A Complete and Utter Disaster

We're Psychotic, and It's Official

“Okay. Be careful.” she told him. She whispered it softly, but made it loud enough for him to hear. “Easy now. Okay.... okay.” she watched him with great anticipation. Her eyes were wide with curiosity.

“Right there?” he asked. His hands shook.

“Yeah. Right there.” she smiled. “Don’t look so nervous. No need to be shaking.”

“It’s your first time though, right?” he asked. He looked right into her eyes from where she was under him.

“Of course it’s my first time!” she stated. “What do you think I am?”

He laughed. “I was joking.”

“Now’s not the time to joke.” she rolled her eyes at him.

“Fine.” he was silent for a moment. And only a moment. “What do I do now?”

She threw open the package and handed him what he needed. “Put this on.” she looked away as she did this, a little embarrassed and red with stress.

He looked at what she handed him and played with it with his fingers. He moved his hands around, trying to figure out the mystery of this.... this thing. “How?” he asked. He eyed it carefully and gave his first instinct a shot. “Like this?”

“Yeah.” she said. sighing out all of the red in her cheeks They went back to their usual light pink tint.. “Like that.”

There was silence between them.

“Good?” he asked, looking into her irises for approval.

Her eyes widened.

“No!” she practically screamed. “More to the left.”

He shifted it a little. “That better?”

“Ugh!” she groaned. “Let me do it!” she reached over and moved it herself. The touch made her hands immediately pull away. “Oh, gross. Why didn’t you tell me it was so cold, and so slimy?”

“It’s not cold, nor slimy.” he explained. She wasn’t listening at this point. She was too busy trying to stop a mistake from occurring.

“No! This isn’t right!”

“How’s it not right?”

“How’s it not right? I’m doing it exactly how the book and video told me.”

“Exactly like it said? Are you positive?”

“You’re being psychotic, again.”

“I’m sorry, I’m a perfectionist.”

“Can’t we try again?”

“No! We can’t!”

“Can’t we move on without it?”

She looked at him, her face full of terror. “Are you insane?”

He sighed, angrily. “Here. Let me do it.”

“No. You’ve done enough!”

He pushed her aside and tried to move it himself. “To the right!” she yelled. “It’s getting everywhere!” He told her to stop pressuring him. This did not work, and they spent the next two minutes screaming at the top of their lungs.

“Look what you’ve done!” She crossed her arms. “Now, what are we gonna do?”

He remained quiet, mulling in thought. “It’s not that bad.”

“Not that bad? Really, Frankie? Not that bad?!” she threw her arms up in the air as a surrender to the world. “This is terrible!”

He watched her for a moment as she turned around to face him. “I’m gonna fail!” she yelled. She looked at the mess, discouraged. He smiled a little and looked at the chaos they created as well.

“Shh. Sakura...” he cooed, wrapping his arms around her apron dawned waist and kissing the top of her head. He smiled into her hair to make her relax. “Calm down, love.” He rocked her back and forth in his arms. “We’ll make another, okay?”

She shook her head. “It’s not about that.” she told. “It’s the fact I couldn’t even do this right.”

He laughed a little, looking at the mess again. He eventually just cracked into hysterics. He calmed himself down after a moment of a blank stare from his best friend. “Love...” he chuckled out the last giggle. She looked at him curiously.

“Love, it’s just a pie!”