Six Days, Sixteen Hours

visit

Frank could hear running water. Then he felt heat. And then he painfully forced his eyes open.

The ceiling was blurry. He blinked until he thought it was as clear as it could get. Breathing deeply he sat up and observed his surroundings. It was Gees bedroom, and sure enough Gee was lying on his stomach next to him, grunting at intervals. He looked around. Yes it was gees room, and on the sofa in front of him Robert lay slumped on his back, an arm dangling onto the floor. Frank brought a hand to his face and found his cheek slightly swollen and painful. He slid out from under the covers and staggered to the kitchen,strangely finding himself only in his underwear,but feeling his throat painfully dry. He found Ryan sleeping on the sofa, his mouth open and drooling slightly, and next to him lying on his stomach, Michael. Frank shook his head and opened the fridge. He took out the milk carton and gulped down.

"'Mornin darlin'."

Frank spluttered milk onto the floor and caused Ryan to turn over and groan. Erin stood in the doorway to Gees bedroom, her hair dark and wet, dripping onto the towel she held around herself. She grinned at him and sniggered. Frank scowled and wiped the milk off his mouth. "shit, you didn't half make me jump.."

Erin laughed again and went back into Gees bedroom. Frank put the carton back and followed her through. She picked up a t-shirt that she thought was Gees, and observed it's cleanliness. She shivered as she felt Franks arms snake round her waist from behind. She leant her head back onto his shoulder and he nuzzled her neck.

"Hello there,my little vampire.." She dropped the shirt and turned to face him, they leant close and she traced his hurt face softly with a finger.

"..Quite a shiner." she grinned.

"A shiner.." he laughed. "It does feel swollen.."

"I put some ice on it last night..after having dragged you all back.."

"You did?" he smiled,half suprised.

"Indeed.." she smiled back. Frank leaned closer and kissed her lightly. They looked at each other again.

"So what happened last night?" he asked leaning his forhead against hers.

"You and Gee,and somehow Robert, had a punch up with some guy..Ryan collapsed..thankfully Micheal was there and sober enough to help me load you lot into the car.."

"Sounds like quite a night.." he grinned. "Are Gee and Robert ok..?"

"Yeah yeah..you were the only one knocked out cold,funnily enough...Gee was still slurring insults at the big guy when we drove off."

Frank laughed and kissed her again.

"I should get dressed.." she whispered.

"Noo.." frank groaned and kissed her again. "I like what your wearing." he grinned.

Erin made a mock-shocked face and pushed him away.

Frank threw his head back,sighed and went to look in the bathroom mirror at his face. He had a dark mark under his eye, and a small cut across his cheek. He touched it carefully.

"Could be worse.." Erin came in, wearing a green t-shirt with a black monkey on it, tying her hair.

"Hey,that's mine!" said Frank turning to look at her.

Erin shrugged. "found it on the floor..looked relatively clean." Frank turned and put his arms around his waist.

"Mm..I should take it back.." he grinned.

"Haha..no,mine now.."

He ran his hands up her back and under the t-shirt,slowly lifting it. she laughed. "Hey,come on, not here..there's the guys through there.."

Frank continued,gently pulling it up. "Hey hey, you're tickling..come on.." Erin laughed again..

"Guys, please.." came a grumble from the doorway. They both looked round, to an obviously shaken Robert, rubbing his eyes.

"..I need to take a piss.."

Erin snorted and took franks hand. "sorry Rob," she grinned and tugged Frank with her.

They sat on the bed, Gee still unconscious on the other side.

"Want some breakfast?" Frank asked. Before Erin could answer there was a buzzing. She looked round. Her new phone was slowly making it's way across the floor as it vibrated. She leant down to pick it up, and sighed when she saw the name flashing on the display.

"Where the fuck are you two??"

"Uhh..hello Val."

"Well? you realise what time it is? and you haven't been home since yesterday morning!"

"I'm sorry, didn't you two break up? for unknown reasons too."

"Yeah well..I came to clear it all up."

"So what did he do?"

"He forgot my birthday."

"Oh..I didn't."

"I know you didn't. I'm not mad at you."

"Right. Well listen we're over at some friends.." She glanced at frank who raised his eyebrows.

"Some friends? what friends?"

"I met them a few days ago.."

"So you don't actually know them."

"Of course I do! listen I'll explain later,I'll wake up Ryan and we'll leave now." frank shook her shoulder.

"What do you mean, wake up Ryan?? he's still sleeping?"

"Yes."

"Bloody hell."

