I Don't Care if the Necklace Fits! I'd Rather Not be Kidnapped by Immortals!

Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

“Elliot, stop. Just give me my phone back,” I demanded, getting irritated by his child-like behavior.

“So kiss me, then.” He stated. He reached into his pants and pulled out my Blitz, then leaned in to kiss me. His lips brushed up against mine and I grabbed him by his hair and kissed him more deeply than I ever had before. He snaked an arm around my waist, and that’s when I let go of his hair with one hand and grabbed my phone from his hand.

“Hah!” I exclaimed in triumph. I’d gotten it back without reaching into his pants. He smirked at me before reaching for my phone again.

“Give me that.” He commanded. I shoved the phone into my bra quickly and smirked.

“Reach for it.” I replied. He grinned smugly.

“Now where have I heard that before?” he said, before he leaned in and kissed me again. I pressed myself up against him to make it harder for him to get to my phone. I felt him smile into the kiss, and I pondered on why he was so confident. I soon found out why, when two hands were tickling my sides. I attempted grabbing at his hands, but it didn’t work out well. My shirt had ridden up when I pulled away, and one of his hands found it’s way into my shirt and around my phone. He’d gotten my phone again. Damn.

He pulled his hands away and shoved the phone into his back pocket before smiling. I refused to let him think that he was the victor, so I reached behind him. To anyone watching, it would look like I was grabbing his ass for the hell of it, but I was merely trying to get my phone back. Eventually, I gave up on it.

“Fine. You know what? You can have it. The only people that ever call me are Nuri and Ray, anyway. Plus you, but right now you don’t count.” I stated. He smiled broadly and I glared at him, and then went to the other side of the cave… thing.

“Awe, Triv, don’t be like that.” He said, following me.

“You’re so annoying!” I huffed, turning to face him. He put his hand to his chest, acting as if I’d broken his heart.

“That hurts, babe. Right here.” He stated, pointing to his chest. I rolled my eyes and he leaned down and pecked me on the nose. I couldn’t help but smile after that.

“So should we go back, or do you wanna camp out here? Cause I’ll bet I can get some furniture in here with my mad crazy powers.” I evoked. He smiled at me.

“I kinda wanted to stay here. It’s nice in here. Private,” he explained. I smiled back at him.

“So what exactly am I gonna get to float its way over?” I asked. He put a finger to his chin.

“Uhh, how about a bed? And… uh… blankets? I don’t know.” He stated. I laughed and used the necklace. Sure enough, A double bed with blankets and pillows came to the surface, and all the water stayed off of it like the other things. Elliot pulled it onto the rock. Don’t ask me how. That boy is a miracle worker.

I jumped onto the bed. It was actually pretty comfy. Elliot crawled in next to me and wrapped his arms around me. I reached over to the flashlight and flipped the switch so that it was off.

“Are you aware that you’re the most amazing person I’ve met in my entire life? Because I can list all of the traits that make you so perfect.” He whispered into my ear.

“Are you aware that you’re the best sweet talker who’s ever laid down with me before I fell asleep? Because I really want to kiss you right now.” I replied. He kissed my neck, and I rolled over so that I was facing him. It was dark, so I could only see the outline of his face, but I kissed him anyway. It was a quick, sweet kiss. After this kiss, I had yet another unwanted dream.

[i[I should have been dead. I was floating down the muddy river, but this time I wasn’t scared for my own life. I felt land come beneath me, and I looked to my left and saw my savior from before. It was Elliot. I choked on my own sob and crawled over to him.

“Elliot,” I whispered. I shook him with one hand. He didn’t stir. I felt more hot tears sting my eyes.

“Elliot.” I said, more loudly this time. I shook him with both hands now. I felt a horrible pain come when I did this, but ignored it. I just wanted him to wake up. I wanted him to wake up and tell me that it was all going to go away. I wanted him to make everything right and hold me in his arms. I kept shaking him.

“Elliot!” I yelled, now. I was shaking him violently, and he still would not awaken. Tears poured down my face and I was screaming his name now, trying to wake him up. I sobbed heavily and stopped shaking him. I was shaking violently from crying. I was choking on my own tears, and I couldn’t stop the crying. I wanted to die. Elliot was dead. I heard another explosion and this time I welcomed the pain. I wanted it to kill me.

“I’M RIGHT HERE!” Elliot screamed. I opened my eyes to see him looking down at me, with worried eyes.

“I had a nightmare.” I croaked. The second after I’d said it, he took me into his arms and kissed me. First, he kissed my nose. Then my cheek, forehead, other cheek, chin, nose again, and finally he got to the lips.

I clung onto him as if my life depended on it. He never said anything. He just held me in his arms and kissed me over and over again. After he’d repeated the process a few times, I laughed.

