I Don't Care if the Necklace Fits! I'd Rather Not be Kidnapped by Immortals!

Chapter Five

I awoke on the feather bed with no arms around me anymore. I glanced over next to me and saw that Kavan had left. Damn. He was good company. I propped my head up on my good arm to see if Ari and Kayne were still asleep. They were both there.

My stomach reminded me that I hadn’t eaten much yesterday. Which also reminded me that I needed to ask somebody hy the hell I was here already. I stood up and started to hop my way over to Ari. I kicked him with my bad foot and winced slightly as his eyes fluttered open.

“Victrivia?” he said groggily. I smiled down at him.

“Yeah. I woke you up because first of all, I want to know why I’m here. And second, I’m hungry and there’s no way I’m making it down those freaking stairs. And third, don’t call me by that.” I explained. He nodded.

“I’ll help you.” Ari stated, ignoring my question. I gave him a look that said I’d let it slide this time, but next time I asked I wasn’t going to let him off the hook so easy. He picked me up bridal style. I didn’t bother holding onto him. I was sure his arms could carry me down the stairs without dropping me. And if they couldn’t, I’d blame him for the new limb that would be broken.

He carried me down the stairs and into the kitchen, and setting me down at the counter seat. I really hated those stairs.

“Okay, so what do you want me to make you?” he asked. Great, now I can’t even feed myself. This was getting more pitiful by the hour.

“I guess I want…” I began thinking of what I could possibly want, “Grilled cheese! And three tacos! Extra spicy, extra cheese, extra lettuce, extra big, basically. Four brownies and some alfredo noodles!” He laughed at my request and pulled out so many ingredients. I sat there, wishing I’d brought down my iPod. So what I did was play with my nails for the hour and a half that he cooked for me.

He didn’t cook the brownies. Apparently, they had gotten some from Giant Eagle. When he finished the grilled cheese, the tacos were half done. I devoured the grilled cheese in four bites and sat patiently as he stirred the alfredo.

“Seriously, though, Ari. Why am I here? Like, why did you guys kidnap me? What makes me so special?” I questioned, still playing with my nails. I heard him sigh.

“Can’t we just drop the subject, Triv? First of all, it’s a long story. And second, there are quite a few secrets involved that I simply can’t tell you.” He replied.

“Ooh, secrets?” I said, bouncing in my seat. “Come on, Ari! I can keep a secret! Will you tell me? Will ya? Will ya? Pleease! Please, please, please tell me!” I begged. Puppies would be put to shame with the absolutely adorable look that I’d practiced in the mirror four million and seven times to perfect.

“No. That’s the end of this discussion! And wipe that look off your face. It’s cute, but I refuse to tell you.” Damn, he still didn’t budge! I’ll get him to tell me eventually…

“Why?” I whined, “Come on, Ari! I really could keep it! I won’t tell anyone!”

“You know, I could have sworn that I’d said end of discussion.” He mused. I groaned and set my chin on the table with a grumpy look on my face. The grumpy look didn’t last long, because my tacos finished at the same time as my alfredo, and food was my hobby.

I would have finished the alfredo off in a good seven seconds flat, but it was hot and it burned my mouth.

“DAMN! Freaking hot food. Why’s it got to be so freaking hot? I hate tongues that can burn. Whoever decided that making our tongues able to burn should burn in hell for eternity! Because whoever decided that just ruined my meal.” I ranted.

After a good couple minutes, the alfredo cooled off. That’s when I consumed the entire bowl and licked it clean. It was fucking delicious. I love alfredo.

“Remind me to time you next time.” Ari insisted.

“I’m sure you’ll remember on your own.” I replied and started to consume my tacos. After the first one, I realized that extra extra spicy was really fucking spicy.

“AHHH! HOT! HOT! WATER! COKE! SPRITE! GET ME SOMETHING!” I screamed. Ari laughed as he poured me a glass of Coca Cola. I was waving my hands at my mouth as if that would help. Why? I don’t know. Everyone does it. It never really helps at all. I chugged half the coke down and the spicy sensation in my mouth faded.

