I Meant What I Said

Why Did You?

Bree put her car into gear and headed to Alex's house. Her heart was in her throat. She couldn't believe how attached she had gotten to Alex. They still barely knew each other but they were inseparable. She smiled as she thought about him. When she got to his house, she pulled into his driveway and got out of her car. She walked to the front door and knocked. She heard his footsteps running down the hall. He opened the door and smiled. “Hey,” he said. Before she even got to respond, he picked her up. She wrapped her legs around him and looked into his eyes. He smiled at her then pressed his lips against hers.

Oh, so this is how the night was going to go.

She kissed him, feeling his arms around her back. She felt so safe with him. He walked into the living room, still holding on to her. He sat her down on the chaise lounge chair and pushed her backwards. He positioned himself on top of her and smiled. She looked into his eyes. His hair looked so great. She ran her fingers through his hair and pulled her closer to him. He pressed his lips against hers once again. She felt him smirking. Her stomach was still in knots. She couldn't believe how attracted she was to him. She leaned up closer to him as he slid his tongue into her mouth. She felt his hands on her stomach. She pulled away. “Alex.”

“Hm?” He wasn't paying any attention though. The television was blaring in the background. There was too much going on. He kissed her again, this time deeper. He reached for the hem of her shirt and pulled it upwards. She put her hands over her head and allowed him to take it off of her. So much for the new shirt. He threw it somewhere on the other side of the room and he slid his hand up under her tank top and onto her bare stomach.

She felt herself drawn to him and she couldn't resist. He sat up and pulled her into his lap. She smiled and kissed him, finding the hem of his shirt with her hands. She pulled it over his head and he lifted his arms to get it off. She ran her hands up and down his chest. He had a great body.

She felt him kiss her neck and she melted into him. This was so great. She was startled by something vibrating against her leg. She tried to tell him. “Alex,” she whispered but it came out as almost nothing. She leaned forward to kiss him, pressing his phone into his leg, but he still didn't feel it. “Alex,” she tried again. “Your phone is ringing.”

She fell backwards onto the chair and he fell on top of her, resting his head against her chest. He reached into his pocket and grabbed his phone. “Hello?” he said without even checking the called ID. “Who is this?” He sat up and the look on his face changed. “Why are you calling me?” Bree was getting frustrated with the one-sided conversation she was hearing. He was talking to someone he obviously didn't want to talk to. “Stop calling me. Please. We talked about this before I left. It's not going to happen. Not again, not ever. Goodbye.” He hung up the phone and threw it somewhere on the other couch. He laid back down on top of Bree. She ran her fingers through his hair.

“Everything okay, babe?” His mood had changed. He pushed himself up and looked into her eyes.

“Bree, please tell me you will never be a crazy ex-girlfriend. Please.”

She kissed his hand, which was pressed against her cheek. “I promise, baby. What happened?”

“Just people back in Maryland suck. Especially ex-girlfriends.” He looked at her and forced a smile to show her he was okay. She saw right through it. He repositioned himself so he was sitting next to her. She scooted down and rested her head on his bare chest. She tried to straighten out her tank top as much as she could, but it was very twisted.

“Talk to me baby,” she said, hoping to understand some of what he was going through.

“Stupid Kelley,” he said. “We broke up. I broke up with her before I left. I didn't like her at all, not anymore. And I definitely didn't want to do a long distance thing. But she did. She wanted us to be together forever. And that freaked me out. I barely knew her and I just wasn't attracted to her.” He kissed the top of her forehead and she felt her cheeks start to burn.

“But you were attracted to her at one time, right?”

“Bree, don't be mad at me. I'm not proud of the person I was in Maryland. I'm trying so hard to be a good guy for you. So hard.”

“It's okay, Alex. It really is. I didn't know you then, but I do now. And I can't help but to say that I'm really starting to like you, a lot. I'm very attracted to you.” He kissed her forehead and put his hand on the side of her cheek. She pulled herself up to kiss him. It was so perfect.

“I'm really starting to like you, too, Bree. So much. I think about you all day long.” Her stomach filled with butterflies.

“Talk to me, baby. What happened with Kelley?”

“It was so stupid. We shouldn't have even hooked up in the first place. She's more than a whole year younger than me and it's obvious that her maturity level is there too.” He paused and she put her hand on his chest to let him know that she was still listening.

