I Don't Care if the Necklace Fits! I'd Rather Not be Kidnapped by Immortals!

Chapter Thirty-Nine

Chapter Thirty-Nine

I don’t know when, I don’t know how, but some way, Nuri had become a demon in the time we had broken up. Now, this wouldn’t have been a problem if we hadn’t had sex. Because we had, he had the capacity to do everything. Every possible thing that I’d been able to do with my necklace, he was now capable of doing. And that scared the hell out of me. I watched as he floated upward, laughing still and I fell to my knees. I couldn’t believe he’d been able to deceive me. It all suddenly made sense. He wanted me to be hurt. He was a demon, and he could care less about me in reality. That was what hit me the hardest. He had been able to make me think that he’d really wanted to stay with me for the rest of my life. And now it was all blown away to reveal the ugly truth. Nuri had used me. He was a powerful demon, now even more powerful than I could have imagined.

There was more shouting out in the hallway before the door was kicked open. I don’t remember much from there. I just remember someone’s soft voice cooing into my ear, telling me to hang on. Everything was fuzzy, and there were shouts and grunts and yelling. I reached up and felt wetness on my cheek. I was crying. Either crying or bleeding. That’s when I passed out, drowning everything out with a numb blackness.

Later…

I awoke to a wave of pain and moaned. I was laying in a bedroom I’d never seen before. I tried to remember anything that might have led to my ending up here, but failed to do so. The only thing I could remember was getting ready in a damn sexy outfit to go beat Nuri’s ass. I looked down at myself and saw that I’d been covered in a purple comforter. I kicked it off. I was wearing a purple cami and light pink shorts that hardly covered my ass. When I’d kicked off the comforter, I felt another wave of pain, but this one was much worse. I yelled in agony and someone came rushing into the room. It was Ari, with two pills and a glass of water in his hand.

“Take these.” He urged. I looked up at him with desperate eyes. The look in his said it all. He was scared. He was upset. Something was troubling him. I gingerly took the pills and fell into a dreamless slumber.

Later…

This time, I woke up with a start. Someone was at the door and had their back to it. It was Kavan. Blood was pouring down the side of his head.

“Jump out the window. Get as far away from here as you possibly can. Don’t worry, we’ll fend them off as long as we can.” He ordered. I didn’t feel pain this time. I looked at him with confusion.

“What’s going on?” I asked.

Go.” He said again. I looked at him sadly and saw the panic in his eyes. I knew, somehow, that this could be the last time I’d see him. I walked to him, laid a hand gingerly on his cheek and kissed him lightly on the lips. When I pulled away, he had a small glimmer of hope left in his eyes. It wasn’t much, but it was something more than the panic that I’d seen.

“Take care of yourself, sweet.” He called as I briskly opened the window before leaping into the bushes a few feet below. I could feel tears run down my face as I was running into the woods not far from the unfamiliar house. I had no idea what was going on in there, but my memory was slowly coming back to me. I was getting flashes of the fight with Nuri in my head and I heard yelling from the house. Once I was far enough that I knew I was out of earshot, I started crying audibly as I ran. It was night time.

Once I knew I’d had to have run at least two miles, I stopped. I had no clue as to where I was or what was going on. I didn’t know the “them” that Kavan was currently trying to fend off. The only thing I knew was that they were angry, obviously. And they were looking for me. I sat down and prayed that if there was a God in this world that he would let Kavan and the other guys live through this fight. I didn’t want them hurt, and if they died trying to help me, I would never forgive myself. I reached up to grab my necklace but found it wasn’t there. That’s when I fell down and balled my eyes out. I didn’t even have Elliot to comfort me while I slept.

“Elliot,” I whispered. “I’m so sorry. I should have listened to you when you told me not to fight him. I wish I did. It was my fault that you died, and now it’s going to be my fault if they do, too.” I felt the tears run down my face like a river that just wouldn’t end. There was a tight feeling in my chest and I suddenly couldn’t breathe. It felt like I was being choked, and I clawed at the invisible hand that seemed to choke me, but there was nothing there.

“Oh, Victrivia, how I’ve missed you so. Those boys thought they could keep you from me, but I knew they would try and have you run away. Wondering how I caught up so fast? Well it’s all explained when I show you this…” Nuri trailed off, holding my necklace in his hand. I was starting to panic and I needed oxygen badly. He chuckled at my desperation and I was let go by the invisible hand. I gasped audibly and my lungs burned when the air hit them. I breathed shakily and looked up at my ex-boyfriend with hate burning in my eyes.

“Nuri, I’ve never been able to say that I honestly hated someone in my entire life. But on all counts, you beat everything. I absolutely hate you.” I said hoarsely, acid dripping from every word. I stared into his different colored eyes that I’d dreamed about for so long. A small portion of them seemed hurt by what I’d just said, but mostly it was amused. And just as fast as that portion had come, it went.

“So does this mean we’re breaking up?” he asked, cocking his head to the side with an amused grin on his face. I slowly got to my feet and went inches from his face before spitting directly into it. He smacked me hard enough that I knew that he had left a red hand mark on my face. I winced. Tears burned my eyes but I refused to let them fall.

