I Don't Care if the Necklace Fits! I'd Rather Not be Kidnapped by Immortals!

Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

So after buying my oh-so-amazing Blitz, I was starving. So Kayne pulled his cell out and called one of the guys telling them that this trip to the mall might be a little longer than expected. I don’t know. It was really boring, in all honesty. The phone call, anyway. After he put his phone away and turned to me. We walked to the food court and there were shops everywhere.

“I’m in heaven.” I said in awe. Kayne chuckled at my love for food and watched as I debated over whether to go with Chinese or pizza.

“Okay, help me here. I love Chinese and I heard that they’re giving out fortune cookies with your meal though. But I’ve been dying for some pizza because they give out a free mini breadstick with garlic on it with any pizza. But then I could also get a soft pretzel that’s buttered down and covered with salt…. So buttery…” I trailed off and Kayne laughed as I began to drool.

“You have some serious problems, my friend.” He pointed out, wiping some spit from the side of my mouth. I whapped his hand away and wiped it off with my arm.

“Shut up. I think I’ll get all three and get an ice cream from dairy queen too…” I decided. I checked to see which line was shortest. Pizza. I got into line and looked at my feet. It was still a pretty long line. Why does pizza have to be the favorite food in America? Really. It’s such a pain.

“VICTRIVIA AMORETTE AMBROSINE, GET YOUR SKINNY LITTLE ASS OVER HERE AND HUG ME RIGHT NOW!” I heard an all too familiar voice demand. My head jerked up, for I’d been dying to hear that voice for the longest time.

“KAYLYNNE!” I screamed at the top of my lungs, running to her.

“Triv, come back here!” Kayne exclaimed, confused by the occurrence.

Kay enveloped me into the biggest hug I’d ever received and squealed into my ear.

“Triv, everybody everywhere has been trying to find you. Even cops have started to give up on looking for you. Where have you been and who is that cute boy over there that’s looking really pissed off because you left?” she went on.

“That’s Kayne. He’s got a stick up his ass because I wasn’t supposed to leave his sight. BUT TECHNICALLY I’M NOT OUT OF HIS SIGHT!” I screamed the last part, “and I’ve got a phone now. They cut me off from the outside world and I wish I could tell you the rest but these guys have a weird thing about them that they just know when I disobey them,” I explained, remembering that if I were to tell her, Kayne would simply read her mind and know.

“Okay well you never told me where you were. And is he like, your pack mule or something? I ask because he’s got like nine bags in his hands and the biggest one is from Victoria’s Secret and unless he really likes lip gloss and sprays, I doubt they’re his.” She pointed out. I laughed.

“Yeah, he’s holding them for me. He paid for all of it, too! He demanded that he paid and when I said that I wouldn’t run off as long as long as he carried my bags, he agreed. But no fitting rooms or bathrooms was part of the deal. Dude, I know he’s cute though. They’re all adorable. Seriously, you probably would have been the biggest slut down there. There are four of them. Kayne, who is the one here, Nuri, Ari, and Kavan. Kavan was at the party we were at the night I disappeared.”

“Dude, the things I would do to that boy… Anyways, I’m amazed that he walks around holding your bags for you and buying everything for you. Like, seriously, if I would have seen you and didn’t know any better, I would have been like ‘WOOPISH!’ (AN: sound of whip.) seriously, you must have him whipped. And four hot boys. I can only imagine the struggle it’s been for you to keep your virginity in tact, child. Really. I mean this. Don’t think I’m lying.” She said. I laughed.

“I don’t know how long he’s going to let me stay with you, Kay. He might drag me away in a good ten minutes but if not—” I was cut off.

“Triv, it’s our turn in line and I have no idea what you want!” Kayne exclaimed.

“Did I call that or what?” I stated and turned back to him. “Two large pepperoni pizzas with a coke!”

“Piggy.” Kay teased. I grinned.

“You’re on to talk. If I’m a piggy, you’re a hog!” I proclaimed.

“Okay, okay. You have me there.” She pointed out. “But what I would love to know is why they’re practically holding you hostage? It would let me sleep better tonight if you told me that they aren’t going to harm you or hand you off to someone who will harm you. It would make me sleep like a baby tonight if I could go with you, or you could stay with me.”

“I don’t know why,” I led, “but I have a feeling they don’t want me to get hurt. Whether I’m falling down the stairs every other day or not—”

“You never were good with stairs.” She stated.

“You cut me off. But whether I’m falling every day or not, they may get a laugh out of my pain, but I don’t think they want me hurt. It’s important that I stay alive… or something like that.” I added in the last part to make myself sound unsure.

“What about me staying with you?” she questioned.

“I don’t think that would go along well with them. Really, I don’t. But I could try…” I turned back to where Kayne was. I walked over and began to fluff with his hair playfully.

“Kayne, what shampoo do you use? Your hair is so soft!” I commented.