“So why did you?”

“Well, it was my buddies' birthday party and we got trashed. And Kelley was there and she looked hot, but that was only when I was drunk. It started out with just making out. Drunk making out is what happened all the time in Maryland. But it got a little too escalated. I was too drunk, she was too drunk, it didn't end well. So we hooked up and she got way too attached. She wanted me to be her boyfriend and fall in love with her, but I just wasn't into her.”

“Oh, wow. She does sound pretty, uh, psycho?”

“She was terrible. She called me all the time and got jealous whenever I talked to anyone that wasn't hers. Even guys. She even went to the point of telling everyone in her gym class that I was gay so no girls would try to hit on me.”

“Alex, she was so terrible! I'm so sorry.” Bree kissed his chest. “I promise to never be crazy, okay?”

“You're too cute, Bree. But yeah, Kelley was horrible. But it happened every time I went to a party. She followed me and got me drunk and we hooked up. So after a while, it just felt like she was my girlfriend. I don't even know why I kept it going for so long, but it went on for a long time. Neither of us really wanted to stop. She was lonely and I was just a typical guy.” Bree laughed and he kissed the top of her. “So, that's my Kelley story.”

“Wow, yeah, I don't really know what to say to that. She does sound pretty psycho.”

“Please tell me you have no crazy ex-boyfriends. Besides Jamie of course. Oh! Did I tell you that he messaged me back?” Bree shook her head. “Yeah, this afternoon I got a message and he was like 'Don't you effing hurt her or I'll personally kick your ass. She's too good for you. She's a great girl. She deserves the best.' So I just deleted it. I'm not going to fight with him over you. I'm not going to stoop to his level. You're too important for that.” Bree nuzzled herself into the spot on his shoulder that she just fit.

“Why, thank you, Mr. Denvin.” She leaned up and kissed him. “So Jamie really had the nerve to call you out?”

“Yeah, I don't get that kid. And he didn't even do it to my face. He did it over Myspace.”

“He's such a coward. Definitely not the same person he used to be. Trust me, it's not like I fell for him as an asshole.” Alex laughed.

“Bree, you're just too cute.” She smiled.

“Hey, where's your bathroom?”

“Uh, upstairs. Remember where my room is? It's the door right before that as you're walking down the hall.”

She got up and noticed the clock. It was already 11. She hadn't realized they had been talking for so long. She grabbed her phone out of her bag that was sitting by the door. She walked upstairs and into the bathroom, which was even bigger than hers. She was completely astonished by it. When she came out, she noticed that Alex was in his room. She walked in. “What are you doing?”

“Well, I figured since it's almost midnight that you were spending the night so I was getting you a shirt and some, uh, boxers or shorts or whatever I could find.” Bree walked over and sat on the bed. She pulled out her phone and texted Nate.

'Hey, I'm staying here tonight. Thanks for covering.' She put her phone on his dresser.

“Have I told you that I'm astonished by the size of your house?” Alex smiled and walked over to her. He kissed her then handed her the pile of clothes that were in his hand. He walked out of the room and she got changed. He came back in a minute later and picked her up. He walked over to the bed and put her down, laying on top of her.

She smiled and pressed her lips against his. The moment got heated pretty fast. He slipped his tongue in her mouth and pulled the shirt she was wearing off of her, leaving her in just a bra and a pair of boxers. He still had no shirt on from earlier. She fumbled with his belt buckle and then the button and zipper on his pants. He slid his way out of his pants and was now laying on top of her in just his boxers. He pushed down the boxers she was wearing leaving her in just her bra and underwear. She flipped over on top of him and sat up, pulling him up with her. She pressed herself against him as he fumbled with her bra. “Why do they make these so difficult?” She laughed and pressed herself closer to him. He finally undid her bra and rolled over on top of her. They had never been this close before, but it felt like they always had been.

Alex reached over to the bed side table. He opened the drawer. Nothing. “Shit,” he said. “I'm so sorry, Bree. I don't have anything.” Bree grabbed a pillow from the top of the bed, covered herself and sat up next to Alex.

“Oh,” she said. “I don't either.”

What a moment ruiner.
♠ ♠ ♠
questions?
comments?
talk to me :D

131 readers & 11 subscribers.
ily<33