I Meant What I Said

Anytime, Love

What just happened? Bree couldn't understand anything that just happened.

Jamie just kissed her.

She let him.

Her feelings for him came rushing back.

Great.

She ran down the hallway and into the student council room. No one ever went in there except the ones on the “executive” board. She'd be alone there for a while. She sat down in one of the chairs against the wall. She pulled her knees close to her and buried her head into them.

What did she just do?

She felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. She pulled it out. The front screen said that she had one new text message. She opened her phone. It was from Alex. She read it. “Hey, everything okay? See you soon.” She felt her heart sink into her chest.

She deleted the text message and decided to text someone to come talk to her. It took her a minute before deciding to text Tyler. He always had her back and got her through the toughest situations. She sent him a quick text message. “Hey. I'm in the student council room. Come find me. Please.”

Less than two minutes later, Bree heard Tyler's footsteps heading towards the door. He knocked on the door then walked in. He saw Bree sitting in the chair by the wall, curled up against herself. He walked over and pulled her up into his arms. She melted into him and cried. He just held her, rubbing her back. After five minutes of sitting there, she finally pulled away. “Thanks for coming.” She smiled at him.

“Anytime, love. Anytime.” He pulled her back into his arms. A moment later, she pulled away. He looked at her. “What happened, Bree?”

She walked over to the table that was on the other side of the room and sat down. He followed her and sat across from her. “It's Jamie. All over again. We just got in a huge fight and I did the stupidest thing. Now, I feel guilty as hell and I really don't want to face anyone. So I texted you. I didn't know who else to text. No one understands any of this.” She tried to smile, but more tears fell from her eyes.

“Bree, don't cry.” He smiled at her. “What did Jamie want?”

“He's just Jamie. It's so stupid. He told me he still loved me and he said that he wanted me back. He said we could make it work if we wanted to.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah. But I told him that he broke my heart and that it just couldn't go back to the way it was.”

“That's good.”

“Yeah. But then he said some more things. And then, he kissed me...”

“He did what?!” Tyler's expression turned from understanding to threatening. Bree tried to reassure him that everything was okay with the look on her face.

“I know, I know. It's terrible. Now do you understand why I can't face anyone today. Especially Alex.”

“Wow, Bree. You really got yourself into a bad situation this time.”

“Tyler, stop. Don't be like that. I need your help. What am I going to do now?”

“Well. Hm.” He thought to himself for a moment. “I think you should tell Alex before things get messy. Be honest with him. It's the best way to start a relationship or even have one.”

“You really think I should tell him? I don't want to hurt him.”

“He'll be more understanding if you tell him instead of hiding it. And you've only known him for what, two days?” He laughed and she shot him a look. “Just talk to him. Don't try to hide it from him because it probably won't end well for you.”

“Yeah, I guess I'm going to have to do that. It's just so difficult. I hate that Jamie can just waltz into my life and throw it completely upside down. But, thanks for saving me, Ty.” She reached over and hugged him.

“Anytime, love. I've always got your back.” The bell rang to indicate the end of breakfast. Bree was surprised that the last half an hour had seemed like a whole day. She went back to Mr. MacAlbee's room to grab her things. She lingered in there for a moment and then walked to the computer lab.

Alex was waiting outside for her. He took one look at her and pulled her into his arms. “Bree, what's wrong? What happened? Why were you crying?”

Bree savored the moment, breathing in his scent, absorbing his body heat. She never wanted the moment to end.

He rubbed his hands up and down her back and then pulled away. “Bree?”

She looked at him with tears in her eyes. “Alex, I have to tell you something.”