“Elliot, I’m okay now. It was just a dream.” I explained. He squeezed me ever so slightly and stopped. I snuggled into him and fell back asleep. But this time it was dreamless.

A few weeks later…

“Triv. Wake up, babe. Come on, Blondie.” Elliot called. I smiled as I rubbed the sleep from my eyes.

“Hey,” I croaked. My voice was hoarse from sleeping. He smiled a brilliant smile. We’d been living in the dark cave for two weeks now. No, nothing really happened. We had been living off of the food that I brought up with the necklace. It was a normal routine.

I filled the glass we used to brush our teeth. I used the necklace to filter it out, and all of the gross stuff jumped out of the glass, and the only thing left in it was clear, clean water. I looked up at Elliot and grinned.

“I’m getting better at this.” I pointed out. He nodded and shoved his toothbrush into the water, then put the toothpaste on. After we brushed our teeth, I emptied the cup and put everything in it. Once I set the cup down, I turned to Elliot to see him in deep thought.

“What is it?” I asked, walking over and sitting next to him on the bed. It was really bizarre. A dark cave and a white bed in it, with nothing other than two people, a flashlight, and dental hygiene supplies. Tell me that’s not weird.

“I know that you’re not really willing to face Nuri yet, but I think that it would be the best thing for us to do at this point. The immortal worlds are all pissy with the vampires right now, and they’re preparing an army. Your necklace is developing its powers quickly, which means that they’re on the brink of war… The only thing that’s missing is someone coming after you… Triv, did anyone come after you before you brought me here? I need to know.” He said. I looked down at my feet.

“Well, did I ever tell you about the dream that I had all the time? Where I was running and some… creature was following me, and it wanted my necklace? It… erm, it sort of became real. But I killed it. I don’t know, it was really fast and—” he cut me off.

“Babe, come here. It’s over now. We have to go back. The war could be starting right now. Your powers are developing incredibly quickly. Get us back home.” He said. Home. He’d used the word home. Once I thought about it, I really didn’t want to go back to the life I had before. I had Elliot now. He wasn’t leaving my side. Not if I could help it, anyway. I reached over and grabbed his hands in mine. I stared at our hands, and suddenly the hands were on the comforter in my bedroom at the house. I tore my gaze away from our intertwined fingers and looked into his eyes. I felt my eyes watering, but I couldn’t understand why.

“Don’t cry,” he whispered, reaching up to wipe a stray tear. I grabbed his hand before he could wipe the tear away.

“Elliot, I love you.” I whispered, staring into his eyes. He smiled at me weakly.

“I love you, too. I know it’s only been a couple weeks, but I really think that you’re my special girl,” he replied. I smiled and kissed him onto the lips. His fingers intertwined with mine as I deepened the kiss. He pulled away slowly, then murmured something inaudible to me.

“We should probably make our presence in this house known,” I offered. He nodded in response and led me by the hand out of the room. We walked down the creaky stairs and into the kitchen, where Kay sat, eating a ham sandwich with her back to us.

Elliot looked at me, and I felt a sinking feeling in my chest. He waited for me to say something. I braced myself for her to begin screaming at me again.

“Kay?” I called. She whipped around and looked at me as if she thought she’d seen a ghost.

“Oh my god! Triv!” She exclaimed as she ran up and embraced me. I was utterly confused. Had she found out what really happened?

“I thought you were mad at me.” I said, still puzzled. She rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly,

“I guess I should have asked you what really happened. I… Ari told me that Dylan liked someone else in the house, and I immediately assumed that it was you, cause… well, yeah. It had never occurred to me that he could have been gay. And then when you and Nuri broke up, I was even more pissed because I thought you’d broken up with him for Dylan… Until Nuri told me the whole story…” She stopped talking and looked at Elliot, then back at me, then at our hands. Elliot squeezed my hand a little bit, and I didn’t look up.

“Kay, I’m so glad that you’re not mad at me anymore. That’s a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. I have so much to tell you!” I exclaimed happily. She grinned slightly, but looked at Elliot uneasily. I wasn’t sure what was going through her mind.

“Triv, I need to talk to you…” She said, not taking her eyes off of Elliot. I turned to him and stood on my toes to kiss his nose. He smiled slightly, then left the room. “Is he listening in?” she asked. I grabbed my necklace and tapped into its powers, making sure that Elliot wouldn’t hear a word we said if he was eavesdropping.

“No.” I replied looking up at her. “What is it?”

“You have to get back together with Nuri.” She said immediately. I raised an eyebrow, urging her to go on. “Well, I was talking to him… Triv, he really fucking likes you. The fact that you’re with Elliot tore him apart. I’d tell you everything he told me, but I made him a promise that I would let him explain it all to you. Triv, I beg of you, break up with Elliot and go back to Nuri. Please.” She begged. I glared at her.

