I Don't Care if the Necklace Fits! I'd Rather Not be Kidnapped by Immortals!

Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

“Are we still going to the Wal-Mart?” I asked nervously. The thought of the gun he had to the back of my neck still left me shaken. All it would have taken was the pull of an index finger and I would be gone. Completely done with. The entire immortal existence would have ended right there, with the pull of an index finger.
“Yes. Wal-Marts are huge. The question of whether they could find us in this next intersection is hard to answer. But in a Wal-Mart full of people that could all be wearing the same colored hoodie as me right now? They’d never find me.” Elliot explained.
“Are you going to stay with us once we take you there?” Kay inquired.
“No. I’m going to have you two lovely ladies buy me a new set of clothes, and this pretty blondie is going to wear my clothes. Or blondie could have some red in her hair, too. I think she could pull it off, don’t you?” he mocked. I turned around and gave him the dirtiest look I could have given at that point.
“I have a name, fugitive boy.” I pointed out. He pulled his hood down and gave me a cold look.
“What makes you think that I’m the bad guy?” He questioned.
Well isn’t that an obvious answer? Maybe because you THREATENED TO KILL ME!? Yeah, that might be it, but I’m not sure. Maybe.
“You threatened to kill Triv,” she emphasized my name, “If we didn’t cooperate. So that just might have something to do with it.” She said sarcastically. Elliot gave her a dirty look.
“You have no idea what those men are capable of. They could destroy tons of lives if they find what they’re looking for. I thought I’d found her, but I was wrong.” He mumbled the last part and I barely caught it.
“Who is ‘her’?” Kay questioned. His head perked up and he gave her a cold look.
“Obviously I don’t know if I thought I’d found her and I didn’t.” he retorted. She gave him a dirty look in return.
“Are you an immortal?” she asked stupidly. I smacked her hand. How could she ask him that?
“So you know about them?” he inquired.
“We both do. We live with a couple of vampires and an angel.” Kay replied, rubbing her hand and giving me a scornful look.
“Kay! Dear god, you might as well put a gun to our heads and kill us.” I lectured.
“What’s so bad about it? I didn’t tell him about the freaky shit about you and what’s going on with Nuri!” She snapped.
“Blondie is a sun?” he probed. I gave Kay a look that said ‘tell him and it’s going to kill us both.’
“What’s a sun? Is that like a shapeshifter that can turn into a star or what?” she questioned. It was pretty convincing, actually.
“Nevermind, then. Look, we’re almost here.” He said and began taking off his hoodie.
“Blondie, give me your clothes.” He demanded. I glared at him.
“I’m not changing in front of you, kthanks.” I replied stubbornly.
“You don’t have a choice,” he pointed out, cocking his gun.
“That doesn’t scare me.” I lied.
“Blondie, I may not be a sun, but my mother was one. She was killed some time last year. But through her, I received the power of knowing when I am being lied to. And I know you’re scared.” He stated.
“Then you know that I am a sun, myself.” I said. He nodded and began unbuttoning his pants.
“So then you also know that I am to have powers of my own,” I continued, grinning. It wasn’t technically a lie.
“Yes, I know that. But you don’t scare me. You’re merely a beginner and you know barely anything of the immortal worlds if you don’t know who the men are that are after me.” He said.
I groaned and thanked god that I was wearing a tank top under my purple Dr. Acula T-shirt. I pulled it off and threw it on his face as he handed me his pants.
His pants were up to my knees by the time he pulled my shirt off his face. At that moment I threw my pants onto his face. I was buttoning the baggy jeans when he pulled the pants were pulled away from his face. Kay was laughing at the occurrence the entire time it happened.
“Give me your shirt,” I commanded bitterly.
“Damn, Blondie. You can change fast, can’t you?” he stated. I rolled my eyes at his perverted-ness and waited for him to take off his shirt. Once he did, I put it on and threw the hoodie on over it. After that, I got out of the car where Kay waited.
“Lock the doors. Piss him off.” I said. Kay laughed and pressed the lock button twice, locking the back doors, too. I smiled mischievously and looked back to see him giving me the finger.
“Oh look, I have a finger like that, too,” I said, flipping the bird at him, “Oh, but I have two!” I added the other hand and then turned around, knowing that he probably couldn’t hear me.
Kay continued laughing as we walked into the Wal-Mart. I reached into the back pocket of these pants for my phone.