"Yes."

"Don't you dare,I'm coming to look at the damage. And don't hide all the evidence before I get there."

"Haha."

"Adress?"

Erin gave her the adress. Val hung up.

"This is going to be fun." Erin said and boggled her eyes.

Frank stood up and took her hand. "Come on. Breakfast."

It was soon obvious that the only think Frank could cook were pancakes. So they did. Robert joined them soon after.

"Shall I wake 'em?" he said,poking Micheal with his foot. Micheal groaned and rolled over.

"Roooooooob.." he moaned.

"Haha. One's up. Two to go." said Robert, and disappeared into the other room.

Frank shook his head and carried on with his pancakes. Erin crossed the room and sat on the arm of the sofa. She looked at Ryan who was still drooling. She prodded his arm.

"Ryan..Ryan..come on darlin'.." she whispered.

He grunted and snapped his mouth shut.

She whispered to him again,prodding him harder.

His eyes very slowly blinked open, but in seeing her he groaned again and rolled onto the floor with a thump on top of michael who was still trying to wake up.

There were more groans and a shout from michael to 'get the fuck off'. After some struggle they were both more or less up,leaning against the side of the sofa. Erin sat down next to them.

"I thought it kinder to warn you of the imminent catastrophe in advance." She said to Ryan.

"What?" he mumbled, his face in his hands.

"Val. She's coming to, and here I quote her, 'clear it all up'."

Ryan moaned for the thousandth time from the palms of his hands. "That means shout at me until I own up."

"Is it true you forgot her birthday?"

"Of course it isn't. I planned her a whole suprise party and everything, so at first she'd be really mad and then she'd be gobsmacked at my genius mind.."

"I wasn't invited to this party."

"that's because it all flopped. And you disappeared those few days.. The decoration stuff I'd ordered never arrived, the Italian place I was getting the pizzas from was closed,and I forgot her present on the bus on my way back home."

"Oh."

"So before I could reorganize another one for the night after maybe, she went mental."

"I'm sure she did."

"Yes, and I didn't want to tell her about the party because I was hoping it could still work.."

"But it didn't."

"No."

"Ah well, you'll just have to explain it to her today."

Ryan rubbed his eyes. Frank then sat down with them, all four lined up on the floor, leaning against the old sofa. He offered them a big plate.

"Pancakes?"

They all looked at him for a few moments.

"Why not."

"Go on then."

"Yeah sure.."

He grinned at them.

There was a sudden banging at the front door. They looked at each other. "that'll be her.." groaned Ryan.

***

Only a few hours later, Erin closed the door with relief and a click. The silence was welcomed by everyone after the noisy departure of Ryan and Val.

She crossed the hall and slumped down next to Frank again.

"Well.." she sighed.

"Well indeed," repeated Robert, and heaved himself up from the floor. "I'm off to Becca's, I'll see you all later.."

The remaining four said goodbye to Robert too.

"I think we'll have to do something for Val's birthday now.."

"After all that.." agreed Gee.

"I think we should let her know in advance this time.." said Micheal.

"I wouldnt want to be the next Ryan.." nodded Frank.

"Ok then, we'll get something together for tomorrow, a pizza night or something.." said Erin.

"We don't really even know her," pointed out Gee.

"I know guys, but just give me a hand for this,please.." she glanced around, they mumbled agreement. "Great,I'm off to call Julie." She got up and headed to the bedroom where she'd left her mobile.

Gee turned to Frank.

"So who was that guy we beat up last night? we beat up someone,right?.." he rubbed his eyes. "I can't remember anything.."

"Oh, he, er.." Gee and Michael blinked at him.

"I get it," said Michael grinning, "just random guy, Gee must of wound him up.."

Gee scratched his head, "Hmm,I spose..I don't know why,I had the impression you knew eachother.."

"Well,he..when I first met Erin,let's say she was unconscious and being dragged off by these two guys..so I felt something wasn't right,and I followed them.."

"They could of just been friends.." michael said, but his eyebrows were raised.

"No, I heard them talk.."

"And what did you do?.."

"Well,I socked one in the nose,and then this group of kids came out, and I guess they thought it wasn't worth it.."

Micheal and Gee sat for a few moments,oviously not expecting something like this.

"And that was one of them,last night? god, I hope I broke his jaw." said Gee,rubbing his still sore knuckles.

A soft voice spoke behind him. "I hope so,too.."

Erin stood in the doorway,frowning at them.

There was a short silence.

"Well er..me too." mumbled Michael.