Status: It's coming back :D

This Is Where It Ends

Father Is Not In My Vocabulary

I looked up at the t.v. and looked back at Dr. Smith and let out a small giggle. "Yeah sure and your going to win the lottery next year." I said, grabbing the control and changed the channel. I wasn't going to listen to their nonsense anymore, hearing their voices gave me a headache. I walked out of the waiting room and started to roam the halls again. My tears had stopped falling but the pain in my heart was still there. I wasn't expecting to go away this fast, but I wish it would. It was unbearable to deal with, and by myself? That was asking the impossible. Sensing someone was behind me I looked and saw Dr. Smith behind me, a wide smile spread across his face.

His almond shaped eyes shined in the light as I ran down the hall from him. He chased after me so I ran faster. I didn't want to hear who my real Father was. I just wanted to leave this hospital. But who would take me home? I didn't have the money to call a cab, and there are no real bus stops near my house. The closest one is a two mile walk, something I'm not willing to do in the blistering cold. "Hayley!" I heard him say, I looked behind me and saw him still chasing me. I ran faster than I've ever ran before, only to be stopped by an elevator. I heard his shoes squeak against the tiled floor as he came to a stop when he noticed I had stopped running.

Breathing heavily, he walked over to me and put a hand on my shoulder. "Michael Way is your Father. He has to come and pick you up, I can not let you leave this hospital alone." He said, breathing in a great amount of air.

"Yes you can. I'm sixteen, I can do as I please!" I said.

"Exactly your sixteen. Its state law to contact a living relative and the only one you have is your Father."

"Emancipation! I'll emancipate myself." I yelled, my voice was shaking.

"No judge in his right mind would grant that to you. You aren't even hold enough to qualify for a job. I have to contact your Father."

"Stop saying that word. I don't have a Father, I have a sperm donor and thats it. A real Father would have been here with me, to guide me through this tough time. I just lost my Mother for Gods sake just leave me alone!" I yelled, the tears falling from my eyes. I fell to my knees and just sobbed. I could feel everybody's eyes on me, I could hear the whispers coming from their mouths. I just wanted to be left alone, I just wanted to hear my Mom's voice one more time.

My body was shaking with each breath I struggled to breath in. I picked my head up and came face to face with Dr. Smith. "H-he c-c-can't be m-my F-f-fat-father." I mumbled out.

"And why not Jesse? Your Mom was so young.."

"Don't," I yelled. "Use past tense while talking about my Mom. She hasn't even been d-dead an hour." I said, cutting him off from his sentence. I didn't want to hear it, I didn't want to face the fact that my Mother was dead. I was still sitting on the floor when I felt that everyone was staring at me. There was a group around me, all just staring at me, all whispering about me. I stood up and leaned against the wall.

"Hayley, I'm going to go and try to contact your f-"

"Don't say it!" I yelled.

"What do you have against him?" Dr. Smith asked.

"I hate the band he's in. I hate the fact that he left my Mom alone, I hate the fact that he was never there for us. I just hate him!" I said, folding my arms over my chest. I tried to be strong and keep the tears from falling down my face. When I felt the tears stream down my face, I put my head down and kicked at the floor. Anger at myself not being stronger than this, anger at the fact that I didn't have a family anymore.

"Hayley you don't you have be strong for anyone. You just lost your Mother, no one can ever be that strong. Just don't bottle it all up, cry if you have to cry. I'll be back." Dr. Smith said. I grabbed ahold of him before he could leave and made him promise me he wouldn't call Mikey Way. He just ignored me and walked away from me. I fell to my knees for the second time that day, and let out a scream of agony.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry if its crappy i'm not feeling good.