“DAMNIT, HE’S GOT MY PHONE!” I exclaimed as I turned around and ran like hell to the car. He was in the middle of unlocking the door when I saw him. The second he opened the door, I dove onto him, and we both flew into the other door. I shoved my hand into the jeans he was wearing and found nothing in them.
“Woah, Blondie. Frisky, are we? I mean I know I look good, but you could probably find some other guy in Wal—”
“I’m trying to find my phone. You’re an ugly pervert, you know that?” I spat. He laughed.
[i[It’s a damn good thing he can’t read my thoughts because he is pretty sexy if I say so myself. But he will never know that.
“I know you think I’m gorgeous. I know when I’m being lied to, remember?” He pointed out. I slapped him after pulling my hand out of the pocket and shoving it into the other front pocket.
“Jeeze, Blondie. That hurt!” He exclaimed. I rolled my eyes and pulled my phone from the pocket.
“Thank you.” I said and put my hand down to push myself up on his happy area and ‘accidentally’ putting all of my weight down onto my hand.
“OHH!” He screamed, throwing me off of him, only to practically fall on my face outside of the car. I quickly shut the door and bolted over to where Kay was standing.
“RUN, GIRL, RUN!” I screamed, laughing my ass off as I yelled it. She just laughed and ran with me into the Wal-Mart.
“Okay, where can’t he go?” she asked.
“GIRL’S BATHROOM!” I exclaimed and we cheesed it into the women’s room. We were breathing heavily when we got into the bathroom and women were looking at us with pissed off looks.
“WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT!?” Kay screamed at some old lady who was glaring at her and guiding what assumed was her granddaughter away from us and into a far away stall. She gave her a look of disgust and I laughed.
“Kay, chill.” I said.
“No, I don’t like being stared at. IT’S NOT POLITE.” She said the last part loud for the old woman to hear. Soon I heard Elliot’s voice from somewhere nearby.
“It’d be so hard to let you go. It’d break my heart if we fell apart. It’d be so hard to let you go!” He sang.
“HE HAS MY IPOD!” I realized and ran out of the bathroom. Once I spotted him I dove on top of him and pulled on his hair. He was laughing harder than ever and I ripped my earphones out of his ears and nearly tore his ear off in the process.
“Jesus, Blondie, there’s no reason to rip my ear off!” He complained. I tore my ipod out of his hand. Or I tried to. The earphones just got pulled out of the hole and it was still in his hand.
“Give me my ipod.” I demanded. He gave me a devious look. I was utterly aware that Kay was staring at us with the old lady. I gave Kay the ‘start a distraction’ look.
“AVERT YOUR EYES!” Kay screamed and grabbed the hand of the little granddaughter and ran away with her. Of course the old lady was screaming bloody murder about it. I got up off of Elliot and he stood, with my ipod still in his hand. He grabbed my hand with his free one, and pulled me into the home supplies aisle where nobody was.
“Give me my ipod back.” I demanded. He gave that mischievous smile again and I glared at him. What possible condition could he have that would be absolutely unbearable that I would… On second thought, I’m not even going to finish that question. There are a lot of things he could ask me to do that I would not do under any condition whatsoever.
“On one condition.” He stated. I’d totally called that.
“I knew you were going to say that. But no conditions. Give me my ipod back or imma have to hurt you.” I threatened.
“Yeah, right.” He scoffed. I swung my fist to meet his nose but he grabbed it at the last possible second. Fuck. “Listen, Blondie. I need you to get me some clothes.” He pointed out. I rolled my eyes.
“Yes, I’m aware that those guys will probably attack me when they see me wearing your clothes or whatever, but I have no money and neither does Kay so that really sucks for you. Now give me my ipod back,”
“Damnit. It looks like I’m going to have to do this the hard way.” Elliot complained. What did the hard way consist of? I had no idea. I didn’t really care. No, wait. That’s a lie. I did care. I wanted my ipod back really bad. I glanced over and saw the woman who had pointed at me when we were in the car.
“I spy a lady who’s looking for you.” I stated. He cursed and pulled me close to him. I breathed in his scent. He smelled like paper and Axe. You know, the smell of the books you get from the library? It wasn’t really a bad smell. The combination of the two was intoxicating.
“Just go along with it and everything will be fine.” He whispered into my ear. There was a weird tone in there. Almost… seductive? Woah. Well, at least he smelled really good. “Giggle like I just said something perverted and you’re flirting,” He commanded.
“Excuse me?” I hissed back.
