I Don't Care if the Necklace Fits! I'd Rather Not be Kidnapped by Immortals!

Chapter Thirty-One

Chapter Thirty-one

I awoke the next day and laid there on the bed, breathing in the scent of Nuri. Despite how long it’s been, his bed still reeked of the familiar smell of old books and whatever godly cologne that Nuri wore. God knows that I’ve been laying here, hugging a pillow thinking about what it would be like if this Nuri-reeking pillow were the real thing. I mean, listen to me. I sound like I’m fucking desperate. Whatever happened to that confident Victrivia that had every boy she’d ever wanted wrapped around her little finger? What happened to the egotistical bitch that was sexy and knew it? How did I end up replacing super-Triv with this self-conscious, over-thinking, seemingly desperate Triv? Why do I even ask myself these questions anymore? I know the answer to all of them. Elliot happened. Elliot happened to the confident Victrivia that had every boy she’d ever wanted. Elliot happened to the egotistical bitch that was sexy and knew it. I ended up replacing super-Triv with desperate Triv because of Elliot.

It was really sad that after settling down for one year, a girl can change into a totally different person. It’s a wonder how Nuri still liked desperate Triv. Maybe he’d never compared this new and unimproved Triv to what I was three or four years ago. How can one boy have such an impact on my life? It’s not so much that I resented Elliot for the change. I didn’t blame him for it at all. I love him too much for that anyway. I don’t use past tense because no matter how many new boys I hook up with, the mark that kid left on me is permanent. It’s more permanent than a sharpie. That’s how serious I am… Okay maybe the metaphor using a sharpie wasn’t exactly a good one to use when you’re trying to be serious, but you get the point.

I tossed the pillow aside after taking a final inhale of the scent. I was addicted after one night of his bedroom. I stood up and looked at myself in the mirror that I’d recently moved into here. I was wearing a cami and short pink shorts. I decided that my hair was too gross today, so I threw it into a messy ponytail to the side and decided that I was decent enough to show my face around the house. I walked down the extremely creaky steps and was greeted with the wonderful scent of chocolate chip pancakes being fried in the kitchen. I got into a sprint and ran into the kitchen.

When I was met with the chef, I saw Ari standing at the oven, flipping a pancake into the air and Kavan sitting at the counter. I swear, the whole world could hear my eager stomach.

“Ohhh man! You’re making pancakes! You guys never did this for me when I lived here.” I complained. Kavan turned around and I swear his eyes bulged out of his head. He gave me a look up and down, then wolf-whistled.

“Ari, this is what I love about having Triv in this house. She is one gorgeous woman who doesn’t give a rat’s ass about modesty. And let me tell you, those legs would make any girl jealous.” He praised. Normally I would have rolled my eyes at his perverted remark, but at this point it made me smirk.

“Oh, I know I’m sexy, Kavan. No one needs to tell me twice.” I boasted. There’s the old Triv bubbling to the surface. At that point, Kayne walked in with Carsyn. She gave me a glance over and then a short laugh. I raised an eyebrow.

“Getting ready to show off some used goods on the corner, are we Victrivia?” she spat.

“Honey, you’re just cranky because if you were a prostitute you would be getting food stamps because your goods make you look like you haven’t hit puberty yet.” I retorted. She glared at me.

“At least my goods are fresh.” She provoked.

“I’m in my twenties. If I were still a prissy little virgin like yourself, I would be a failure at having a social life. Now go play with your Barbie dolls and consider changing your bitchy attitude. Screwing around with me will only cause you tears.” I replied. She huffed and left the room. I noticed Kayne wait until he knew she was out of earshot.

“Triv I’m sorry, but right now you’re hotter than the stove. But could you be a little more considerate of Carsyn? She’s really nice… you are aware that she’s sixteen, though right? ‘Cause you keep telling her she looks like she’s really young…” he trailed off. I busted out laughing.

“SHE’S SIXTEEN! AHAH OH MY GOD WHAT A BITCH!” I screamed. They all stared at me as I was dying from laughing.

“Even though she does look like she’s really young, that’s still kinda mean.” Ari said from where he was in the kitchen. I rolled my eyes as I calmed myself.

“Oh, I know. If she would learn to be considerate of others then others would be courteous in return. But until she learns that, nobody is going to be nice to her. Save for you guys. That’s as good as it’s going to get.” I explained. Ari gave me a look.

“Triv, it’s as if you don’t remember yourself when you were first brought here. Remember how you acted out against Nuri? And then you two ended up becoming closer than two peas in a pod. Forgive the over-used expression; my use of vocabulary isn’t serving me very well this week. But still, it was the exact same as it is with her. She’s just a little more hostile than you were.” He rationed. I contemplated the thought.