“Muuuch better.” I stated. It took three cokes for me to finish all my tacos. Kayne walked in as I was finishing off my seventh brownie. I know, I said I wanted four, but there were twelve, and I was convinced that I could shove six in my mouth at once. Ari disagreed.

“You’re going to choke and I’m going to laugh my ass off.”

“Bafs maw hulfee. Aw af maksh oo shih! Ool be cawfipayed.” I retorted. He laughed harder. It was supposed to be ‘That’s not healthy. Your ass makes you shit! You’ll be constipated.’ But it came out sounding like I had my mouth full. Which happened to be the case. This was when Kayne had walked in. I shoved another brownie into my mouth. That made five…

“Dude. When did you talk like a fucktard?” Kayne asked.

“Finf I wike browief!” I yelled. Both Kayne and Ari laughed at me. I looked over at Ari.

“Waw ah weef um ott cawfipayed!”

“I got well, I’m and not from that.” Kayne replied. I shoved the last brownie into my mouth.

“I wim!” I yelled in triumph.

“Nuh-uh! That’s only five!”

“Maww if fif!” I insisted.

“Lies!”

“Muh-BWAHHHH!” I screamed because Kayne had given me a wedgie. I spit the six brownies all over Ari. At this point everyone was laughing except Ari. Kayne was on the floor laughing and my sides hurt.

“Dude, dude, dude, you have brownies all over your face!” Kayne said in between laughs. Ari just glared at him.

“Well now I have no brownies in my mouth!” I yelled, clutching my sides. They ached from laughing so hard. Ari gave us the dirtiest looks ever and just got up and left Kayne and I to compose ourselves. It took us a while, but we managed to do it after a while.

“Okay. That was too fucking funny.” Kayne said. I nodded in agreement, smiling. My mind began to wander and then I thought about why I was here again.

“Kayne? I have a question for you.” I stated, looking at him curiously.

“What is it?” he asked, beginning to get concerned.

“Why am I here?” I said. He had a pained look in his eyes like he wanted to tell me, but couldn’t. I sighed, already knowing that I wasn’t going to find out.

“I wish I could tell you. Really, I do. But there are a bunch of secrets involved that… oh dear lord, please don’t give me that look!” I’d given him my perfected puppy face, knowing that, unlike Ari, it would be really hard for him to resist.

“Please?” I begged, ready to let tears pour down my cheeks if necessary.

“Victrivia… please don’t.” he pleaded, seeing my watery eyes. Oh, I know. I’m fucking good.

“Kayne!” I choked out with a fake sob.

“Dude. Stop. Please. I’m not allowed to tell you. I want to, but I can’t.” I let my tears fall down my face, trying with every fiver of my being not to smirk. Suddenly I was pulled into a hug.

“Don’t cry. Please, don’t cry.” He breathed into my ear. I smiled on the inside and sniffled. “I’m sorry I can’t tell you.” Suddenly I got really pissed off. I pushed him away, wiping the tears off of my face.

“You know what? Take me home. I don’t want to be here. I want to go home to Kay and Ray and the parties every fucking weekend. I want to go back to partying and not giving a fuck in the world for anyone but Kaylynne and Ray. Take me home right fucking now.” I demanded. I really did miss them. The parties I could live without.

“You can’t go home.” He stated, looking rather hurt. Good. He fucking deserved it.

“Who says you can tell me if I’m allowed to go home or not? I’m going to go the fuck home and you’re going to be the one driving.” I insisted.

“No, Triv.” He said.

“Take me home right fucking now!” I screeched. He shook his head, his hurt look never leaving his eyes. I felt the sting of tears on my eyes and refused to cry for real. There was no way in hell that I was going to let him see me that vulnerable. I never cried. Not since… I shook the thought of my past away. Nobody was going to see me cry again. Not for real.