“Just do it, Blondie. I have a gun in my pants right now. I could blow your head off right now, but if you go along with this, I won’t have to.” He explained. Oh yay. Once again with the guns. His back was to the woman, so she couldn’t see him but she could still see my face. I giggled very flirtatiously and the woman looked over at us, almost in awe. She saw my face, but obviously didn’t recognize me because she didn’t walk over. She just stared at me. I wasn’t looking directly at her, but out of the corner of my eye, I could see her watching us.
“She’s watching us. But in a weird way. She looks like she’s hella jealous.” As soon as the whispers left my mouth, I regretted them.
“I know, I’m a stud. Now say ‘Johnny!’ as if I just said something perverted again and you’re flirting. Again.” He instructed. I’m not using Johnny. No, that’s gay.
“Jakey!” I squealed, hitting his arm and pulling away a little bit. He raised his eyebrow but from where I was standing, that woman was still watching us. He began speaking in a voice much deeper than I would have thought he was capable of.
“Awe, come on, babe. I was just kidding.” He wasn’t so bad of an actor. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me back to him. I added my own little giggle and nearly rolled my eyes when he smirked.
Probably thinks I’m enjoying this… I just won’t let him know that I am.
My thoughts were interrupted when he grabbed my face and enveloped me into a kiss. I swear my heart skipped four beats when he did this. I totally did not see it coming. I closed my eyes and got caught up into it even though I probably wasn’t supposed to. After a few seconds, I opened one eye and noticed that the woman was gone.
Sigh. Oh well.
I pushed him away and faked gagging. I really didn’t want him knowing that I enjoyed this. I had too much dignity and pride to let him know.
“Oh, please. I know you liked it.” He defended. I gave him a look that said ‘no, you’re definitely wrong, child’ Elliot simply rolled his eyes at me. He turned around and walked out of the aisle. I followed him.
“I would love to know how they found me so fast.” He stated. I nodded. It was very peculiar that they had found us so quickly.
“I’m not sure.” I said. He pondered for a moment.
“Well. Does that license plate go back to where you’re staying?” He inquired. I shook my head; It was Kay’s car we’d driven here in. I smiled at the thought of her customized license number: BEASTLY. Nice, Kay. Nice.
“I’m staying with you guys. Make it happen.” He declared.
“Who the hell do you think you are?” I questioned.
“Is that a rhetorical question or do you expect me to answer it?” Elliot asked. I then slapped him hard across the face. He yelled from the pain and held his cheek, sending me a cold glare. If there weren’t so many scars on him, the glare wouldn’t have been so scary. I was not going to let him know that he’d scared me though.
“That’s what you get for inviting yourself to stay with us until you’re done being staked out.” I scolded.
“Well can I?” he asked. I rolled my eyes. When I turned away to leave, I felt hands wrap around my waist. He pulled me close to him and once again, his scent of paper and Axe filled my nostrils.
“Listen. I need a place to stay. I’ve been to every one of my friend’s houses twice. Unfortunately their families are very unhappy with me because I went to their house,” he explained.
“Why are they unhappy with you? You needed a place to go…” So, my curiosity got the better. Wouldn’t you wanna know? Exactly.
“My friends were killed and I’ve narrowly escaped death with the burden of theirs every single time.” He said bitterly. I turned around to face him and his hands then rested on my hips. He stared into my eyes and I noticed they were a little more watery than normal. I felt bad.
“Ohh… kay. I assume you can stay with us…” I said. Yeah, I know. I’m a wuss.
“Thank you so much,” He stated gratefully, and pulling me into a passionate kiss. I looked around and saw the reason why he was kissing me. One of the men was checking someone in a blue hoodie similar to his own that I was wearing. I made sure to kiss him back with full force. I noted that I wasn’t the only one who was totally into this kiss. I opened my eyes a quarter so it looked like they were closed still and wrapped my arms around his neck. The man was walking past us and checked out my ass as he walked by. I wanted to kick him, but I didn’t. Just to add the damnnn effect onto Elliot, I bit his lip at the end of the kiss and pulled away.
“So how’d you know he was there if he was behind you?” I asked. He pointed to the freezers. There were mirrors on the outside of them. I turned to him and smiled. But when I turned, he was smiling already.
♠ ♠ ♠
GAH. I hate BBcodes sometimes. So this chapter was seven pages on MW. Next one will be 15 pages! No joke, it's seriously my longest chapter, and I'm currently writing chapter 26. Whatevs. So yeah, this next chapter is probably going to be a pain in the ass to do the BBcodes in -_-
KLOVEYOUALL!
-molly.