I Meant What I Said

Your Girl's A Slut

The next morning Bree woke up next to a half-naked Alex and smiled. It was already 11. Shit. She had to get home before her mom did. She leaned over the bed and kissed Alex, who stirred. “Baby, I'm going home. Text me later.”

She grabbed all of her clothes and slipped them on and then walked downstairs to find her shirt. She finally walked to the front door and grabbed her bag and went out to her car. She went home and met Nate, who was making lunch for the twins. “Mom won't be home until tonight. Don't worry. You're safe. I told the twins you were at Sara's for the night.”

“Thanks,” she said, before grabbing a water out of the fridge and going upstairs to shower. She stood under the shower head for almost 10 minutes before she even started to wash her hair. What was she thinking the night before? She wasn't ready to sleep with Alex. Not at all.

She made up her mind that she wasn't going to let it happen again. Not for a while. Almost half an hour before she began her shower, she was finally done. She got out and wrapped herself in a towel. She ran into her room and turned on the light. Her bed was still perfectly made from the day before. Her mom would never know.

Bree got dressed in a pair of light wash jeans and an American Eagle low rise shirt. She had on a light yellow tank top underneath. She was going to let her hair dry naturally today. When she didn't straighten her hair, it was slightly wavy and looked great on her. She walked downstairs and into the kitchen where the twins were finishing eating their chicken nuggets. “Want me to make you anything?” Nate said.

“Uh, I think I'm just going to grab a Hot Pocket or something.”

“Alright.” The twins finished eating and ran into the playroom. “So, how was last night with Mr. Amazing?”

“Oh, shut up, Nate. It was good.”

“You're not sleeping with him, are you?”

“Way to be blunt, Nate. And no, we're not sleeping together, yet.”

“Yet? So you're thinking about it.”

“Nate.”

“What? You always used to ask me about my girlfriends.”

“I was 14 Nate,” she laughed. “I was just happy you didn't hate me.”

“Surprisingly, I never hated you.” He laughed and got up to put the twins' dishes into the dishwasher. Bree felt her phone going off in her pocket. She pulled it out and flipped it open. It was from Callie.

'Hey. The football QB is having a party tonight for winning the game last night. Come with me! Bring Nate too. 1417 Wilton St. 8PM'

Callie had always had a thing for Nate, but she'd never do anything about it. Nate didn't date high school girls, as he always reminded Bree. She held up her phone for Nate to read. “Yeah, I'll go with you. Are you bringing Alex?” Bree gave him a look. “Oh, obviously you're bringing him.” He laughed. “At least I'll get a chance to know the kid.”

Bree texted Alex. 'Hey. There's a party tonight. Want to go? I'll pick you up around 7:45.'

Within seconds, Alex wrote back. 'Yeah, sounds good. I'll be ready.'

She turned to Nate. “Well, I guess you're going to a high school party tonight.”

Nate laughed. “Oh, Bree. So young. I used to be the king of high school parties.” Bree laughed. “Hey, shut up. I was.”

The rest of the afternoon kind of dragged by. Nate and Bree sat on the couch watching VH1's Celeb Reality. It only held their attention for a little while. At about 3:30, Bree yelled for the twins to come in the living room. “Hey, guys, we're going to Dunkin Donuts. Go hop in my car.” The boys were very excited to be going to Dunkin's. They loved the munchkin donuts.

Bree grabbed her bag and some cash and slipped on her clogs that were by the door. Nate was already in the car and Bree jumped in, putting her cell phone into the cup holder and her iPod into the dock. Nate messed around with it and finally played There For Tomorrow. The twins were preoccupied in the back seat with their video games so Bree and Nate got to listen to their music in silence.

An hour later, they returned from Dunkin's with chocolate covered 8 year olds. “Go upstairs and shower guys.” The boys ran upstairs and fought over who got the main bathroom and who got their parents'.

Nate and Bree went back into the living room. The watched some movie that didn't even catch their attention to begin with. They mostly talked about Nate's life at college. He kept trying to convince her that he had all these girlfriends and he had tons of one-night stands, but Bree could see right through it. At 7, their mom came home. “Kids, I'm home!” She walked into the living. “Nice to see you guys. I missed you so much.” Bree stood up to hug her mom and Nate followed.