I sighed in frustration and wanted to storm up the stairs to the room I’d been staying in. Just because he slept in that room, too didn’t mean I couldn’t lock him out.

“Victrivia,” he breathed, stroking my cheek. I slapped his hand away.

“Don’t fucking touch me.” I hissed. He suddenly glared at me. Then he left me in the kitchen alone. I wished I was at Kaylynne’s house watching our favorite sad movies with four bowls of popcorn. I smiled at the memory. It was something we did every Sunday night. A tradition, I guess. I didn’t even know what day it was. But I tried to imagine Kay sitting there alone with her own two bowls of popcorn. I couldn’t see it. The image didn’t look right at all to me.

I wanted my best friend. She was probably doing everything in her power to figure out where I was. I wanted her here with me right now. She was the only one who knew about my past. She truly was my best friend. I felt so helpless right now. I wanted to be home.

“Oh, please. Are you seriously about to cry? Does baby wanna bottle?” Nuri mocked me as he walked into the room.

“Burn in hell.” I replied. He shot me a rude look and grabbed an apple.

“Touchy.” He pointed out.

“If you’re not going to take me home, go the fuck away, you worthless piece of space.” I spat. Soon I was up against the wall by my neck again. This just kept getting more and more fun.

“Watch what you say to me.” He warned. I glared at him.

“Why the fuck should I listen to you?” I questioned.

“Because I could cut open your pretty little neck right now if I really wanted to.” He pointed out.

“Go the fuck ahead. If I’m not going home, and nobody’s telling me why I’m here, it’s just a waste of space.” I agreed, honestly not caring for his threat.

“Exactly my point…” He said and dropped me to my feet. I would have normally cried out in pain from the weight on my ankle but right now I didn’t care. Knowing I wasn’t going to see Kaylynne and Ray again was torture. Never watching I Am Sam or A Walk to Remember for the millionth time with Kay. Never calling Ray to drive me home after a night of being wasted. Never being able to give him the biggest hug ever every morning when he offered me a ride to school. Never fooling around with nine guys per night at parties. Then again, the last one was what got me here in the first place.

I would have let all my tears pour out right then and there if Nuri hadn’t been standing right there. I suddenly felt in my veins that it was his fault I was here. I couldn’t really explain to you how I knew it. It was like a sudden realization washed over me.

“You’re not going to kill me.” I realized.

“Don’t be so sure of yourself, honey.” He retorted.

“And it’s your fault that I’m here,” I went on.

“How do you know…” he trailed off, now confused at my knowledge.

“I blame you for the fact that I can never watch my favorite movies with Kaylynne, or call Ray to drive me home after a night of being wasted, or giving him hugs when he offers me a ride, or fooling around with guys at parties, or eating ice cream with Kay and talking all night,” I continued on and on with things like these that I was going to miss. The list went on for an entire, long breath. Nuri just stood there and took it. Tears had fallen down my face and somehow I’d managed to get onto my feet and get into his face.

“Are you done?” he asked, once I’d had to stop because my sobbing was making it hard to talk.

“No, I’m not done! I could go on for days telling you all the things I’m going to miss out because of you!” I screeched between sobs.

“Now, would you please explain to me how you know that it was my fault that you ended up here.” He said calmly. I shrieked in frustration. This was when I finally noticed that Ari, Kayne, and Kavan were standing in the doorway watching as I screamed into his face. They seemed shocked. I wasn’t sure if it was because I was having an emotional breakdown or that I’d managed to get across the room. Maybe they were just surprised that I’d decided to scream into his face. That was probably it.

“I just fucking know! Now would somebody please take me home!?” I begged, looking over to the guys in the doorway. They all stared at me in shock. Nobody said anything for a long time.

I wasn’t sure if it was stress, the fact that the bandage on my head hadn’t been changed, or what, but I collapsed onto the floor right there.

Kavan’s POV

I’d froze in the doorway when I heard Victrivia say it. She was saying that Nuri wasn’t going to kill her. Bad idea on her part. If it hadn’t been for the fact that she needed to stay alive, he would have torn her apart right then and there.

