I Don't Care if the Necklace Fits! I'd Rather Not be Kidnapped by Immortals!

Chapter Thirty-Six

Chapter Thirty-Six

I was riding the high from my recent injection of pain medicine. When we went to t he ER, they set my rib backc into place and looked at my medical records to see if I'd ever hadbreathing problems. When I didn't, they asked if they could put a bandage around the fractgured rib. Apparently, usually they don't do that because it's proven to cause pneumonia somehow. I told them it was fine, becauseI honestly didn't care. They said that they needed to do it this time so that my ribs would heal better and faster. If I didn't have a bandage, it was likely that it would heal at the wrong angle, and I'd have breathing problems for the rest of my life.

So there I was, laying on Kay's couch. I wasn't allowed to do much. If the action led to heavy breathing, I wasn't allowed to do it. It really didn't matter. It wasn't like Nuri was around to tempt me with that anymore. I hadn't seen him since that day. I was thankful for the pain medicine because of that. As long as i was high, I didn't have to deal with it. I was probably going to be addicted to these injections by the time my rib healed, but I don't have to deal with that for another month. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and pulled it out.

From: Ari

? R U


I still had yet to tell the guys what happened. They were just getting back from the trip today, and I'd totally forgotten all about it.

To: Ari

Kay's house. I forgot to tell you guys. I broke my rib...


I pressed send and shut my eyes. He was going to make a big deal about it. They all would. I heard my ringtone and rolled my eyes. I opened my Blitz and answered.

"What the fuck? How the hell did you break a rib?! What did you do while we were gone?! " Ari exclaimed. He was obviously worried about me. I debated on whether I should tell him what really happened or not.

"Uhm... well is Nuri home?" I asked, avoiding the question.

"Yes but you're not talking to him until you giveme all the details." He declared. I decided not to tell him.

"I don't remember what happened. I remember waking up on the kitchen floor with Nuri passed out in front of me. i called Kay and had her drive me to the hostpital. I don't know." I added a few details in that I left out when I talked to the nurse.

"Don't lie to me, Victrivia." he scolded. I bit my lower lip.

"I swear I'm telling the truth." I assured. I thought about Nuri's angry eyes and shivered.

" Fine, don't tell me what really happened. I'll get it out of you the moment you take off that necklace." Ari stated.

"I'll tell you what really happened when we're alone." I said.

"I'll be over in ten minutes." he decided and hung up before I could protest. A few seconds later I heard my ringtone again. I looked at the caller ID.

Calling... Nuri<3

I pressed ignore. The ringing ceased and then started a few seconds later. he was going to keep calling. I pressed ignore again and when he called a third time, I pressed ignore and shut off my phone. The pain killers were wearing off, because I could feel my head throbbing for some reason and my ribs were a bitch too. I groaned and rolled over, falling asleep to escape the pain. I later awoke to Ari shaking me.

"Ray let me in." he informed. I nodded. "Now what happened? Did a demon attack you and nuri?" he asked.

"no... Nuri attacked me." I replied, tears pricking my eyes. I sat up and winced. They really needed to give me stronger pain meds.

"what are you talking about. There's no way. He loves you too damn much." He said in disbelief. I shook my head.

"Obviously not. I said 'I love you' and he just freaked out." I explained. Now he was the one shaking his head.

"Explain everything that happened." He demanded. I brought back the traumatic memory and felt my eyes water more. ]

"well we were in the kitchen and he kissed me and I said I loved him and he started to dig his nails into my skin. I asked him what was wrong and he just started squeezing harder. And every time I would tell him to stop or that he was hurting me, he just kept squeezing harder. I started to hit him, hard, too. and he just kept squeezing but then he was screaming things I couldn't understand. Then my rib just popped and I fell. That's when I grabbed the necklace and he flew to the other side of the room and passed out. Then Kay came and got me and took me to the hospital. So here I am." I went on. He shook his head.

"Can I see?" He asked. I lifted my shirt to reveal bandages going around my upper abdomen and purple marks peeking out from under them. He whistled to make a dramatic effect. "I'm going to fucking kill him." he said. Tears freely went down my face now.

"No!" I protested. "You can't!"

"And why the hell not?" He fractured one of your ribs! You didn't even deserve it! He should go right back where they sent him when he got kicked out of heaven!" He exclaimed. I was starting to lose control.

"Because I'm afraid of what he'll do if he finds out I told." I whispered, avoiding Ari's eyes. When I looked up, his anger had softened a little.

