Six Days, Sixteen Hours

enemies

Wednesday morning came round, and Erin had had some difficulty convincing Ryan to come,explaining to Val what they were doing,and finding Gees apartment again. But finally Ryan had given up and been dragged along, Val hadn't been happy about it, and they found themselves in front of the brick building again.

She wasn't sure of what to do since she had no key, but tried knocking anyway. Nothing happened.

"Oh great.." grumbled Ryan,who was still in a mood.

She ignored him and knocked again. She thought she heard a click and some footsteps, and sure enough Michael appeared at the door.

"Hey Erin," he smiled and stepped back to let them in. Ryan forced a smile as he was introduced, and they went into gees apartment.

Gee was sitting on the sofa and Frank was in the kitchen, fiddling with something. They both turned as they stepped in.

"Hey guys," said Gee sleepily. He looked like he hadn't slept much. Frank smiled and turned back to his pans.

"Hiya..this is the fed up Ryan." she said nodding to him. He forced another smile and raised a hand.

"Join the club," said Gee raising his beer can.

"Don't mind if I do.." he answered. He sat down on the sofa with the other two and Erin headed to see what Frank was doing. There was a plate stacked with pancakes to one side, and he poured batter into the pan.

"Hey,it's your birthday, you shouldn't be doing the cooking.."

He laughed bitterly. "I don't dare let them do it," he said, nodding towards the sofa.

At that point Gee shouted over, "hey Frank, we finished the beers?"

"God,Gee,it's like 11. You shouldn't even be drinking at this hour."

Silence from the other end of the room.

"And yes,you've finished them."

"Right," he declared getting up, "I'm off to get some more. Anyone coming?"

Michael muttered something in agreement and Ryan said he was up for a stroll, so they headed out,with Franks warning to not be too long cos he'd almost finished.

The door slammed shut, and the two stood in silence for a few moments, the sound of the atter sizzling.

"I didn't get you a present.." Erin said thoughtfully, gazing at the batter being swirled around the pan.

"Hmm?"

She leant against the side and crossed her arms, "I didn't get you anything," she repeated.

Frank slipped the last pancake onto the plate and turned the gas off.

He turned and smiled at her. "There's one thing I would like.."

She looked up at him.

He touched her chin and his lips collided gently with hers.

It lasted a few moments,then he broke apart slightly and she looked into his eyes and smiled.

She leant back into his kiss and put her hand behind his back,pulling him against her.

Suddenly the door clicked open and they couldn't help but jump apart. Erin put a hand to her mouth.

Gee grinned annoingly, "Whoops, sorry for interrupting.."

"Pancakes!" shouted Frank suddenly and grabbed the plate.

Erin laughed. She took the plate from him and crossed the room to the sniggering lot on the sofa. Frank had managed to dissapear into a cupboard looking for plates.

"Beer and pancakes..yum." Erin said, and sat on the floor.

***

Loud music,flashing lights and too much to drink...again.

This time not alone..this time curled up on one of the small couches that run along the wall. Their fingers snaking,entwining,stroking..eyes dozily closed..soft sleepy kisses. Erin finally pulled gently away and leant her forhead against his.

"SPLIFF!" shouted a staggery figure that came up to them. Frank and Erin looked up alarmed, and then realised it was only Gee.

"GENIUS!!" Gee shouted again, and then ambled off into Roberts arms who was laughing without reason. Erin grinned and adjusted her legs on franks lap then put her arms around his neck. "We should keep an eye on them.." she whispered. Frank slowly nodded and then turned slightly to look at the collapsed figure of Ryan moaning on the couch next to them. Erin grinned. "He'll be ok.." she put a hand on Franks cheek and turned him back to her. Their lips met again and their tongues chased, from rough to sleek..rough to sleek..

A few minutes later Erin staggered through the crowd,in search of Gee..and Michael..or Robert, whoever she found first. Frank had said he'd go the other way. All the people looked the same to her..all couples looked the same..she went round the room,until a hand grabbed hold of her arm. Erin spund round. A big tall man grinned nastily down at her. Erin felt dread rush through her, this couldn't be happening again..

"Hey lovely.." he grunted,not letting go.

"Let go.." Erin tried jerking the hand off her.

"You got a boyfriend then?" the hand tightened.

"Yes..now let go." she tugged.

"OI YOU! LETT'ER GO!"

The big man was shoved by the still staggering Gee. The man let go not expecting the jolt. He peered for a moment at Gee and then growled back.

"What the fuck do you want,eh?" the man shoved Gee in the chest, who stumbled and was caught by another short figure, who, in the darkness, Erin soon recognised to be Frank. But Gee seemed unimpressed by the push and drew him self up.

"DO...YOU WANT...TO MAKE SUMFINK...OVVIT?" he shouted back.

"Gee..just drop it.." Erin heard Frank say as he pulled him back by the arm. The big man turned to Frank.

"Hang on a minuite.." he took a step towards Frank. A few people had stopped dancing and had turned to watch the scene. "..you're the little cunt from last week aren't you?"

Frank took a step back, not expecting to meet Erins agressors again. There was a wail and a fist collided with the big man who seemed to stumble, but threw himself back onto his attacker. Erin put a hand to her mouth. A tangle of bodies lay on the floor, fists colliding with grunts. At this point everyone had their eyes on the fight, and apparently the bodyguards had noticed as well. Three even bigger men in suits shoved themselves towards the tangle and heaved them up, dragging them through the crowd and towards the exit. Erin stumbled quickly through the crowd that had now gathered thickly around the spot, towards the couches. Ryan was still lying across them. She tryed pulling him up a few times, and finally got his arm around her neck. She heaved and cursed at Ryan, who seemed to half wake up and leant on her, mumbling back.

"Come on boy.." whispered Erin. Ryan grunted and followed as she slowly dragged him out towards the exit.
bit short this one :S next one'll be longer,no worries ;)