“Alright, so maybe that’s true… To an extent. But I didn’t hate everyone in the house save for Kayne. I’m pretty sure that after Nuri and I warmed up, Kayne was my least favorite, actually.” I countered.

“Awee, that’s not cool.” Kayne complained. We ignored him.

“Like I said before; she’s more hostile. You don’t even know her, or where she came from or what she’s like. You have all the power to find out, but instead of doing so, you choose to stay at war with her. Why don’t you use the goddamn necklace as an advantage?” he suggested. I raised an eyebrow. I’d never considered that.

“It’s a nice proposal. I might go through with it.” I said and left the room, thinking about it. How did I never see that? I had the power to do almost anything… Goddamn it, my life is so simple sometimes. I have the power to do anything.

I walked back up to Nuri’s bedroom. I didn’t have the guts to call it mine. I guess I’d be lying to myself if I told you I went up there for any particular reason. The only thing that urged me to go was the intoxicating scent. God, Nuri and the way he smells… I’m in love with that old book fused with cologne smell. What the hell is wrong with me? You could call it an addiction… An extremely creepy addiction. Yeah, I really need to get out more. Maybe I will go to a party with Kay. It couldn’t hurt, could it? I open the bedroom door and the smell that I’m in love with hits me head on. It seems stronger than before… how in the world could that be?

I guess I was in a daze. You know me, always daydreaming and not paying attention to my surroundings. I was thinking about the little suggestion Ari gave me and jumped onto the bed. Or at least, I should have jumped on the bed. It wasn’t the bed I jumped on. I screamed and jumped back eight feet. I stared at him. I simply stared. It was Nuri sitting on my bed with an annoyed and admiring look on his face.

“Dear lord, Triv. I mean, I know that I’m sexy, but you don’t have to jump on me for it. Try to keep it in your pants.” He said sarcastically. I grinned widely for him to see.

“Nuri!” I exclaimed, pulling him into a tight embrace. I breathed in his smell and smiled. The pillow was finally the real thing. He just kind of stood there with his arms pinned to his sides awkwardly.

“Um… Triv?” he asked. I looked up at him, still smiling. I could see on his face that he was confused. I racked my brain for a way to explain. I thought about it. I looked up at him and he was smiling down at me. Now it was my turn to be confused.

“Okay?” I urged.

“Somehow I knew you’d change your mind.” He replied, and leaned down to kiss me. I grabbed him by the hair and pulled him into the kiss as forcefully as I could. I’d been wanting this to happen for so long. How could this actually end like a fairy tale? Maybe they do come true…

I opened my eyes to see Ari peering down at me. I groaned. I rolled over in the bed. How had I dreamed that? I can’t believe it. I knew it was too good to be true. Not even in a life where angels exist could things actually have a happy ending.

“What do you want?” I groaned. His brow was furrowed and there was a concerned frown on his face.

“Triv…” he trailed off.

“What happened?” I asked, sitting up. He ran a hand through his hair as I waited patiently.

“You see… remember that Ryan boy that liked you so much?” he went on. My eyes got even wider.

“He wasn’t… He… I… You… How do I explain this? Your ex-boyfriend isn’t a human. He’s a demon. The worst type, actually. He was not one of the immortals that you put to peace. I need to know something… Did you… Er, did you guys like… do… things?” He stuttered. He was blushing and I couldn’t help but laugh.

“Are you asking if I had sex with Ryan?” I asked. He turned bright red.

“Well… yeah.” He finished.

“No, I didn’t. How’s that relevant?” I questioned.

“Well if a sun and a demon do stuff, they are entitled to one another’s powers. Same goes for suns and other suns. It doesn’t last long. Somehow that taps in with how one feels towards the other and once the feelings are gone, so is the entitlement. Unless you’d never felt anything at all. In that case, it would be a lot more complicated, and you would have to get another sun involved. I never told you about this before because there weren’t really any demons for you to have sex with at the time. But… yeah.” He explained. I nodded. It suddenly made complete sense to me. He wanted to have entitlement to my power so that he could do what he would with it.

“So I was being strung along the entire time?” I asked. Ari nodded. “That son of a bitch. I’m going to fucking kill him.” I threatened.

“It’s not that simple, Triv. Ryan is a very powerful demon. He has a lot of buddies too. Not everyone was satisfied with the peacemaking. Which is why we have Carsyn. Another war is going to break out, but this is a minor one. It’s between the vampires and some unimportant half-breeds. They’re crucial to a very powerful chain of immortals, though. Therefore we have a sun to intervene with it. Immortal life is extremely complicated sometimes.” He said. I nodded in understanding.

“So basically, Ryan might lead a war with a bunch of minor demons?” I asked. He nodded. I shook my head.

“This is so confusing.”
♠ ♠ ♠
la de de. la de daaah. hmmm.
-molly.