Status: Completed.

Long Rides

025

My phone rang and I answered it. “Hello?” No answer. I kept repeating but there was still no answer. Thinking that someone prank-called me, I hung up. Then, I was slowly being dragged away from the group of my friends; I didn’t know who, or what was dragging be away. My sight went black.

As I opened my eyes, it took a few moments to realize where I was. I was in a car, but slowly everything faded into black.

The rest happened just like the last few nights’ dream: my clothes being ripped off, pain everywhere, Jonathan leaving.


Jonathan
I was still in the lounge watching TV, until I decided to go to my bunk. I opened the curtain and Athe was sleeping peacefully on my bunk. Not that I mind, though. I wasn’t sleepy yet, so I grabbed a book I wasn’t finished reading yet and flipped through pages and stopped when I found the page I wasn’t finished reading, and continued reading as I laid next to Athe.

Athe stirred in her sleep, as she called out my name. “Jonathan…” she mumbled. “Jonathan, don’t leave. Jonathan…”

She kept repeating it as she stirred. I swore I even saw a drop of tear rolling down her cheek. Worried as hell, I put my book aside and hugged her tight.

I kissed the top of her head. “It’s okay,” I whispered. “I’m not going to leave you. Everything’s gonna be okay. I’m here.”

The next day, I asked her about what she dreamt last night. Her expression changed, and uneasily answered that she didn’t remember. She was putting a strand of her hair into the back of her ear while she answered me; that’s what she does when she’s lying.

I thought the dream was really bad, so I didn’t force her to answer it honestly. The least thing I wanted to do in my life is hurting the girl I love.

Athe
I know not letting Jonathan knew about my past was wrong, but I didn’t want him to know. What if he’s upset with what I was? Drugs, smoke, drinks… sex. Although I didn’t want those things to happen but it still happened.

Maybe other guys would say, “It’s okay, I’m just disappointed that you didn’t tell me about it. But you didn’t want it to happen, right? So it’s okay.”

But knowing Jonathan, he would say, “You didn’t want them to happen but it still happens! Why? You can at least try forcing him to stop!”

And then I’ll try to explain to him that I did try, so freaking much. Then we’ll get into a huge argument because we were both so fucking stubborn, and no one wanted to give away. No one wanted to apologize first.

“Hey,” Alex popped next to me and I jumped.

“Alex, never do that again!” I shrieked as I playfully hit his arm, and he laughed.

“Well, sorry,” he apologized as he wiped the sweat on his forehead with a small towel in his hand. He took a bottle of water and wetted his head with the water. “It feels so good. You know, even in the winter it’s still hot in here.”

“It’s because Jack is in da house and he is hot so he turns everything around him hot!” Jack exclaimed.

“Shut up, man,” Rian said, smacking his head. Alex and I rolled our eyes at Jack.

I watched as Jonathan bounced up and down out on the stage. He turned around and grinned at me before turning back around and continued singing Breakdown.

“Okay, so,” Jonathan said to the crowd once the song was finished, breathless. “I met this amazing girl. I don’t know how to describe girl, she’s just really amazing.” He turned to look at me. “Would you like to come out here?”

Before I could answer – even with a shake of head, Jack pushed me to the stage. The crowd roared. I immediately went to Jonathan’s side; I wasn’t used to attention. Jonathan wrapped an arm around me, but I immediately snatched it away. “You’re so sweaty.”

He laughed. “People, this is Atheria Greeme. She is—“

“Jonathan’s lover!” Jack screamed from the backstage.

“Shut up, Jack,” Jonathan said. “But yeah he’s quite true. She’s my girlfriend.” The girls screamed as Jonathan kissed my cheek.

Caleb laughed into his microphone. “Well, Jonathan, it isn’t fair if the girlfriend of Kyle doesn’t go on stage too, right?”

“That’s right!” Austin chimed in.

“Verion White, would you like to come on stage?” Caleb asked.

Verion walked out of the stage shyly and made a small wave to the crowd.

“Guys, this is Kyle’s girlfriend!” Austin said, and there were lots of girls screamed. “Which iis, Athe’s best friend!”

“Guys, cut it out already!” Kyle whined from the back of the drums. “You’re creeping our girlfriends out!”

“Riight,” Jonathan grinned. “You can go back now.”

“Thanks,” I muttered as I grabbed Verion’s arm and we went back to the backstage. I really wasn’t used to attention.
♠ ♠ ♠
more than just a mark on my sheets.