A Daydream Spills From My Corked Head

Chapter 6

Back on the bus, the boys returned to their usual spots. I did the same, sliding into the table next to Ryan. The Xbox was up and running again. Lauren plopped down next to Brendon 'ooo-ing' and 'aww-ing' everytime he would make something explode.

I rolled my eyes. She wasn't really interested in the game. Or. . . was she? Oh well, not my problem.

"So what do you want to talk about?" Ryan asked.

"I'm open to any and all topics," I said.

"Wow. You're in the same room with your favorite band. Any girl's dream. And you have nothing you want to talk about? Nothing you want to find out?"

"Hmm. . . not really. . ." I thought, " I don't want to freak you out."

He laughed, "Of course you won't. So what's the question?"

I hesitated. "How do you come up with the lyrics to the songs? They're unbelievably good."

"Personal experiences I guess." he shrugged.

I smacked myself in the head. What a stupid question. I sounded like a huge obsessed Panic teenie. What a loser.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"That was just a stupid question is all. I sound like the media. But the lyrics are actually quite interesting. What am I saying? I'll shut up now. . ." I said. My mouth was like the Hoover Dam had just cracked. My words were like the rushing water escaping through the cracks.

He laughed again, quietly. This made me extremely nervous.

"Don't worry. You're fine. If you really want to know some of the stories behind the lyrics, then I have no problem telling you," he smiled.

I just nodded.

"What's going on over there, Ross?" Jon yelled.

"Oh nothing. Sam's just having the typical fan freakout," he called back, chuckling. The whole bus burst into laughter. I sunk lower into the booth.

"Come on, Sam, we're just messing with you. No hard feelings?" Ryan attempted to apologize. Well, atleast he tried, although it wasn't the best.

"Fine," I accepted. He smiled again.

"I'm hungry," Brendon said, standing up and stretching.

"We just ate like ten minutes ago!" Lauren blurted out.

"I know. My stomach is like a black hole. I'm never full. Always hungry." replied Brendon, winking at her. She swooned.

He walked over to their mini-fridge, pulling out a hot pocket and a capri sun. He threw the hot pocket into the microwave. Brendon came over and stood in front of the table.

"So, Sam, any plans tonight?" he smiled.

I glanced at my phone. It was eight o'clock.

"Well, judging by the fact that it's eight, it's already 'tonight'." I corrected.

"But. . .w . . .psh. Okay, then what are you doing later?"

I hadn't realized what time it was. I didn't have anything to do tonight anyway. Neither did Lauren.

"Nothing at all."

"You guys should stick around and hang out then. We might invite a few people over. It'll be fun. Besides, if Ryan didn't end up saving your ass, we'd probably had never gotten to meet two pretty cool girls."

"I agree" the rest of the band added.

I smiled. Lauren just about fainted. A wave of heat suddenly hit my cheeks. I turned away as quick as I could.

"Aww. Sam's blushing," Ryan teased.

I spun aruond. "I am not!" I shouted, still grinning. It was obvious I was lying. My cheeks were as red as tomatoes. Ryan laughed. I slid even lower into the booth.

Ryan slid out of the booth and walked over to the mini-fridge. He grabbed a green tea and came back over, still silently chuckling to himself. Instead of giong back on his side of the table, he slid in next to me, pushing me over to the wall. I was trapped. It's not like I didn't want to run away from Ryan. The whole situation was just awkward. I wasn't used to awkwardness.

"So what do you say?" Brendon asked again, getting back on track, "you guys wanna stay and hangout? We'll probably just play some games and maybe go egg shit."

I looked at Lauren. Her eyes were filled with anxiety. I could read her like a book; she was begging me to stay.

"Eh, sure, why not." I agreed. One night with Panic couldn't hurt. Besides, I don't have much of a life anyway. This should be fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't updated in a really really really long time.
But here it is.

Tell me what you think.
Or comment with ideas.
I'm starting to develop writer's block.
d:

I'll update again soon.