I Don't Care if the Necklace Fits! I'd Rather Not be Kidnapped by Immortals!

Chapter Thirty-Seven

Chapter Thirty-Seven

If I had to tell you what I’d done all day, I don’t think I could. First of all, I was on drugs. Second, I didn’t really do anything worth remembering. What I do remember, though, was about halfway through the day, I realized that my phone was still off from the night before. I turned it back on. I was greeted with an alert.

Two New Voice Messages.

I dialed my voice mail and immediately recognized the first message as Ari’s.

“Hey, Kayne’s going to be coming over later today… Why’d you turn your phone off? Call me back. We’re worried about you.” Click. I pressed 7 to delete the message, and then it went to the next one.

“Listen… I, uh… We need to talk. Call me, I guess. Uhmm.” Click. I pressed seven and then shut my phone and put my head in my hands. I loved Nuri. I really, truly loved him. I could feel my body shake with grief.

“Goddamnit, Victrivia, will you get the fuck over yourself?” My best friend said in disgust from the doorway. I looked up and my jaw dropped. I’d never heard her talk to me in such a manner. “I understand that your boyfriend just beat you and you’re scared, but it’s not the end of the world. I mean, you’re going to get over this just like you got over Elliot’s death and got over the Unspeakable Event.” she urged. I bit my lower lip and another tear slid down my cheek.

“It’s not easy.” I defended. I felt a smack on my face and my jaw dropped and my eyes bulged out of my head. I couldn’t believe what she’d just done.

“Pull yourself together! I’m so sick of watching you mope around all day and do nothing about this! You’ve changed so fucking much! I’m fed up with it!” She yelled. I was in shock. “No Victrivia Amorette Ambrosine would ever let anyone with a dick lay a hand on her like that without having hell to pay. Even if you didn’t have a dick, you were in for one hell of a wake-up call. You used to be so fucking strong, and now you’re nothing. You hear me? Nothing. You’re untouchable, and you’re more scared than I’ve ever seen you in your entire life. It’s fucking ridiculous. Now get your ass off my couch and go give that man hell!” she screamed. I came to the realization that she was right. I had every reason to be scared of him the first time I met him, but now I was invincible, just like Ari had said. It literally had taken one big slap in the face for me to get it. This got me pissed the fuck off. I grabbed her arm and twisted it behind her, my face completely hard.

“Don’t ever slap me again. Best friend or not, I’ll rip your fucking head off.” I could feel the fire in my eyes. She smirked.

Finally!” she exclaimed. I let go of her arm and she let out the breath that I’d seen her holding. I grabbed my phone and called Kayne. First I needed to tell him what happened. Then I needed to let Nuri know that whether he’d been to hell or not, it really didn’t hold a fury like a woman’s scorn, as corny as it sounds. I was pissed.

Later…

“So could you please drive me back to the house so I could get this settled with Nuri?” I begged Kayne. He shook his head. I’d just explained what happened and told him that I wanted him to pay hell for it.

“There’s no way I’m going to drive you there just so that you can get yourself killed. If he can manage to do that to you, he could easily do other things.” He stated.

“Kayne. I’ll find a way there, whether you drive me or not.” I pointed out. He bit his lower lip and I reached into his mind. I’ve been becoming so good at doing this that sometimes I don’t even have to grab the necklace to do so. This was one of those times. I could see that he knew I was right, but still didn’t want me anywhere near Nuri. He was also debating on whether he should confront Nuri about it and ruin the secrets. But then there would be even more reason for me to stay hidden, and eventually he was going to figure out where Kaylynne and Ray lived. He decided against it.

“No. I’m not driving you to your death. I’m sorry.” He decided, getting up. I just shook my head and let him leave. I decided that tomorrow I was going to give Nuri a nice little surprise at that point. He left and I looked at my phone to see what time it was. To my surprise, it was almost eleven. I smiled to myself, realizing I had to go to bed soon, which meant another visit to Elliot. I yawned and then grabbed my necklace, laying down. I just focused on my sheer want to see Elliot again, and found myself drifting into sleep.

“Victrivia Amorette Ambrosine you areso not going to fight Nuri.” Elliot’s voice scolded. I smiled with my eyes closed, then opened them.

“You have absolutely no power over what I do. Can’t we just go through tonight happily? I don’t want a repeat of what happened last time. You almost left me, you know that?” I pointed out. He smirked and sat down next to me before kissing my cheek. His face had a curious look about it, and I raised an eyebrow, urging him to share.

“…Do you think that the voicemail Nuri sent you… I was trying to figure out if he wanted to set things right or… something else.” He pondered. I bit my lower lip, wishing that we could just drop that subject.

“I don’t know.” I said bluntly. He pulled me onto his lap, and I turned so that I was straddling him. “Do you watch me all the time?” I asked randomly. He smirked.

“Why, is there something you don’t want me to see?” He challenged, his hands playing with the hem of my shirt.

“You’ve already seen all of me.” I pointed out. He smiled mischievously.

“And damn did I miss touching it.” He stated, his hands running up my shirt and letting my curves guide his fingers. I giggled, kissing him lightly. His hands fell to my ass and began to find their way under my shorts. I pressed myself against him and he took this as a green light.

