I Don't Care if the Necklace Fits! I'd Rather Not be Kidnapped by Immortals!

Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

I stared at the gorgeous necklaces in awe. They were so beautiful. Nuri had shown me to a room where the necklaces of all the suns were. They were all so gorgeous. Every one of them having a letter. The one I was looking at was a D. It was a Jewish star and a sapphire blue D right on it. The necklace was made of gold. 20 karat. It was so beautiful.

“There are four Vs for you to look at. The letter will always be the first letter of your first name. That’s just how it works.” He explained, walking down the aisles of jewelry. He continued walking and stopped in front of one of the many glass cases.

“One of these are yours. Here is the first one.” He said, pulling a V necklace out. I walked to where he stood. The necklace was gorgeous. The chain was very pretty. It was made of diamond and gold. The shape was a square and the letter V was on top of the square. I debated on what the mineral could be. It was a stunning jet black crystal that I couldn’t put a name to. The necklace was beautiful .The square was gold.

“They’re so beautiful. All of them, I mean. How much did these all cost you guys?” I asked. Nuri smiled.

“I didn’t think this served the Ultimate Sun justice. This was one of the better looking ones of the four. But we didn’t buy these. They were found in the three dimensions. There are still more in the demon world. The angel world is where the majority of these came from. This is one of the few that were retrieved from the demon world. There are hundreds of necklaces in this room. The ones from the demon world always being the most beautiful. I don’t know why.” He explained. I nodded. He pulled out another necklace.

This necklace was made of pink pearls. How, I would ponder on that for a long time. It was so pretty. The pendant was a large pearl with the letter V in this one too. This necklace was pretty, but it deff wasn’t mine. I shook my head. Nuri nodded.

“I knew for a fact this wouldn’t be yours either. This was one found in the angel world.” I nodded. It didn’t look that special.

He pulled out the third of the four V necklaces and I gasped. It was gorgeous. It was me. The necklace he had in his hand was mine. I knew it the moment I laid my green-gray eyes upon it. The chain was a pattern of silver vines. It looked like it would fall down to the middle of my chest. The pendant was a silver shield shape. The letter was done in the most gorgeous shade of red I’d yet to see. It was without a doubt alexandrite. There were little chains hanging from the shield and little gems of alexandrite at the ends of them. This necklace was mine.

“That’s it. That’s my necklace.” I stated. I could feel Nuri smile upon me but I couldn’t take my eyes off of the necklace. It was so stunningly amazing.

“This is another from the demon world. I pondered over whether this necklace could be yours or not for a while. It’s one of the nicest in this room. But not the best. The best one is in the letter A. The first sun got that necklace. She’s living with the demon she fell in love with a few centuries ago. Her children have all grown. Her name was Alice, if I’m not mistaken. Her youngest daughter found this necklace in the demon world, in fact. The girl’s name was… May. I think. I’m not quite sure. She figured that it was a sun’s necklace and was very familiar with this group of vampires who had long ago captured her mother as you were captured. She brought it back here and then fell in love with Ari. Poor girl…” he muttered the last part under his breath. This sparked my interest.

“What happened to May after she and Ari fell in love?” I asked. I had to know.

“She went to visit her brother in the demon world one day and got killed. That’s how things are in that world. Nobody is at peace with anyone except vampires. That’s usually. Sometimes the demons are angered with the vampires because they interfere with all types, mortal and immortal alike. Ari was devastated for a century. That’s why he’s the only one that isn’t constantly flirting with you. He knows what it’s like to lose his love. It wasn’t pretty, according to Kavan.” He explained.

“Poor Ari,” I stated, looking down to my socked foot. It was a pity. His only love left to see her brother and never came back. I pondered. If she didn’t come back, did he assume that she’d left him for a demon? If so, for how long?

“Yes, poor Ari, indeed. Now let’s get back on topic. This is your necklace and you’re to wear it at all times. Unless you want them to read your mind…” Nuri trailed off. I eagerly grabbed the necklace. At the touch, I could feel every cell in my body being at attention. I could probably run at the same speed as one of the vampires here with this thing. I hope so, anyway.

“This necklace will give you powers unlike that of any immortal creature you’ve yet to see. Every sun has a certain power that no other sun will have. I’ve not a clue as to what your power could be, seeing as you’re the Ultimate Sun. But one of the best powers I’ve seen a sun have was elemental control. That’s only one of the best, though. I remember Kayne told me of one of the suns that could control an angel’s mind. Kayne is centuries older than I, so I wasn’t alive at this time.” He continued on with nonsense of how suns have special powers and blah blebedy blah blah! It was interesting at first, but now it was just plain out annoying. Really, I don’t care about some girl who could make Nuri fuck her if she wanted to. I don’t care about his sex life! Jeeze.

“NURI I DON’T CARE ABOUT YOUR SEX LIFE!” I proclaimed. He stared at me as if I were an idiot. Well, at least I felt like one at that point. Suddenly he smirked.