“I don’t know. Whatever’s in the shower.” He replied absentmindedly.

“Oh. So if I were to change rooms and sleep with someone else… Who would I stay with?”

“You would pick from the three of us or the basement.”

“What would happen if some new fallen angel came to you guys and needed to stay with us?” I went on.

“He or she would stay with one of us. Unless he was extremely rude. Then he would get the basement.” He explained.

“Oh. So do you guys have any extra rooms?” I went on.

“On that thought, we probably could change around that study that we never use into a bedroom. There’s a second part to it, so if there ever were some other person that needed to stay with us for some reason, we could use that. And you would have to share a bathroom with him or her. I think I’ll call the guys. You know how fast we work, by the time we get back, they’ll be done moving the study things out.” He rambled.

“It’s settled then! Kay is staying with us. Otherwise when you guys are asleep I cut my wrists open and all immortality dies.” I bargained. It was a shot in the dark.

“No, Victrivia. Your friend can’t stay with us. Maybe once the room is finished. But we haven’t even started yet. Thinking on that, I think I’ll call them…” he pulled out his phone and set the bags on the floor. I walked back to where Kay stood, looking curious.

“No?”

“Maybe. They’re getting a room done and there’s so much extra space in it that we could fit two in there. So now he’s calling them to prepare it. So that means that once it’s finished, me and you meet back up here and become roommates!” I exclaimed joyously. Kay started dancing her little happy dance that she does when good things happen.

“YES!” She yelled, still dancing. I smiled at her childish response to our being roommates. It was always sort of a dream that wouldn’t usually come true, but it came true, nonetheless.

“So how much school have I missed, anyway?” I asked.

“A lot. You’re never going to catch up before the end of the school year. It’s April and you went missing in February. You have two months of work to catch up on.” She pointed out.

“Ohh, shit. They should understand. Maybe the guys will just let me and you switch over to cyber school. That way I’ll be able to get away with not doing any of the work we were supposed to do. And wherever I go, you go.” I went on.

“Well, I don’t want to talk about school. I want to design my own room. Did I tell you about my college plans yet?”

“No, you didn’t. I always assumed that you were undecided about what you wanted to do once we were out of high school.”

“I want to go to an art institution for a few years and hopefully become an interior designer afterward. You know how much I love to play with furniture and paint rooms? Well that’s what I want to do for a living. So there’s my plan.” She explained.

“That’s amazing, Kay! You know, once the get all of the things out of that study, we can pick and choose exactly what that room is going to look like.” I pointed out. Kay became giddy at the thought of it.

A few weeks later…

The room was finally finished. The only reason it took so long was because the carpenter took three weeks to set up the appointment to put in the carpet. Plus, we couldn’t put in the furniture until the carpet was in. But let me tell you, after all of the furniture shopping, we had to go back to the bank and let Kayne get even more money. It was all worth it, though. The room was absolutely gorgeous.

There were three walls and a half wall in my room. The half wall extended out toward the middle of the room, but cut off right there. If you were to walk to the other side of that half wall, you would be in Kaylynne’s room. It was painted orange and the carpet was a light green. In the corner, by the half wall, there was the bed.

It was a double bed. The dress of the bed was dark brown, and so were some of the smaller pillows. The bigger pillows were bright red and so were the sheets. The comforter was dark brown and very comfortable. There was a feather bed on top of the mattress, making the bed that much more comfortable. The headboard was black and made of that wire-like substance that I can’t remember the name of. So were the legs and footboard.

Right next to the cute double bed was a little red nightstand. There were drawings and doodles scattered on it, but on it was a brown lamp, a cup full of writing utensils, and an alarm clock.

In the corner of the room, there was a blue chair that was comfortable as hell. I guess it was used as a reading chair? Maybe. But right next to the chair was a dark brown bookcase completely filled with books of fiction that Kay and I had picked out ourselves.

Right next to the entrance to the bedroom, was the dresser. It was dark brown and very long. It wasn’t very tall. It went up to my waist when I stood next to it. On the dresser was a mirror that was possibly one of the largest mirrors I’d yet to see in my lifetime. Inside the drawers were clothes that Kayne had bought for me in the million and forty three trips to the mall we’d taken over the past couple weeks.

On top of the dresser there was a rack where I’d set all eight of the necklaces I owned. There was also a red fake hand, where I put my rings and bracelets on. Next to it lay the start of my new brass knuckles collection. So far I had three necklaces, two key chains, and one real pair. Also, on top of the dresser was an XXL can of Monster that had an A Day To Remember bumper sticker on it. There were more empty cans of energy drinks, but that was my favorite. It also consisted of Tab, Bawls, Rockstar, Venom, and several Jones bottles. I had seven sticks of eyeliner and my eyeshadow on top of the dresser, too. My brand new giraffe print straightener sat next to the fake red hand.