“Kaylynne, you know as well as I do that after I’m cheated on, I wouldn’t go back to him for my life. Not even for you, would I go back to Nuri. We made vows to each other that if we were ever cheated on, we wouldn’t go back to the guy. End of story. There is no way in hell you’re going to get me to go back to Nuri. I understand that you made a promise to him, and that’s fine. But he’s a cheating scumbag, and that’s all there is to it.” I declared. She grabbed her hair and pulled on it. One thing she often does when frustrated.

“ARGH! You don’t understand!” She exclaimed.

“I guess I don’t.” I said coolly and left the room. How could she expect me to go back to him? We’d made those vows in the eighth grade. There was no way I was going to break them now.

I ended the little spell I’d put on Elliot, and not long after, I felt arms wrap around my waist. I squealed, because it had frightened me. A hand came onto my mouth.

“Shhhh.” He hushed. I giggled flirtatiously, and then felt the hands move up to my eyes. I was turned around, and I kept my eyes closed as the hands came off of my eyes.

“Can I open my eyes n—” I was cut off when his lips hushed me. I kissed back with full force and his tongue entered my mouth. After this short, passionate kiss, we pulled away and I opened my eyes, to be absolutely horrified.

“I missed you,” Nuri whispered.

“How dare you!” I screamed, slapping him across the face hard enough to leave a mark. I ran away, as fast as my legs could carry me, over to Ari’s bedroom. When I slammed the door shut, Ari looked at me.

“I see Nuri has greeted you,” he said. I walked into the bathroom that connected to his room and washed my mouth out.

“He is the most disgusting creature I’ve ever met! Who does he think he is? I’ve moved on, but obviously he wants what he can’t have!” I exclaimed. I came back into the room. He rolled his eyes.

“Oh, please. Nuri is the worst of your worries at this point. The war is starting. The demons are plotting an attack on the vampires. I can only tell that much. They’re trying to protect their plans, and so far it’s been working. I don’t know when, but they’re after Nuri, and us. Not to mention you…” He added. I rolled my eyes.

“Oh please. If I could take on that one creepy creature, I’ll bet I can take on a couple of reckless demons.” I said.

“Don’t underestimate them, Victrivia. The angels have done that in the past, and it’s caused one hell of a war. Expect the unexpected.” He warned. I waved him off with my hand as if what he said wasn’t very important.

“You’re acting like I can’t take them on. You know as well as I do that if I tried hard enough, I could kill all of them with a wave of my hand.” I evoked. He shook his head.

“That’s not what you’re supposed to do. Triv, you’re supposed to end the war. You’re not supposed to kill everyone. That defeats the purpose of saving all immortal-kind.” He explained. I furrowed my brow.

“How the fuck am I supposed to make everyone love each other again? My necklace is absolutely pointless if that’s what I have to do. It serves no purpose.” I exclaimed in frustration.

“Triv, that’s the point. The necklace is going to help you be heard. I can guarantee to you, that all male immortals are going to listen to what you have to say. As for the females? They’ll be trying to kill you. That’s why you have the necklace. Consider it like the seatbelt in a car. It’s a safety feature, used to help you survive occurrences where you usually wouldn’t be able to survive.” He went on. I shook my head. This was all so puzzling. I was supposed to talk, and make everyone stop fighting? What was I going to say? And further more, how am I supposed to do this if every immortal female is out to destroy me?

“So every immortal without a penis wants to destroy me?” I asked. He shook his head.

“No. The vampires will be there to protect you. Vampires seem to be the only immortal kind that understand that war is bad, and to stop war, we need to side with the sun. I guess that after centuries of being neutral between the demon and angel war, we’ve taken a dislike towards anything messy. Kind of ironic, considering we live off of things weaker than us.” He assured. I sighed. This didn’t sound like it was going to be much fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
gah. so i'm backkkk.! I've been updating on here more frequently. anyone noticed? lawl. So I noticed that many of you have taken a liking towards my good little story. if you like it that much, you can read up to chapter 25 if you go look it up on quizilla. cereal, it's got the same title and everything. I'm proud of this story, man. It's gotten over 1000 views on quizilla. on here it only has about 100, but that's okay with me. [:
so my valentine's day SUCKED. How was yours? I litterally got dumped the night before valentine's day. I know, what an asshole, right? whatevs. what can you do? besides, i'm pretty and i know quite a few boys that have sparked an interest in me, so it's not the end of the world. I guess I'm optimistic this week. You watch, next week I'll be all emo, and telling you guys about how I hate my life and I wanna run away and all that jazz. Maybe it's the fact that I've eaten like 54545847 packs of skittles and i'm never gonna be able to fall asleep. Maybe I'm actually accepting things as they're thrown into my face. Wow, I can't spell lately. Or type.
Gosh, what's wrong with me?
KLOVEYOUALL.!
-molly.