“The only reason you don’t care is because you’re not involved in it. I mean, really, how could you get this? It’ll never happen. You can beg all you want.” Now that was the Nuri I know and hate! I rolled my eyes.

“Really? Ew. You’re disgusting. You probably have sex with monkeys every night. Is that why I hear monkey screams from your room every night? Because I always wondered…” I said, smiling. Nuri frowned. I laughed.

“I have no come-back to that.” He stated.

“I KNEW IT WAS TRUE!” I screamed. This was hysterical!

“Shut up, Victrivia, or so help me, I will… I’ll….” He paused and pondered on what he could do,

“What will you do?” I questioned, waiting for his answer. He didn’t say anything in return.

“Yeah, that’s what I thought.” I said, ripping the necklace from his fingers and turning to walk away, swaying my hips slightly as I put it on, knowing fully well that nobody could read my mind.

Good. Freaking immortals can no longer read my thoughts. They’re private again. It’s so good to know that I’ll never have to worry about them hearing what I think while wearing this necklace.

As I clasped the necklace around my neck, I felt an adrenaline rush pulse through my veins. It felt damn good. I loved the feeling. With every step I took, it felt as if all eyes were on me and I loved it. Usually I would shy away from that much attention. But this was amazing. I could probably actually hurt Kavan if I decided to punch him in the gut right now.

“I see you’ve found your necklace.” Ari said as I turned another corner.

“Yup. That obvious?” I questioned. Maybe the change inside of me wasn’t just on the inside.

“You’re practically glowing when you walk down the hall. It’s nearly impossible to miss you. Swinging your hips and flipping your hair like those lifeguards on TV.” He said.

“I was flipping my hair, too?” I asked sarcastically. He smiled, slightly at my joke.

“How long have you had it on, anyhow? Eventually you stumble upon your gift.” He explained.

“Well I’ve only had it on for a good three minutes, actually. But I totally love having private thoughts again.” I replied, smiling. He grinned.

“You should. It was great, being naïve. Thinking that your thoughts were something that were only shared with yourself. But then after I was turned and my ignorance came to an end, the bliss ended. I guess I’ve come to get used to it. That doesn’t sound like a good thing, though…” He rambled. I smiled at him

“So at one point, you were exactly like me?” I asked. He nodded, grinning.

“Well when do these immortal boys try to come at me like I’m a piece of mean, anyways? I’d like to know so that I can practice the knee to groin motion.” I stated. His grin changed to a smile and I returned it.

“Actually, it’s already started. Did you not notice how almost every man in this house is drawn to you in some way or another?” He pointed out. I thought on the statement.

“I did, actually. I think I’ve kissed everyone at least once… Save for Nuri. Almost happened, but I saved myself.” I agreed. I notice his eyes twitch in disappointment and his smile faded. He covered his eyes back up with false happiness. I could tell it was false, because otherwise he would still be smiling.

“Exactly,” he replied. His voice didn’t crack or twitch but I heard the twinge of disappointment in it. There was no deceiving me, but he continued on with his fake happiness until he excused himself and left me to myself. Jeeze, was I really that much of a catch?

My mind wandered back to May. Oh, maybe that was why he was down. Maybe I’d sparked some memory of him and her. I would assume that the pain still hurt. Knowing he would never see his only love again. That probably made it worse. I almost felt like I should go and console him, but then I remembered that he didn’t know I knew about her, and decided against it. This was his own private life, and I would stay out of it. I wasn’t about to poke my nose where it doesn’t belong.

On that thought I decided to go find Kayne and pester him about going to the mall the buy me the new clothes I would need. Obviously, I wasn’t going anywhere with the new necklace and the entire immortal kind resting in my hands. It should be safe for him to let me out of the house in into the public at this point. I decided to start my search for Kayne in the kitchen. There I found Kavan, writing something down on a notebook.

My thoughts of the mall vanished at this. Vampire plus notebook equals something worth my time. I wanted to know what he was writing or drawing or whatever he was doing. I walked behind him and he flipped the notebook over and turned to me. I frowned in disappointment but decided against asking what he was writing. Too nosey and it was pretty obvious that he didn’t want me knowing what was there.

“What’s on your mind?” He asked, his violet eyes peering up at me in curiosity.

“I wanted to go to the mall and I was looking for Kavan but I couldn’t find him. So I decided to bug you about it instead!” I exclaimed happily. He half smiled.

“I have to finish this. But afterwards, we’ll go. Okay?” He agreed. I grinned and skipped off merrily. I walked up the bedroom I’d been staying in and pulled eyeliner from my purse. I applied it thick on top and bottom and noted my eye color today: bright green. Looks like I was going with bright green eye shadow. After that, I threw on some clear vanilla gloss and was ready to go.

I skipped down the stairs and saw Kayne with keys in his hand at the front door.