Along the walls of the bedroom, there were paintings. Some I had bought, others Kay and I did out of boredom at four in the morning when we couldn’t sleep.

There was a computer on my side of the room. It was a dell computer, and it sat on an orange desk. It had a flat screen, and the monitor was like any other computer monitor you would see in your lifetime. The internet wasn’t connected quite yet. But it consisted of what any other computer would so far.

On Kaylynne’s side of the room, there were blue walls and purple carpeting. She had her own double bed, nearly identical to mine other than different pillows and sheets. We’d bought the exact same mattresses and headboards and footboards and such for each of us. The dress of her bed was orange, as were the sheets and smaller pillows. The bigger pillows were purple and so was her comforter. But her comforter had a stripe of black right through the middle.

On the other side of the room, she had her own higher dresser that was black. It had her own necklaces, she had two, and jewelry on top of it as did mine. She had her own clothes that she’d taken from her house in it. She told her parents that she was moving out. They didn’t care.

Next to the window she had on her side of the room sat a drawing desk. There were pens and pencils and Sharpies and such in a pencil on the desk. If you opened the top drawer, you would find five notebooks stacked neatly. Under the second notebook was her journal. Her journal looked exactly like any other notebook. Putting it in the middle just made it even more invisible. I never felt the need to look through it simply because I knew for a fact that Kay told me everything. It was just how things were with us. We trusted each other with secrets. And the moment that Kayne gave me the word, I was going to tell her every last secret I knew.

“I love this room.” I stated in nearly as much awe as Kay. She was fiddling around with some pictures.

“I know, right? It’s turned out simply amazing!” she agreed. I smiled and she pulled out the top notebook and began doodling. I walked out of the room and to the kitchen. I was absolutely starving.

“Triv, shouldn’t you be in your room that was a pain in the ass to put together for you guys?” Nuri called. I whipped around to look him in the face. I couldn’t tell if the comment was meant to be rude or harmless.

“I’m hungry. Excuse me for not being immortal and needing to eat. Not all of us feed off of energy and humans.” I replied. Over the passed weeks, Nuri and Ari had made it a point to tell me a lot about demons, angels, and vampires. Vampires, obviously, fed off of human blood. Angels fed off of energy from other immortals. Demons killed anything and drank it’s blood for energy. Not just humans, but they killed other demons, humans, angels, or vampires. Most of them had never tried to take a sun’s power, but there were certain demons that wanted power, and suns had more power than any other thing in immortal history.

“Don’t be so snappy. Someone might just snap your neck for it.” Nuri replied. Lately he’s been literally bipolar. Sometimes he was nice, others he was an asshole. It was such a pain to deal with.

“Good luck with that. You’re the entire reason why the immortal worlds are on the brink of war and you wouldn’t dare harm a hair on my head because I get to clean up your mess.” I retorted. He huffed like a ten year old and stormed off, having no comeback. At least he wasn’t pushing me into walls anymore.

Then again, with this pretty little necklace around my neck, I could probably overpower him. It was wonderful being somewhat normal compared to them. I wasn’t the weakest link in the house anymore. Kay was, but if any of the guys here harmed her, I would make it a point to kill them in their sleep.

I walked to the kitchen and began cooking myself some alfredo. I sat on the counter, waiting for the water in the pot to come to a boil. The boys still had yet to teach me about the powers I would soon earn. They claimed that I needed to earn knowledge before I could earn powers. If you ask me, it was a load of shit.

“Alfredo again?” Ari asked from the doorway.

“Yeah. Starving. Kay’s in her room doodling again. She needs to be at home here. I think sharing a room with Nuri is beginning to get to her outgoing personality.” I replied.

“He probably made her sleep on the floor.” Ari pointed out.

“Over my dead body!” I exclaimed, disgusted with how rude a man could be. Seriously, she’s not even aware of what they are yet. Once she discovers she’s been in a house with three vampires and a bipolar angel, she’s going to piss herself. Nuri just needed to make it worse.

“Maybe on the good days he let her lay with him. But I doubt that on his bad days he was so willing to share. You know Nuri.” He stated. I snorted.

“Yes. I do know Nuri. He’s an asshole right now. Do you know why he’s got that stick up his ass? Cause his bipolar-ness is ruining my new room excitement.”

“Nuri is a mystery in this house. But he went out to the bar not that long ago. He’s gonna come back wasted tonight. Be prepared.” Ari warned. I sighed.

After finishing up my alfredo, I decided that since Nuri wasn’t here I might as well snoop around his room. Call me nosey, because I am. I would totally love if I could untangle the mystery that is Nuri. I opened the door that I’ve dreaded in this house forever. I walked into the room I’ve known as Nuri’s.
♠ ♠ ♠
so I don't have very much to say... DRINK MORE MILK! Yeah, drink more milk.... :D
-molly.