I Meant What I Said

It's Okay

Flashback - The Beginning of Sophomore Year

The first few days of being with Jamie were like a whole new life for Bree. After everything they had been through before, she would have never imagined herself being with Jamie. Who would have thought when she met him freshman year that he'd become her other half?

Jamie was the perfect boyfriend. He walked her to all of her classes and waited for her when they were over. He always kissed her goodbye and he always made sure to spend time with her. He joined her table at lunch, and even though he and Sara had never gotten along, they did, just for Bree.

Bree couldn't have been happier. They were officially together on a Tuesday and he invited her to go to get Japanese food with Chase and his girlfriend, Anna, on Friday night. Bree's mother let her go; she saw how happy Jamie made her daughter. The four of them enjoyed the night, and they even went to the movies after. Jamie let her rest her head on his chest the entire time and he covered her eyes at the scary parts. This was the perfect romance for Bree, the one she'd always wanted.

Six weeks later, Bree and Jamie were still happier than ever. Many people said they were still in the “honeymoon phase” of their relationship, but they didn't care. All either of them wanted to do was to spend as much time with each other as possible.

Homecoming was coming up in three weeks. Bree and Callie decided that they would go dress shopping together. Both of their parents gave them cash, and Bree's brother dropped them at the mall. They spent the entire day looking for the perfect dress. After almost 7 hours at the mall, they each found the perfect one. Callie's was the color of the ocean in Grand Turk and it was a halter. It looked unbelievable on her. She looked great. Bree's was light purple and it had spaghetti straps. It hugged her in all the right places.

The dance came faster than they had expected. Jamie asked Bree to be his date and even bought her a ticket. On the night of the dance, Chase offered to take Jamie and Bree with him and Anna. Bree and Anna had grown close lately because they spent so much time together with the boys.

The whole night went perfectly. Bree danced with Jamie and he kissed her at all the right times. The senior couple who were destined to be Homecoming King and Queen were chosen. Anna invited Bree to spend the night with her after, even though Anna was sleeping at Chase's. Bree was surprised to know that Chase's dad was letting him have girls sleep over, but she didn't mind. She had a whole night to herself with Jamie.

The dance ended at 11. The four of them got into Chase's car and drove the whole 10 minutes it took to get to Chase's house. As soon as they got there, Bree and Anna ran to the guest room where they had dropped off clothes before the dance. Bree changed into her gray work out pants and one of her PacSun v-neck shirts. Anna looked at her. “Bree, I just don't get it. How can you pull off sweats?” She looked at Anna and laughed.

She then walked over to the mirror and took her hair out. The hairdresser had put her hair into curls and piled them on the top of her head. Her bangs swooped lightly over her forehead. She pulled the bobby pins out of her hair and let her curls cascade over her shoulders.

Bree walked over to Anna and helped her take out her hair. The girls then put their dresses on hangers and hung them in the bathroom. They walked down the hallway to the living room where the boys were waiting.

Jamie looked at her and smiled. “Bree, you look... amazing. Breathtaking.” She walked over to him and fell into the arm chair he was sitting in. She leaned over and kissed him, wrapping her arms around his neck. She let go of him and snuggled into the space between him and the arm of the chair. She looked over and Anna and Chase, who were sitting together on the arm chair.

It was already midnight. None of them were tired though. Chase took Anna down to the basement to watch a movie Bree didn't recognize, which left Bree and Jamie sitting in the chair. Bree climbed on top of him and smiled. He reached behind her head and pulled her into a kiss. She kissed him for what seemed like forever. They heard the clock chime 12:30.

Jamie stood up and grabbed Bree's hand. “Where are we going? Jamie?” She followed him down the room and into a bedroom. “Jamie?” Bree looked at him. She was nervous. What were they doing in here?

“Bree, it's okay. I'm not going to try anything, you can breathe again.” Bree smiled and he reached over and kissed her. She sat down on the bed and he sat next to her. “Bree, you are amazing. I'm so happy I'm with you.” Bree felt butterflies in her stomach.

Jamie reached over and kissed her, gently lying her down on the bed. He kissed her and she never wanted it to stop. She lay next to him on the bed, her hand on his chest. He was still wearing his jeans, but they were both too comfortable to move. Bree nuzzled her head into the spot on his shoulder. He looked at her and kissed her forehead.

Bree repositioned herself as Jamie leaned in for another kiss. He was laying half on top of her and the butterflies were coming back again. He kissed her and then looked her in the eyes and smiled. “Bree. I love you.”