A Daydream Spills From My Corked Head

Chapter 4

The lights went out. There were a few screams from the crowd, anxious for the band to appear on stage. A faint sound of a guitar played and instantly, the spot light was on Brendon Urie.

Lauren screamed. I don't ever think I've heard her scream this loud since she made me kill a spider that she saw in the shower once. I clapped. Soon, the rest of the band slowly appearded on stage. This time, I screamed.

"Hello Skyline City! We're Panic at the Disco. Hope you enjoy the show." Brendon announced. The crowd went crazy.

The band started out with "We're So Starving" going right into "Nine in the Afternoon." The whole time I was singing along. I was completely unaware how close other fans had gotten to the front. I took a peek over my shoulder. A huge girl with pitch black hair was breathing down my neck. She seemed about fifteen. But there was no way I was letting her passed me. This spot was mine.

About half way through "Northern Downpour", my favorite song, I felt someone push me forward. I hit the barrier that stopped out-of-control fans from touching the band. I turned around to see the same girl that was behind me.

"What are you doing?" I yelled.

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm trying to touch Ryan Ross' hand." her voice was deep, deeper than a girl's voice should. I started to wonder if she was really a man, but I kept quiet.

"Well, I was here first, you'll get your chance again. Just not now." I said.

The person's face suddenly turned angry.

"Get the fuck out of my..." was all I heard. Everything went black.

-x-

My head hurt like a mofo. So did my stomach, it felt like somebody had been standing on me. I heard a bunch of voices, but I didn't open my eyes.

"Sam? Are you okay?" It was Lauren.

"She looks dead." said another voice. I didn't recognize that one.

"Shut up, she'll be fine." another unfamilar voice.

What was going on? I opened my eyes. There were way too many lights, so I shut them. Still curious, I slightly opened them again, squinting. I saw five figures crowded around me. One of them was Lauren. I couldn't make out the rest.

"She's alive!" one shouted.

"I told you, dumbass." the same unfamilar voice.

My eyes had gotten used to the light by now. So I opened my eyes fully this time. Everything was blurry. As my vision cleared, my jaw dropped.

Lauren stood in front of me with the four members of Panic at the Disco behind her. All eyes were on me. I must be dreaming I thought. This wasn't happening. Why would Panic be using their attention on me?

"What's going on here?" I mumbled, rubbing my head.

"Well, uh, you sort of. . . got knocked out. " Lauren said.

"We stopped the show instantly. The girl who hit you looked pretty tough. I had security take you backstage to get you away from the girl. We put you back here so we could finish our show." Lauren explained.

"How's your head?" Ryan asked, smilling.

I nearly fainted. Ryan Ross was talking to me. My heart was pounding so loud in my chest, I'm surprised everyone around me couldn't hear it.

"My head. . . it hurts." I laughed.

Brendon's voice startled me, "Just keep some ice on it and you'll be fine." I jumped. He noticed. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." He smiled.

"That's alright. I just can't believe this is happened." I said.

They all laughed. Ryan stood up and walked over to the couch I was sitting on. "Well, you better believe it. We are as real as it gets," he joked patting my back and taking a seat next to me. I smiled.

"Hey Lauren, Sam, do you guys wanna go get a bite to eat or something?" Jon asked, changing the subject.

"I hear IHOP is still open. Who's up for some mother truckin' flapjacks?" Spencer said.

"Hey Spence, spell IHOP and then say ness at the end." said Ryan.

"I - H - O -. . .P. . . ness. . ."Spencer said slowly.

The group burst into laughter. A confused look appeared on Spencer's face. "I don't get it! . . . oh. You guys suck." he said turning red.

"I'm hungry, pancakes do sound good right now." Lauren said. I nodded my head in agreement.

"Okay then, let's go!" Brendon yelled, jumping up. We all stood up and followed Brendon out towards their tour bus.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 4. Let me know what you think.

(:

Comments?