I Meant What I Said

Follow Me

“So I guess we should get started then.” Bree looked at both of her team members, still not believing that she had to work with Alex and Jamie, together, on a project that actually meant something. “So...”

Alex looked at her and smiled. “I'm up for anything. I just want to learn how to do some of this.” Jamie shot him a look. “I mean, I know the basics, I just don't know how you guys want to do this.”

Jamie moved his chair closer to Bree, putting his hand on her thigh. “We can work on Bree's computer since she's in the middle.” He rubbed his hand on her thigh, his thumb moving towards the seam on the inside her of jeans.

“Not a problem.” Alex moved his chair in closer, too. Bree felt awkward being in the middle of their territory dispute.

“Okay, well let's get started.” She opened a blank document on her screen. “Any ideas?” Both boys bombarded her with ideas. She got everything including Mayday Parade, The Maine, The Rocket Summer, and All Time Low.

Jamie's hand crept up her leg, moving towards somewhere it just didn't belong. Bree was getting uncomfortable. She leaned over and whispered in his ear. “Jamie. What are you doing?”

He looked at her, confused. “What are you talking about?”

“Your hand. My leg. Care to explain?”

“Oh, I guess it's just a habit.”

“Take your hand off my leg.” Bree's voice got louder. Jamie took his hand off her leg right before Alex looked over.

“Everything okay, Bree?” She looked him and smiled.

“Don't worry about it, Alex.” She shot a nasty look at Jamie and he folded his hands in his lap. “How about we do All Time Low?” Both boys agreed and they began working on their project.

Almost forty minutes later, the bell rang to go to the next class. Bree saved everything and logged off her computer. Alex had gone ahead, but he said he'd wait for her outside of French. Bree grabbed her bag and went to walk out the door when Jamie ran up beside her and stopped her. “Bree, we still good for lunch?”

Bree looked at him, still annoyed with the stunt he pulled earlier. “Yeah, fine, whatever.”

Jamie looked hurt. “Bree. I didn't mean anything by it. It's just, well, I guess I'll talk to you later.” He turned away from her and walked out the door. Bree continued walking. She had to walk to the other side of the school to get to French and she decided to take the long way. She got to the class room right before the bell rang.

She took her seat and saw Alex talking to the teacher. There were only 7 people in the class to begin with, Alex made 8. He walked over and took the seat next to her. The teacher walked to the front of the class. “Bonjour class! Today we will begin working on the French culture project.” Bree sighed. Another project. “I will let you choose your partners, and there are an even number of you, so you'll all just have one partner.” Three of the girls in her class sighed. Bree rolled her eyes. “I encourage you to choose your partner wisely. Very wisely.”

Bree was still looking at the project assignment the teacher had given them when she heard a desk move over. She figured it was Britney, her partner every time. She looked up and saw Alex staring at her and smiling. “Partners?” Bree smiled him. This boy really took the initiative to be friends with her.

The two worked on their project for a little while before an announcement came through on the loud speaker. “Attention all students. Please report to the auditorium. Teachers. Excuse all students at this time. Thank you.” Bree was psyched. She grabbed her bags and walked out the door with Alex.

They walked down the hall and got stuck in the mass of people who were trying to get up the only convenient staircase from the bottom floor. “Ugh, why does this happen, don't people understand that you can only fit a few people up at once?” Alex looked at her and smiled.

“Bree, you're too cute. Follow me.” He grabbed her hand and weaved backwards out of the crowd. He walked down the long hallway to the other staircase. There was no one on this side of the school. Alex laced his fingers between hers and she smiled. What was this boy doing?

Alex and Bree took their time walking up the stairs, down the hallway and back down the stairs to get to the auditorium. They finally came out where everyone was. Bree looked down and noticed that their hands were still laced together. Alex looked at the same time and let go. “Sorry.” He blushed.

“Really, Alex, don't worry about it.” She smiled. Alex smiled back and put his arm around her at the same time Jamie was coming down the hallway. He walked up to them, clearly upset.

“Looky, looky. What do we have here?” Bree turned red and shot him a look.

“Jamie, just stop. We broke up remember?” Alex looked at her, confused. Jamie turned away and started walking towards the auditorium. He didn't get far before he turned back around. By that time, Alex already had Bree in a hug.

Jamied yelled to her, “Bree, just don't forget. We really still need to talk.”