started singing to her.

“My heart was racing like a sprinter, who tripped and fell. In love with a girl, just for tonight.” He kissed her, pressing his body on top of her. He slipped his hand under her shirt, resting it on her stomach. She smiled at him and pulled him in closer, gently biting his bottom lip.

“You're so beautiful, Bree. You're beautiful.” She started tugging on his shirt, but was interrupted.

“Alex, come down here please. Alex? I know you hear me. Stop whatever you're doing and come downstairs.” Oh, crap.
♠ ♠ ♠
15 readers and 3 subscribers :]

you guys make my day ;]