I Don't Care if the Necklace Fits! I'd Rather Not be Kidnapped by Immortals!

Chapter Thirty-Five

Chapter Thirty-Five

So much for not getting too trashed tonight. I was totally gone. People were leaving because there’d been three complaints due to the noise. One more call and the party was over. I felt my phone vibrate and checked it.

From Kay:

Complaint # 4.


Speak of the devil. I texted back.

To Kay:

Cut the music, stop the party. It’s late anyway.


Just as I was closing my phone, I felt two arms wrap around me. I looked up to see Nuri and smiled. He was wasted, too. I could tell because he was already rubbing my legs and pushing them up my shorts and to the limit before pulling them back to repeat the process. I was drunk, and I didn’t care. I’d teased him enough tonight.

“Triv, you’re so fucking hot.” He slurred. I turned to look at him and he came down to kiss me. His breath smelled heavily of beer, with a faint scent of smoke still. I kissed him back anyway, because I probably tasted like vodka and Mike’s Hard Lemonade. He backed me up into a wall and got really close. His hands were running up my shirt now, and our lips were mashed together. He couldn’t keep his hands off me. I could hear Kay talking and the music stopped. People groaned and started to get their friends to leave. I didn’t even care. Nuri picked me up and I wrapped my legs around him. I don’t know how he did it, but somehow he managed to get our drunk asses up the stairs without looking or falling. I started to kiss his neck and he was grunting.

“Oh my god, I want you so bad.” He groaned as he struggled to get the door open. I was smothering that tender spot, and I knew that I had him boned. He finally opened the door and kicked it shut behind him, then jumped onto our bed. I ripped his shirt off and traced his abs again. He didn’t hesitate to rip off my shirt and bra and get straight to work.

“Nuri,” I breathed.

“I know, baby, I know.” He murmured. He came back up to my lips and I started to rub a certain area and he grunted. I smirked into the kiss and he pressed me up against him. It looks like I was right about the drunk-fuck.

The next morning…

When I rolled over to cuddle into Nuri the next morning, I was left cuddling into an empty spot in the bed. When I got up, I could hear the shower running. That explained his absence. I got up and threw on the every-morning shorts and cami. When my feet got cold, I grabbed some socks too. I went down into the kitchen and began entertaining myself by sliding around on the linoleum floor while eating a poptart. I hadn’t heard the shower go off, and in all honesty, I’d totally forgotten about Nuri until he walked into the kitchen and I caught him snickering at my child-like behavior.

“Don’t make fun of me!” I protested, making a pout. He chuckled lightly before walking over to me and wrapping his arms around me.

“I thought it was cute.” He stated. I looked up at him with a grin on my face. He leaned in and kissed me lightly on the lips before pulling away and just holding my waist.

“I love you.” I murmured into his ear. He tensed and started to dig his fingers into my hips. I started to back away, but he dug his fingers further into me, and it was starting to hurt. “Nuri, what’s wrong?” I asked. I looked into his enrapturing eyes and stared. His eyes were boring into mine. They looked resistant and angry at the same time. I knew that he was watching my own silvery green eyes and seeing the fear and confusion in them.

“I…” he muttered. I started to push him away but he squeezed me even harder.

“Nuri, stop, you’re hurting me!” I exclaimed, attempting to push him away. I could feel his hands squeezing me hard, and I knew it was going to bruise. I looked into his eyes again and I saw the hesitant side of them was now gone. I could feel hot fear rising in me, like when a pot of water starts to boil.

“NO.” he screamed. I was starting to panic. He was bigger than me and he was hurting me. I shoved him hard and he kept squeezing harder.

“STOP, YOU’RE HURTING ME!” I yelled again. My eyes were starting to water. I couldn’t believe he was doing this. If he kept this up, my ribs were going to crack soon. He started yelling things I couldn’t translate into words. The only thing I got was ‘can’t’ and ‘stop’, but they were spread apart. I was crying now, and I was punching his chest as hard as I could. This couldn’t be real. I couldn’t believe this was really happening to me. I was panicking. I heard a loud pop and screamed as loud as I could. I was balling my eyes out, and I crumpled. It hurt every time I breathed in. I finally thought to use my necklace. As soon as I did, he flew across the room and hit the wall, falling to the ground, out cold.