“Have a good time?” Nate was such a suck-up.

At 7:30, Bree announced that it was time for them to leave. Her mom, who was sitting at the island in the kitchen with the twins, looked up from her magazine. “Be home by midnight, guys, okay? And call me if anything happens. Enjoy!”

Bree and Nate climbed into her car and drove over to Alex's. When they got there, Bree beeped the horn and he came running out. He jumped into the car. “Hey, I'm Nate.” He put his hand out to shake Alex's.

“Alex. Nice to officially meet you.” Bree rolled her eyes and started driving towards the party. They got there just after 8. Callie was standing in the front yard with some of her friends from cheering.

“Bree! I'm so glad you came!” Bree felt Alex grab her hand. She had forgotten that he didn't know anyone here. “Oh, this must be Alex. Hi, I'm Callie. Bree's best friend.” Alex smiled at her and she walked away, obviously having some more mingling to do. Bree and Alex walked into the house that was already crammed with people. She said “hi” to a few people she knew and waved at others who were across the room.

About an hour into the party, more and more people were still arriving. Bree had found a love seat in the living room and sat down with him. They were enjoying the time together. Out of no where, Bree heard someone yelling. All she caught was “Bree Addison is a slut!” Tears filled in her eyes and Alex noticed.

“Bree, baby, what's wrong?”

“Did you hear that?” Just then the person yelled it again, this time louder and closer.

“Bree Addison is a slutttttt.” The T was dragged out farther this time.

“Who the hell is saying that?” Alex got up and he looked pissed. Jamie walked into the room holding a red cup, obviously trashed.

“Bree Addison is a sluttttt.” He was slurring his words now.

Alex went up to him. “What the hell is your problem, man?” Jamie poked Alex in the chest.

“You heard me. Your girl's a slut.”

“Jamie, just leave. I didn't do anything.” Bree had knots in her stomach. She reached up from behind Alex and grabbed his hand.

“Oh, Bree, quit the joke. You just take, take, take, take, take. You don't think about anyone else.” He paused to take a drink out of his cup. “You broke my heart, Bree!” He was so drunk that he was actually embarrassing himself. “You need to be with me. I need you so much. I can't live without you. See? I'm a mess. I need you.”

“Jamie.”

“You heard me, Bree. I love you.” A crowd was forming around them now. Jamie looked at Alex. He put his hand in Alex's face. “Back the hell off, man. I want her. Get lost.” The look on Alex's face said that he was about to punch the kid out if he did anything else.

“Jamie, get out of here! You don't get to do this. Get out! I don't want you in my life. I'm done with you.”

“You're going to regret this someday. I was the best you ever had. You'll never get any better than me. You'll miss me!”

“I don't miss you, Jamie. Now, stop. You're making a fool out of yourself.”

Jamie walked back to Alex and pushed him. “Don't you fucking hurt her, man. I'll kick your ass.” Jamie punched Alex, causing his lip to bleed for a second. He looked around the room, trying to get a response from the crowd. Alex caught him in a moment of weakness and decked him, causing him to fall to the ground. Jamie stumbled up, holding his eye which was already turning into a large bruise.

“You're an ass, man. She deserves so much better than you!”

“Oh, like you? The one who broke her heart? I don't think so.” Alex put his hand to his lip and looked at his fingers which were covered in blood.

Jamie started at Alex again but was stopped by some of the football players who came up from behind him and grabbed his arms.

“Get the hell off of me!” He yelled, which only made the football players pull harder. “Bree! Don't do this to me! I want you!” Alex pulled Bree into his arms and she melted into him just as Jamie was being thrown out of the house.

The football players came back a minute later. “He's all taken care of, Bree. He won't touch you again.”

She looked at Alex. “Aww, baby, let's go to the kitchen and get you some ice.” His lip was getting more swollen. They walked into the kitchen and he sat at a bar stool. She grabbed him a bag of frozen peas from the freezer and handed them to him. She sat down beside him. “I'm so sorry, Alex. He's such an asshole.”

“Don't worry about it, Bree. You are so worth it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
questions? comments? talk to me :]