There was something very different about the way Elliot touched me in contrast to how Nuri touched me. When Nuri looked into my eyes, they were always hungry for more, and he touched me with sheer want. When Elliot touched me, I was the one who was hungry for more. Elliot may have looked rugged and tough, but he was less likely to hurt me than Ray. And the likelihood of Ray ever hurting me was between slim and none.

I pulled off Elliot’s shirt and realized how much I’d missed seeing his scarred body. We were both breathing heavily and Elliot tugged my shirt upward, asking for permission with his eyes. He was granted with it when I pulled it over my head and threw it somewhere behind us in one swift movement. He bit his lower lip and shook his head when he was greeted with my bandages and bruises.

“I can’t believe he did this to you.” He murmured. “I really can’t.” I groaned aloud and pushed myself off of him. It was so agitating.

“Can’t we go ten minutes without talking about him?” I asked. He looked at me guiltily.

“I’m sorry,” he said, getting up and pulling me close to him. Then he smirked. “I’ll make it up to you.” I felt him pulling on my shorts and put on a devilish grin. He pushed me onto the couch and ripped off my shorts, throwing them across the room, leaving me half-naked on the couch. Then he jumped on top of me and kissed me greedily. I smirked into the kiss when a thought struck me.

“You know what a plus is about your being dead?” I asked once he went down to leave butterfly kisses down my body.

“Hmmm mm.” he mumbled. I felt a certain something rubbing against my leg.

“No condom needed.” I whispered with a devilish tone. The certain something seemed to get harder after my saying this. He backed off of my chest and looked me in the eye.

“You just made this night that much better by pointing that out to me. Thank-you so much.” He said. I smirked at him as he was already unclasping my bra.

“Goddamn did I miss you,” I stated as he accomplished his goal.
---

“Babe.” Elliot called. We were just laying in each others arms, whispering to each other every now and then. We were no doubt any less in love with each other than we were the first time we’d done that.

“Mmmm?” I mumbled, burying my head in his chest. He chuckled lightly.

“You have to wake up soon.” He pointed out. I made a mumble of protest, earning myself another soft chuckle. I could feel his chest vibrate with laughter. “Triv, come on. You have to wake up soon.” He said again. I pulled my head out of his bare chest and looked into his eyes.

“Why can’t I just stay here with you?” I wondered aloud. He smiled sadly at me and shook his head.

“Because you’re not dead. And I would like you to stay not dead, therefore I’m forbidding you to see Nuri tomorrow.” He stated. I frowned at him.

“Elliot,” I whined. He put a finger to my lips.

“No, you’re not going. I don’t care how badly you want to. If you love me, you will not go.” He decided. I glared at him.

“That’s not fair!” I exclaimed, a little more loudly than I’d meant to. He raised an eyebrow.

“It’s not fair that I don’t want you to be six feet under?” he questioned. I groaned, pushing him away.

“You can’t tell me what to do, Elliot.” I replied with newfound courage. His face got hard, all amusement gone.

“And why not?” He dared, seeing if I would say the four obvious words that formed the answer. I took the challenge head on.

“Because you are dead.” I answered coolly. He sighed inwardly and sat up, moving to the far end of the couch. He looked down at his hands. He closed his eyes and exhaled slowly.

“I love you,” he whispered. After he said it, he opened his eyes and stared into my own. I felt myself soften. I moved closer.

“I’m sorry,” I apologized, instantly regretting pointing out the obvious earlier. I reached for his hand, but he moved away and pulled on his clothes.

“You have to go soon.” He said to his pants. It was now my turn to sigh.

“Elliot,” I called as he pulled his shirt over his head. He still wouldn’t look at me, but managed to throw my panties in my direction. I pulled them on and pulled my bra on too, but stopped at my shorts to get him to talk to me. “Elliot.” I said again. I held his shoulder firmly. Now he finally turned to look at me.

“Victrivia,” he murmured as he looked at me. “I really, truly do not want you to get hurt. It nearly killed me to watch him hurt you the first time and not do something about it. If not for yourself, please, for me, will you not go to him tomorrow. I know you probably won’t listen despite my best efforts… but I love you too damn much to watch him hurt you again.” He whispered. His eyes were glossier than usual, and he held me now. I hugged him, avoiding answering him.

“I love you too.” I replied, barely above a whisper.


I sat up and winced from the pain in my ribs. I could feel my head throb again and groaned. As good as it was that I’d gotten out of there before I’d had to promise Elliot that I wouldn’t go to Nuri today, I hated waking up from such good dreams. I mean, it was the dream every girl has that a guy like that would come into her life. When you actually had the dream, you woke up and were always disappointed. In my case, it was definitely not any better.

I walked into the kitchen, trying to ignore the pain and rummaged through the cabinet for my pain pills. I dry-swallowed two and stood there, waiting for the numbness to kick in. When it finally did, I took a deep breath and found myself grinning. Nuri was in for one hell of a wake-up call. I felt my fingers itch to grab my necklace. It was show time.
♠ ♠ ♠
hmmm so that's chapter thirty-seven for you. I'm actually updating this on time now. The only thing that's irritating is that I get my head wrapped around this story and think about it when my head should be wrapped around the new story. GAHH. oh well. I'm currently writing chapter 3 of the new story. you guys get an update when my quizillians send me seven messages.
but I also really like comments. Those are fun too (:
KLOVEYOUALL!
-molly.