"What the hell happened to you? You used to be so tough and strong, and now that you've been made invincible with a single piece of jewelry, you're weak." he insulted. I felt my control slip and my shoulders shake with a single sob. He grabbed me by the shoulders and I gasped, looking into his face.

"Victrivia, I'm going to kill him. I Don't care if you're in love with him or if he's in love with you. He's broken you in every way possible. I'm going to destory him" he whispered. his eyes were cold and hard. I brought my hands up to my face and just cried into them. he pulled me into him and let me cry into his chest. When I finally looked up at him, he'd softened and was the normal Ari again. HE LOOKED CONCERNED AND UPSET.

"P-please don't." I begged, looking into his eyes. They were just as concerned as the rest of him.

"It's okay, I won't. I'm not going to say anything. But that doesn't mean I don't want to." He replied. Relief washed over my entire body and I hugged him.

"Thankyou so much." I said. He let me go.

"Are we telling Kayne and Kavan?" he asked.

"Just Kayne. I don't trust Kavan. And I want to tell him myself." I replied. He nodded, kissed my forehead and went back home. i grabbed my necklace and wished that I could see Elliot. I fell asleep, holding my necklace like that.

"Victrivia... Wake up!" an all too familiar voice called. I opened my eyes and looked into the face of the person I'd been wishing to see for years.

"Oh my god, Elliot." I whispered happily. He smiled at me and I kissed him deeply. He kissed back with just as much passion. I realized that I wasn't feeling pain and came to the realization that I was dreaming. I pulled away, frowning. He furrowed his brow.

"what's wrong? You can't be upset about this after what Nuri's done to you." he said. I lifted my shirt to see if the bandages were still there and got confused when they were.

"I'm sleeping?" I questioned. He smiled.

"Yes. You should know.You wanted to see me so badly that I was forced to come visit you. And here I am, darling." He explained, grinning. I nodded, understanding that my necklace had caused this to happen. I wondered whether I was still holding it. He grabbed my hands.

"I can't believe he hurt you." he said, looking at my stomach. I bit my lower lip and looked up at him.

"Do you know why?" I asked. I felt sort of silly for asking, but I wasn't sure. He was dead, after all. If he knew that Nuri had hurt me, he might now why.

"No, I''m as clueless as you are. Being a ghost, I have the plus of wandering around with any sun I would like. Ususally I just follow you around." He informed. I nodded, looking down. I felt guilty for being with Nuri in the first place now that Elliot was in front of me. He let go of my hand and liften my chin up, forcing me to look at him.

"I don't blame you for moving on, triv. You have no idea how hard it was to sit there and watch you cry over me for how long you did. I was relieved when you finally started going out again. However, I didn't like that Ryan guy from the start, I'll have you know." He scolded. I laughed through my nose lightly and he grinned.

"elliot, I love you so much. If we switched, I don't think I'd ever be able to watch you fall in love with someone else." I said, honestly. His smile faded.

"I don't think I could, babe. I..." He trailed off and went into thought. I grabbed my necklace and attempted to look into his head, finding that I couldn't. I let go and grabbed his hand, squeezing it lightly.

"You..." I said, urging him to finish. He bit his lower lip and stared at our intertwined fingers.

"I'm going to be totally honest with you. It wasn't that easy watching you fall in love with Nuri." He admitted. I immediately felt guilty, but that was probably the reason why he didn't whant to tell me in the first place, so I decided to lighten the mood.

"Good, I'd thought you'd gotten over me for a second." Ii joked, smiling. He looked up at me and smiled, obviously glad that I didn't tell him that I felt guilty or upset by his honesty.

"You know me so well, even after all this time." He stated. I smiled.

"I'm in love with you. Of course I'll still know you." I replied.

"Yeah well you could have used two answers to that. Either one would have made me feel horrible." He explained. I knew exactly what he meant. If I'd told him that he made me feel guilty for it, he'd feel terrible. If I would have gone with the alternative, he would have felt likke I didn't care about him anymore Making a Joke out of it was tuly the best way to go.

"I know." I said, kissing him lightly. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer, deepening the kiss. I wrapped my own arms around his neck. I'd wanted this moment more than anything in the world. When we pulled apart, he held me. It was now that I realized we were just sitting in the livingroom at Kay's.

"I love that." he remarked. I giggled and he smiled. "You don't understand. Not even the slightest bit of action in all that time that I've been dead? It's so not recommended for social creatures. i'm so glad that you have that necklace and you figured out a way to see me." he explained.