“You may have beat me up pretty damn good the first time, but now I have an entire army on my side. Now I have your pretty little necklace. Now I’m the most powerful demon to have ever breathed. And it’s all thanks to you, darling. I just have to cut off a few loose ends and I’ll be the most powerful immortal to have ever lived.” He said evilly. I glared at him. I hated him.

I grabbed my necklace from his hands and held it, fury burning inside me like a small flame that had just been fed gasoline. I ripped it from his hands and felt myself floating upwards. Suddenly, I realized what I’d just done. Yes, we’d had sex. But that meant I had just as much power as he did. It just depended on who held the necklace. I knew, that in this moment, all of the power was mine to have. But I set it all aside, my fury faltered and I just wished myself back at Kay’s apartment. I opened my eyes, not realizing that I’d squeezed them shut in my attempt to calm myself down. I was alone, in Kay’s apartment. Well, what once would have been Kay’s apartment. It was trashed. Nuri must have raided it in attempt to find me. My heart jumped in my chest when I heard someone moan from the next room.

I sprinted into the room and saw Ray, completely beaten and bruised, laying on the kitchen floor, half conscious. I felt hot tears prick my eyes. This was my fault.

“Oh, Ray.” I groaned, falling to my knees beside him. He opened his bruised eyes slightly, as if afraid of what he might see in front of him. When he saw my face contorted into a sad and upset look, he opened his eyes fully and gave me a weak smile.

“It’s good to see you’re still in one piece.” He said in a raspy voice. I felt tears fall down my cheeks. He frowned and brought his thumb up to wipe them away. “Now, now, no crying in my house.” He joked weakly.

“Ray, this is my entire fault. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to forgive myself for this.” I choked. He frowned.

“Triv, it’s not your fault that you have a psychotic, abusive ex-boyfriend that wants your necklace because it has powers beyond what he’d ever be able to accomplish.” He assured, glancing down at the alexandrite pendant. I gave him a small smile.

“When did you find out?” I asked. He looked at my small smile and returned it.

“The night you left to fight Nuri. That Ari guy brought you back here and I demanded to know what was going on. He explained everything to me.” He informed. I nodded at him, knowing for a fact that by “I demanded to know what was going on” he meant “I threatened to beat him to a bloody pulp if he didn’t tell me.”

“Always over-protective.” I stated.

“Is that a bad thing?” he inquired. I looked at his beaten body sadly.

“Look where it has you now.” I pointed out. He looked down at his broken self and then back up at me. He opened his mouth to say something, then closed it and furrowed his brow.

“Touché.” He finally said. I laughed through my nose. Ray, always trying to make me smile. I grinned down at him with tears blurring my vision.

“I’m so sorry.” I said again. He shook his head.

“Like I said before. This isn’t your fault.” He argued. I bit my lower lip.

“Where’s Kaylynne?” I finally asked. He looked down at himself and let out an angry sigh, completely avoiding my gaze. My eyes widened in fear and I prayed for news better than what I was expecting. “Ray, I swear to god, if you don’t tell me what happened to her, so help me, I will—” he cut me off.

“Okay, relax. I uhm. She. Ugh.” He groaned. I stared down at him, urging him to go on. “Okay, look. Kay and I are kind of… done.” He explained. Relief and concern washed over me all at once. I let out the breath that I was holding in.

“Oh, thank God.” I gushed. He looked at me, bewildered.

“You’re happy we’re over?” he questioned. I realized my mistake.

“Oh, no. God, no. I thought you were going to tell me she was dead.” I explained. He nodded in understanding. “What happened anyway?” I asked.

“Well we were both at a party, and I guess it was my fault, really. ‘Cause I really pissed her off, and then she went off and did her own thing, and I was fine with that, I really was. She was pretty trashed and towards the end of the party, I walked into the kitchen to meet her. That’s what we always do, go into the kitchen at the end of a party and from there things will happen. Well, I walked in, and she wasn’t there. So, I remembered this one time when she was keeping an empty room for us. So I walked around upstairs… and I saw her… with… someone.” He explained. My mouth went agape.

“I don’t believe for one minute she would cheat on you.” I stated. His eyes darkened.

“I saw them, Victrivia.” He said in his warning tone. I backed off, just shaking my head.

“So now what do I do?” I asked. He looked at me and gave me a half smile.

“Now you get my ass off the ground and help me start healing these damn wounds.” He said. I laughed, and grabbed my necklace, wishing Ray better. He let out a sigh of relief and his body was no longer broken.

“Damn do I love that thing,” he remarked, gesturing towards my necklace.

“You’re not the only one.” I answered, fingering the chain lightly. He gave me a toothy smile.

“Come on. Let’s clean up this mess.” He said. “And no, I don’t mean this shitty apartment.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Everyone seems to be confused about this whole Nuri being a demon thing. He wasn't a demon all the time that they knew one another. He became a demon in the time that Triv had lived with Kay and Ray. And once she moved back with Ari, Kavan, Kayne, and Carsyn, he was already a demon. The entire time it was just a plot for power. That's why he kept trying to get into her pants. ANYWAY, I'm probably going to put up the last chapter some time this week. idk, we'll see.
K I LOVE YOU ALL.!
-molly.