I Meant What I Said

Oh, Shut Up

What was happening? She couldn't breathe. His body on top of hers was something she wasn't used to. Was this actually happening? Now? Tonight? No, it couldn't be. It was too soon. It was moving too fast. Too much was happening.

She couldn't breathe. Her mind was racing. Her stomach was in knots. We can't do this, she thought. This can't be happening.

She felt his lips against her neck. His breath was warm in her mouth. Oh my gosh. She felt sick to her stomach. More nervous than she had ever been before. His hands were warm against her bare skin. His stomach was smooth against hers.

Breathe. Not much was separating them now. It was imminent. She couldn't think. She couldn't do anything. He was hypnotizing. Memorizing.

“It's too soon.” Her breathing was heavy. She couldn't even comprehend everything that was happening anymore. It just was.

“I don't care.” He pressed his body closer to hers, filling the space between them. He bit her bottom lip. She felt his breath in her mouth.

This was the right thing to do, right? He was leaving tomorrow, for two weeks. No awkward moments; he'd be hundreds of miles away.

It felt so right to her. But the timing was wrong.

But it was happening. She felt his warm breath against her neck and his hands against her sides. “Alex,” she whispered. She was breathless.

He slipped his tongue into her mouth and she melted into the bed a little more. Their bodies moved in sync with each other. His hands moved his way up and down her bare body. She was still in her bra and underwear but she felt so vulnerable to him. “You sure?” He whispered.

“I don't know.”

Back To Present Day

“What are you going to write back to him?” Alex sat at the computer desk with a determined look on his face.

He whispered, “Asshole,” under his breath, but Bree heard him. She ran her hands up and down his back. He put his fingers on the keyboard and started writing. When he was done, he read it out loud. “Bree's not going to run back to you. You hurt her, so much. And you could actually crush me, huh? Whatever, I would utterly destroy you. But, fortunately for you, Bree made me promise not to hurt you.” He sent it and then logged off the computer.

Bree looked at Alex. She grabbed his hand. “Come on, babe, let's go in the other room.” Reluctantly, Alex stood up and followed Bree up to Sara's loft. She sat on the futon up there and he sat next to her. He leaned against the back of the futon and Bree lay down, resting her head in his lap. “I'm so sorry, baby. I really am.” His hand was resting on her stomach and she put hers on top of it.

“I just don't understand why he would even do that. He's your ex boyfriend. You don't even talk.”

“I know. It's terrible.” She felt him run his hands through her hair, which was no longer in braids. He gently pushed her bangs out of her face.

“I'm sorry,” he said. “It just sucks. I just don't get why he would even talk to me. We obviously don't know each other and we probably never will.” He ran his finger tips down the side of her face and it gave her the chills. She sat up and looked at him.

“Don't let him get to you. That's exactly what he wants. He wants to get under your skin and make you question yourself. It's what he does. Just forget about him.” She put her hand on the side of his face. He smiled and she leaned in to kiss him.

“You guys having sex up there?” Max yelled form the couch in the living room.

“Oh shut up, Max. Be nice to them.” Bree heard Sara trying to shut him up.

“NO! We'll be right down.” Bree grabbed Alex's hand and they both stood up. They walked down the stairs and back into the living room.

Sara and Max were laying next to each other on the couch, leaving no room for Alex and Bree. She walked over to the arm chair and looked at Alex. He sat down and she sat on top of him and got comfortable. Sara looked at them. “Gross,” she said. “Anyways, what movie do you want to watch? How about 'Garden State'?”

“Works for me.” Sara turned on the movie and snuggled against Max. Half an hour later, Sara and Max got up and walked into the kitchen.

Bree took the advantage to kiss Alex. She turned so she was facing him and pressed her lips against his. He wrapped his hand around the back of her neck and pulled her closer. He slipped his tongue into her mouth and their breathing got heavy.

Suddenly, Bree noticed Sara standing in the doorway. “No, no,” she said. “Don't let me interrupt. Continue.” Bree flipped her off and then repositioned herself back against Alex. “What do you guys want for dinner? We just pulled some menus out and put them on the counter. Go take a look.” Bree and Alex got up and went into the kitchen.

Bree started cracking up laughing. Alex looked at her. “What?” he said.

“You know, we said that we were going to try to get to know each other a little bit.”

“Yeah, but that didn't really stick, huh.” He put his hands around her and goosed her.

“Hey.” She said. “Don't be like that.”

“Oh, but why not? It's just too much fun.” She put her hand over his mouth and he bit it.

“Hey.”

“What?” He said. “What are you going to do about it?” He tickled her until her cheeks were red and she was gasping for breath.

“Stop, stop,” she said. She was holding on top him so she wouldn't fall to the ground. He waited until she caught her breath again.

“Fine, fine. But, it's good to know that you're ticklish.” He had a smirk on his face. Crap.

She smiled at him. “You're so cute.”

He kissed her and her legs went to jello. He put his hands under her butt and picked her up. He set her down on the counter so she was at eye level with him. She ran his fingers through his hair. He leaned forward and kissed her. “This feels right, Bree.”