“Now before we go, I need you to promise me that you will not run off and you’ll let me pay for everything you decide to buy. Can you do that for me?” he questioned. I flashed him my million-dollar smile.

“If you’re paying for everything I buy and you carry my bags, I can promise you that I will not run off unless I see Kay or Ray at this mall. Deal?” I asked putting out my hand for him to shake it.

“No deal. Absolutely no running off at all. I don’t care if your best friends are there or not. You do not leave my sight unless you are in the bathroom.” He argued. I glared at him.

“Fine, but you’re not coming into the fitting rooms. You’re not that lucky. And if I see Kay or Ray at this mall, I do not care what you say, I’m running up to them and giving them the biggest hug of their lives. There is no compromise to giving my best friend a hug.” I demanded. He sighed, but took my hand for the deal.

At the mall…

So I’d already bought necklaces, half my new wardrobe, three pairs of new shoes, three sunglasses, a new purse, a wallet, socks, five sets of panties, four bras, eight barrettes, two rings, and I was working on getting him to buy me a cell phone.

“Come on, Kayne! Please! I just want a camera phone with a keyboard! You came here with ten thousand dollars, anyway! You said that you would pay for everything I bought and carry my bags as long as I didn’t run off. You’re not being true to your deal!” I complained. He was carrying seventeen bags right now. A lot of them were little bags that he’d thrown into big bags, though. If you didn’t count that, he was carrying nine.

“Triv, I’ve spent seven hundred dollars on you. You’re well on your way to one thousand. You said that you were only halfway done, too. That makes it even worse! I can honestly say that I might need to go to the car and put these bags in the trunk so I can carry all of them.” He pointed out.

“Well you were the one that said you’d pay for everything. That’s your fault. And you have ten THOUSAND dollars! That’s insane!” I exclaimed.

“I don’t care. I’m not buying you a new phone.” He insisted. I sighed, knowing I was going to have to persuade him the slutty way. I stopped and got really close to him, looking him straight into his violet eyes. I heard his breath get caught in his throat.

“Pleeeease, Kayne?” I begged, using my best puppy face. His face twisted in pain and he groaned.

“Fine. But I get your number and if you leave the house we can get ahold of you with that phone at all times! Got it?” He demanded. I yelped in joy and gave him the biggest hug I’ve yet to give.

“OHMIGAH! Thank you so so so so SO much, Kayne! You won’t regret it, I SWEAR!” I exclaimed happily, kissing him on the cheek. I let go of him and skipped merrily down to the verizon booth. I looked around. I saw krzrs, rzrs, LGs, but then I saw the phone that I wanted.

“That is going to be my phone!” I exclaimed to Kayne, pointing to a cute little blue phone, no bigger than a deck of cards, and it had a keyboard slide out of it. It was adorable. It had a camera on it. The worker in the booth walked over to Kayne and I as we inspected the cute little phone.

“That’s the Blitz. It’s stereo Bluetooth capable. Meaning you can listen to your favorite music if you want. It’s got a 1.3 megapixel camera. Not to mention, it’s got internet connection with the two year contract.” The worker stated. I grinned and looked toward Kayne.

“Name the price.” He said. The worker almost frowned.

“The actually phone is sixty-nine ninety-nine. If you add on the fifty dollars for the two year contract, it’s one nineteen ninety-nine. But there’s also the month to month contract and the one year contract. So what do you think?” I glanced at the nametag. The man’s name was Paul.

“How much for the month-to-month?” Kayne questioned.

“Two forty.” Paul replied. He nodded expectantly.

“We’ll take it,” He stated, pulling three hundred from his wallet. The man took the money and handed a fifty and a ten back to Kayne. Paul packed up the Blitz, a charger, dialed a phone number and babbled to some insurance company. I really didn’t pay attention when Kayne and Paul were discussing the insurance policy. It just proved that Kayne didn’t think I would be able to keep this phone. Well I was going to show him! My Blitz would be my baby for the next year. I know it would. I wouldn’t let a soul touch it, other than myself. I would dive into a tank of sharks to make sure my baby wouldn’t get harmed.

This phone was going to be my baby. And if Kayne or anybody thought they were going to take my baby from me, they were dead wrong. I would pull a Houdini on them and use my freaky deaky necklace to torture them for touching my Blitz. Oh yes. In all honesty, I would have fun doing it, too. I know I’m a freak. You don’t have to tell me twice.
♠ ♠ ♠
so apparently, there's something wrong with my story, and I still can't figure out what. It's been months since I've updated on here, and i have nothing to do, so I decided to come onto here and update this. GAH.
Mibba is kind of making me mad lately. I get el zippo comments and then every time I come onto here, there's that little thing on the top, telling me that my story isn't following the guidelines.>:|
whatevs. comments? I feel like updating to my most recently updated chapter on quizilla, but we'll see how far that gets -_-
-molly.