“Don’t be so sure of yourself, honey.” The statement was so true. This was when Ari had stood next to me. He sent me a worried glance.

“And it’s your fault I’m here.” She went on. Nuri froze. He looked completely lost. I was puzzled, too. Kayne hadn’t told her, and Nuri didn’t tell her. Ari sent me a questioning look. I shook my head. Apparently Ari hadn’t told her either. So how did she know…? I scanned her mind for any thought as to who told her. She didn’t think of anyone. She spat out memories she’d shared of her and friends and parties at him. Tears rolled down her cheeks like a waterfall. She stopped yelling at him once her words were unintelligible.

“Are you done?” he asked finally.

“No, I’m not done! I could go on for days telling you all the things I’m going to miss out because of you!” she screeched. This was where Kayne walked in, looking horrified. If Nuri didn’t kill her, she was going to be one beat up girl.

“Now, would you please explain to me how you know that it was my fault that you ended up here?” he said, calmly. She shrieked in frustration. My jaw dropped in amazement. He didn’t kill her! It was a miracle! He didn’t even hurt her! I noticed her glance over at us for the first time. She looked away and I took my time in closing my jaw.

“I just fucking know! Now would somebody please take me home!?” She pleaded, tears pouring out of her eyes. We were all shocked. How did she know? Did she just decide that it was his fault or…? In the time she’d been here, she’d only asked why she’d had to go home. I assume we shouldn’t be surprised that she would finally ask.

She looked over at us, her eyes begging. My heart ached to go and hold her and tell her it would be okay, but I couldn’t. If she made it through this alive, I was going to be sure to cuddle with her tonight. She was so warm… I was so lost in my thoughts that I hadn’t noticed how long it was silent. Everyone had their eyes on Victrivia. Then her eyes rolled to the back of her head and she collapsed, Nuri catching her, instantly.

“What are we going to do?” Ari asked, his voice cracking.

“Her name matches the necklace, and she has the markings for the star…” Nuri said.

“Where?” I asked suddenly. I didn’t see it on her hand or ankle, where most of them did…

“It’s on her stomach. She’s self conscious of them,” he snickered, “if only she knew what they meant, maybe she wouldn’t hate them so much.”

“That doesn’t make any sense. They should be on her ankle or her hand… Right?” I questioned. Nuri shrugged.

“Didn’t the prophecy say that the one with the heart of silver would have her mark somewhere special?” Ari pointed out.

“I’m doubtful that if we ripped open her chest right now, that beating heart of hers would be silver.” Nuri stated.

“Hey, if they’re all human, one of them has to have a heart of silver… Dude. Wasn’t that saying supposed to be heart of gold?” Kavan said randomly.

“Yeah! Why silver?” Ari agreed.

“Let’s get back to the problem at hand,” Nuri insisted, bringing them back to their original state of worry, “and that happens to be that our next sun is unconscious. And we need to figure out what this heart of silver or emerald or whatever is.”

I nodded. He was right. This heart of silver was a very important detail that might be needed to figure out later.

“We’ll put her in her room for now. Her little tantrum was beginning to annoy me. It’s good that she finally shut the hell up. We’ll tell her that it was all a dream when she babbles about it tomorrow morning,” Nuri decided.

“I guess that works.” Ari agreed again.

I just nodded my head. Today’s events were so confusing. My head was pounding with all the information that was gathered. If only she knew. I could only imagine the migraine that poor child would have once the painkillers wore off…
♠ ♠ ♠
you guys are awesome. I got those two comments I wanted within a day.
I love you commenters!
I also love those who subscribe, too. those people are cool.
but the people that I REALLY REALLY love are those who BOTH subscribe and comment!
:D
so I've been thinking you guys, and I need some help from a reader. Preferably one who's read this on quizilla and is up to chapter eleven. So one of you guys should message me, cause I have a question :]