I Meant What I Said

Just Great

Back to present time

Bree hid out in the student council room instead of going to breakfast. After leaving Sara to spend time with Max, she went into the bathroom to fix her makeup. One of her best friends, Lucie, was in there. Lucie was always there for Bree and she always said exactly what Bree needed to hear.

Lucie helped Bree to fix her makeup and put new stuff on. Bree smiled as Lucie talked her through the situation. Lucie promised not to tell anyone that Bree had been crying. The two of them had math together, and Lucie promised her that she had her back.

After fixing her makeup, Bree and Lucie went into the student council room to take care of some of the paperwork. Luckily, this took them the entire breakfast so Bree wouldn't run into anyone, especially Jamie.

The bell rang, signaling the end of breakfast. Bree and Lucie walked up the stairs and down the hall to their math class. They went in the room and took their seats. This year, their math class was filled with people, especially people who didn't belong there. It was an honors class and the workload was even a lot for Bree to handle; she was surprised some other people were keeping their head above water.

The next bell rang for the beginning of class and the teacher went through the lesson as usual. The class then split up to work on the assigned classwork. Bree and Lucie turned their desks towards each other and waited for Tyler to come over. The three of them always did their work together, every day.

Today, Tyler noticed that the new kid, Alex, was working alone. “Alex! Hey, dude, come over here and work with us!” Alex was hesitant though. Being new to the school, he was still unsure of the people around him. After a moment, he walked over to where the three of them were and pulled over a chair, right next to Bree.

He sat down and said, “Hey,” then pulled out the class work. Tyler and Lucie looked at each other, whispering something. Bree was curious. The four of them worked hard and got all the work done almost half an hour early. This meant that they had the rest of the class to themselves. Tyler decided he would get to know Alex.

“So, Alex, where are you from?” Alex looked nervous being put on the spot.

“Uh, Maryland. A, uh, suburb of Baltimore.”

“That's cool.” Tyler smiled at him. “What kind of music do you like?”

Alex got a little more comfortable with this subject. “Oh, I like indie stuff, a lot. Uh, mostly Mayday Parade, The Maine, There for Tomorrow, oh, and The Rocket Summer.”

Bree froze. The Rocket Summer? THE ROCKET SUMMER?! He had to like Jamie's favorite band. Great.

Tyler smiled at Bree then turned to Alex. “Well. Alex. It looks like you and Miss Bree here have a lot in common.”

Alex looked shocked. “Bree, you like indie stuff too? Really?”

Bree smiled at him, kicking Tyler underneath the desks. “Yeah. I love All Time Low, Mayday Parade, The Maine, and a few others.” Alex smiled at her.

“So, Bree, what classes do you have after this? I just got my schedule and I'm trying to find people I can hang with.”

“Well, next I have Web Design and Publishing, then French, then lunch. You?”

Alex's face went into a big smile. “Me too! The exact same thing!”

The bell rang to tell students to switch to third block. Bree gathered her things and met up with Alex, who was waiting for her just outside the door. This class was going to be great.

The two of them walked into the computer lab and Alex walked up to the teacher to introduce himself. Bree sat at her computer and got herself settled. The bell rang for the beginning of class and the teacher, Mr. Donnello, spoke. “Welcome class, take your seats. We have a new student today. His name is Alex Denvin. Alex, you can go take a seat next to Bree.” Bree felt her heart drop as he said Alex's name.

This would be fun. Alex on one side and Jamie on the other. What a perfect class.

Bree saw Alex take the computer to the left of her and she helped to get him set up. Jamie came in, ten minutes late, with a pass saying he needed to finish taking a test. Jamie looked at Bree with a confused look. “Bree, who's this?” Bree just looked at him.

“Jamie, this is Alex. Alex, Jamie.” The two boys just looked at each other. Bree just knew this could only get worse. Jamie sat down on the other side of Bree.

“So Alex. Where are you from?” The questioning went on for almost ten minutes until Mr. Donnello decided to start class.

“Today, class, we will be starting a project. This project will be extensive and will encompass everything we've learned so far. You will be working in groups of two. Uh, wait a second. There will be one group of three. This project will be a homepage for a musical band, artist, or orchestra of your choice. The result of this project will be one-third of your final grade.” Bree was excited when she heard the assignment. Hopefully she'd be paired with someone who had the same taste in music as her; that would make the project easy.

Mr. Donnello continued. “Even though many of you will not like me for this, I will be choosing your groups.” The class let out a loud sigh. “Oh, I know, you'll all live. So I chose groups completely random and you are not allowed to switch out. Okay, Lana and Mike will be a group, Katherine and Allison, Molly and Tommy, Amanda and Ian, Bobby and Samantha, and finally Bree, Jamie and Alex.” Bree's heart stop. Mr. Donnello looked at her. “Bree and Jamie, I hope you two can work well with each other and guide Alex through everything we've learned.”

Bree's day couldn't possibly get any worse. A whole project, one she needed to pass, with Jamie and Alex. Great.