"I guess i won't know. You're already dead, so I'll have you." I pointed out. He chuckled and kissed me again. I deepened the kiss on my own and his hands started to go up and down my back slowly. We pulled apart again.

"I love you." I murmured. At first he smiled, but then it faded into a frown.

"That's exactly what happened when Nuri hurt you." He realized I cocked my head to the side. "If I wasn't dead, I'd kill him."

"Not you too!" I exclaimed, pushing him away and sitting on the couch. He sat on the coffee table right across from it.

"He hurt you. Hitting a girl is one thing, babe, but hurting you is all around horrible. I don't care what or who you are." He said. I shook my head.

"Are you aware that the person that hurt me the worst in my life was you? After you died I was never the same." I pointed out. His face went from anger to sadness in an instant.

"I know." he said, pulling away. Fuck. This was the first time I was seeing him in about five years and he was upset because of something I'd said.

"Elliot," I called, holding his shoulder. He shook it off and started to walk away. I began to panic. if he left, my dream was over, and who knew when I'd actually be happy again. "Don't you dare leave me to wake up to the shitty life I have waiting on the other side of my consciousness. I have a boyfriend that is probably plotting on how to either kill me or get me back and I have a ton of pain because of him." I eclaimed. He paused for a moment and stopped. I felt relief go through me but started to panic when he kept walking. Tears pricked my eyes.

"ELLIOT!" I screamed. I was crying now. "Please don't leave. I-I'm afraid to go back to it. I'm scared of him. He proved that he could very easily overpower me and I'm scared. Itold people, Elliot. Two people know that he hurt me. What's he going to do when he figures that out?" he paused again. "What if he finds a way to get the necklace off of me? Then we'll never see each other again. You'll want nothing more than to go back to this moment right here and stay as long as you possibly can." I felt my voice cracking. He turned and looked at me, his face hard. "Don't even say you wouldn't, either. We both know you would." I challenged.

He walked back to me, grabbed me by the shoulders and crushed his lips with mine. I pulled on his hair and kissed back with just as much force. We kissed for a long time, and I had a feeling our time together was running out. I wanted to stay with him. We pulled away, breathing heavily, and he brought his hand up to my face.

"I would die for you." I whispered. he smiled.

"I'd say I'd do the same, but I already have." He joked. I smiled up at him and kissed him lightly.

"I wish that this dream could last forever. I feel like it's my fault you died." I admitted. He wiped away a tear that had rolled down my cheek with his thumb.

"If there is one thing that I will never understand, it would be how I ended up being so goddamn lucky to have you all to myself. You couldn't even comprehen yow strongly I love you, babe." He whispered. I looked into his eyes, just like I had when he said those words to me the first time. Then I kissed him deeply. He kissed me back and played with my hair.

If I had to explain to you how deeply those words had struck me, I wouldn't know where to start. I wanted to much just to stay with him there.

"I love you so much." I whispered back.

"I have to go soon." He murmured. I pulled him closer and he chuckled. "You're going to wake up. It's almost noon." I looked into his eyes and he stared into mine. he kissed me on the nose and grinned.

"Wait for me." I whispered.

"Forever and always. I love you, Victrivia. Don't ever forget it." He said.


When I opened my eyes I saw the light flood into the room. I closed my eyes and tried with every fiber of my being to go back to sleep for three reasons: my head, my ribs, and Elliot. It didn't work, much to my disappointment. I rolled over and got up, walking into the kitchen and opening the medicine cabinet, ignoring the sharp pain shooting from my ribs with every breath I took. I pulled out the syringe and took a deep breath, wincing a little after doing so. Then I injected my pain medicine. After a few minutes, I felt better.

"If there is one thing that I will never understand, it would be how I ended up being so goddamn lucky to have you all to myself. You couldn't even comprehend how strongly I love you, babe." I whispered, smiling. I hoped that what I'd dreamed was real. That Elliot really was a ghost that I couldn't see and he followed me around. Because that would me that he was there to hear me. I sighed before walking back onto the couch and laying down, going through my dreams events in my head. It was definitely the best sleep I'd ever had.
♠ ♠ ♠
four more chapters left. I'm sorry that it took me so long to convert this over here. I just... haven't gotten to it I guess. I've started a new story that I'll be posting once I get the first ten chapters written. I'll put up the prologue eventually. just be patient with me. I'll probably end up putting it up a little bit before school starts back up. we'll see how things work out.
KLOVEYOUALL.!
-molly.