Status: Completed.

Long Rides

009

My eyes snapped open and my body immediately shivered when I realized I was on the carpeted floor. The only thing that made the room cold was the weather and I was wearing a t-shirt and a pair of shorts! I stood up, holding my sore head. I stared at the bed and Verion was taking over the whole bed. She must have kicked me in process of taking over it. I glanced at the digital clock and the red digits said 6.45 AM.

I yawned and rubbed my eyes. Thinking that I couldn’t go back to sleep, I went to the bathroom to change. I changed my shorts into skinny grey jeans and went back to the bedroom. I threw the shorts to my suitcase and searched for the colorful striped hoodie I was wearing yesterday when I went to Starbucks with Alex. I put them on as I looked for my cupcakes sneakers and a pair of new socks. I put them on after that. I grabbed my Blackberry and wallet, in case I would buy something, and shoved them into my pocket, followed by the room’s key. I went outside and headed to the elevators.

I was thinking to go to the others’ room, but they probably were still asleep so I went to the lobby instead. There were only a few people in the lobby and I saw the dining place was already set for breakfast, so I went there.

There was a familiar glimpse on a chair and I couldn’t get a hint who it was. It was getting clearer by each step I brought closer to it. Zack was looking down, to a thing under the table. Probably his phone.

I sat on the chair across him and folded my arms on the table. His head snapped up and he smiled when he saw me.

“Why are you up already?” he asked.

“I was about to ask you the same thing.”

“I’m always up at this time.”

“Always, as in every day?”

He nodded. “What about you?”

“Verion took over the bed and she kicked me down in process and I can’t go back to sleep.”

“She doesn’t seem like a person who would do such violence.”

I scoffed. “She slapped me hard on the cheek when she woke me up in the morning we first met you. Actually, yeah. She doesn’t like to use violence, but when she’s drunk or asleep, she’s violent as hell.”

“Really?”

“Well not exactly violent as hell… but you get what I mean.”

He laughed. “Yeah, I do.” His phone on the table then rang. He took it and read the caller ID. “Oh, sorry I gotta take this,” he excused and flipped his phone open and answered the call. “Hey Victoria!”

My stomach growled after he took the call, so I stood up and went to get some food. I smell freshly baked muffins.

* * *

The bad weather had passed, which meant we’re back in the life inside van and bus. Also they were having a show tonight, and they allowed us to watch them from backstagebecause Verion threatened them to do so.

It was currently ATL’s turn. It was so fun seeing their performance; they were so energetic and communicative! And Alex’s voice during performance gave me shivers; it sounded better than his voice in recorded songs.

And out of nowhere, Jonathan suddenly popped up beside me.

“They’re awesome, yeah?” he said.

“Yeah,” I chuckled.

Across from us, there were Verion and Kyle. At least they were the one that I only saw. Their faces were filled with smiles and they were… holding hands? And they were standing too close with each other!

“Alex keeps staring at you now and then,” Jonathan said.

“I notice that. He sometimes stares, and then glances.”

“It’s so obvious that he likes you. Well, Caleb too, though,” he grinned down at me.

“That Cheshire Cat face is back!” I said. Yeah, I’ve been calling his grin the Cheshire Cat face. “And yeah, I know he likes me. He asked me to be his girlfriend and I’m pretty sure you know that.”

“And I also know that you rejected him.”

My expression changed for a second and the expression before was back. “Yeah.”

“Why? I can see you like him too.”

I hesitated before answering. “Just because.”

“Wait, that’s not the question. I mean, why are you not ready for a relationship yet? Guys are into you.”

“It’s not like I’m the only girl in this world, Cheshire Cat,” I said, looking up to him, facing his green eyes.

“Don’t avoid the question, Italian Girl,” he replied, looking back into my brown ones.

“I don’t want to answer it,” I honestly answered and returned back my sight to the stage.

“Okay. But I’m here if you want to tell anything, okay?” he said kindly as he gave me a sided hug.

“Thanks. You’re such an understanding person.”

“I know,” he boasted; the Cheshire Cat face that was gone for a while had returned.

I couldn’t help but smile at it. His signature expression always made me smile. I then rested my head on his shoulder while his arm still wrapped around my shoulder.

Alex saw that. Caleb too. Both pairs of eyes were reflecting their feelings right now: burning. Kyle must’ve burnt their heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
what is need to shout about?
the last part was corny -_- i'm pretty sure you guys know kyle's last name is burns, soo XD

just a hint on arne and vincent's closet,
Vincent: Neutral color [black, white, grey, etc.] t-shirts, colorful shoes and hoodies, pairs of slim and skinny jeans. Also guy necklaces.
Arne: Music t-shirts [either illustration or musicians, anything as long they're involving music], neutral colors and simple hoodies and shoes, pairs of slim jeans. Also guy bracelets.