I stood up and felt a sharp pain shoot up in my ribs. He’d definitely broken at least one. I grabbed my Blitz from the table and dialed Kay’s number, squeezing my necklace like my life depended on it. I couldn’t stop crying. I couldn’t understand what had happened. I didn’t do anything wrong at all. It just didn’t make any sense to me. This was totally random. She picked up after the third ring.

“Hey, are you—Woah, Triv, what’s wrong?” she questioned once she’d heard me crying.

“I-I, an-and Nu-ri, and, p-pick me u-up?” I got out. I was crying too hard for her to understand the entire explanation.

“I’m on my way. Stay on the phone.” About fifteen minutes later, Kay sped into the driveway and beeped. I hung up with her and walked out to the car. I was trying to compose myself enough to tell her what happened.

“Are you hurt?” was the first thing she asked me. I nodded and lifted my shirt. My sides were deep purple already and you could see my rib out of place. It was obviously fractured. “Fuck.” She cursed, “do you still have health insurance?” When I nodded, she asked me where I’d put my insurance card. My eyes widened and I tried to ignore the throbbing pain of my ribcage and focus on where I’d put it during the move. Tears till came down my cheeks, though I’d composed myself quite a bit. I thought about all the important things I needed. Then I realized I’d put it in my receipt box, where I put the receipts for things like my ipod and my Blitz, and other things.

“R-receipt bo-box.” I stated. Here brow furrowed.

“Where is that? Did you put it on top of the fridge like you did when you lived with me and Ray?” she questioned. I nodded and she rushed out of the car and into the house. I fingered the chain on my necklace, hoping the god that she would be okay and Nuri would stay out cold. She ran out of the house, holding my insurance card in her hand.

The drive to the hospital was in silence, unless you count my sniffles from crying and the faint sound the engine. I thought back to his lavender and emerald eyes that bored into mine with their intense anger. I felt shivers go up my spine as I replayed the events of the kitchen. Then I realized I was clutching my necklace as if for dear life. I was shaking, and Kay’s hand was on my shoulder, assuring that it would all be fine. She didn’t have to say anything. I knew that the soft, yet firm hold on my shoulder meant that she believed it would all work out.

“Thank you, so much.” I said hoarsely. Her crystal blue eyes locked with mine for a moment before she glanced back at the road.

“Triv. You really don’t have to thank me. I know you would do more than just come get me if I was in your position for that. Do you know what set him off?” she asked.

“N-no.” I stuttered. “We kissed, and we were just standing in the kitchen and I said ‘I love you’ and he just started squeezing my sides. I-I kept telling him to stop, and then he just started screaming at me. I could hardly even understand him, and then my rib broke and I fell and then I finally thought to use my necklace and he hit the wall and passed out. I don’t understand what made him go berserk like that.” I explained. His eyes came back into my head and I shuddered again. Kay shook her head.

“Was that the first time you told him you loved him?” she asked. I furrowed my brow.

“I don’t think so. I mean, we’ve been together for so long…” I trailed off. “No, that definitely wasn’t the first time.” I decided.

“Then it’s totally random. I don’t get it. You guys seemed very… together last night.” She tried to find the right word.

“You think I don’t know that?!” I snapped. She pursed her lips and narrowed her eyes at the road. I immediately regretted losing my temper. “I’m sorry.” I said.

“Don’t worry about it. What are we going to tell the nurse when she asks what happened to you?” Kay asked. I shut my eyes and groaned, rubbing my temples, trying to think.

“We’ll tell her that I blacked out and called you when I came to on my kitchen floor.” I decided. She bit her lower lip, probably thinking that it wasn’t very clever. It would have to do. We couldn’t very well tell a nurse that my boyfriend went berserk and I used a damn necklace with powers of a sun to fend him off. That definitely wouldn’t fly. The nurse would probably have us sent for drug tests.

“We don’t have very many options, so it’ll have to work.” She stated, keeping her eyes on the road. I nodded in agreement. We sat in silence the rest of the way to the hospital. Oh, joy.
♠ ♠ ♠
wooh, i'm done.! and i'll bet that you guys totally weren't expecting this surprise ending. It all just came to me. I'm currently writing ch. 39. ill post 36 when i finish. and congrats, mibbians. you are officially caught up with my quizzillians. (:
-molly.