I Don't Care if the Necklace Fits! I'd Rather Not be Kidnapped by Immortals!

Chapter Seven

So this is the chapter where Triv finds out why she's where she is. It's pretty short, but the information in it makes up for the short-ness.

Chapter Seven

My eyes brightened for a minute. I had an idea. I wonder if maybe I could convince him that I already knew about this little secret. No, that wouldn’t work. Damn, he was so freaking cute. Why did they all have to be so freaking cute? Don’t answer that. I’m sure I wouldn’t like the answer that I’d get.
“Hey, Kavan?” I asked, cutely.
“I’m not telling you the secret, Triv.” He said seriously. He gave me a look. I glared at him.
“No, I already know the answer to that. I was going to ask you,” my mind scrambled for a second to figure out something to say, “when we’re going to go shopping for new clothes.” He looked at me in disbelief.
“What you mean you already know the answer…?” he questioned.
“I already know why I’m here, but back to the question at hand; When am I going to get to go shopping? I mean, I really need new shoes…” I trailed off.
“Wh—How—No, you can’t know!” He exclaimed.
“You’re ignoring my question, Kavan. Don’t try and get out of spending money on me; it won’t work. I mean, I understand I’m not leaving, hence my still being here. But I wanted a new hoodie too. I hope you guys don’t mind.” I rambled.
“How do you know, Victrivia?” He persisted.
“I just do,” I said, “so stop beating around the bush; I want my new shoes! That is the end of this discussion!” I exclaimed.
“How could you possibly not be curious about the necklace if you already know, then?” he asked. My eyes brightened, but then I dulled them down, remembering I was trying to play it off like I already knew.
“I’m not interested in jewelry. Even if it’s some Houdini necklace or something that’s been passed down from generation to generation.” It was a random shot in the dark.
“So you don’t even care that this necklace will give you the power to help all of immortal-kind?” he went on.
“Immortals!?” I exclaimed. Woah, I totally wasn’t expecting that. Kavan smacked a hand over his mouth.
“YOU’RE INSANE! GET AWAY FROM ME! OH MY GAWSH, YOU GUYS ARE TOTALLY FUCKED!” I screamed, kicking him away from me.
“You never knew at all,” he trailed off, giving me a cold look.
“Victrivia, since you know half of this, you have to let me finish and explain to you the entire story.” Kavan stated, looking me in the eyes very seriously.
“CALLING ALL CARS WE’VE GOT ANOTHER VICTIM! CAUSE MY LOVE HAS BECOME AN AFLICTION! WHAT DID YOU EXPECT FROM ME? WHAT DID YOU EXPECT FROM ME? I’M SORRY BUT I THINK I’VE FAILED TO MENTION THAT I LIED AT MY VERY FIRST—” Kavan cut me off.
“Victrivia Amorette Ambrosine, I need you to focus for a minute.” He insisted.
“confession,” I finished the line softly, finally looking up at his stress-stricken face.
“Okay, Triv. Are you going to listen to me?” he asked as if I were a five year old. I could only nod. Hey, why not go along with crazy boy’s story? I’m sure living in denial would be better than trying to remain the only sane person left in this house. Kidnapped by a bunch of insane people that thought they were immortals. What a way to go.
“Well this is basically the only way I can begin this. We’re all vampires. Except for Nuri; he’s an angel,” I scoffed at that last statement. “Focus, Triv. There are three worlds. There’s the world of vampires and humans, where we all are now. Then there’s the demon world. If Nuri were to ever go there alone, he would be ripped to shreds in a matter of seconds. Then there is—”
“Let me guess, the angel world?”
“Precisely, sweet.”
“so why isn’t Nuri there rather than here?” I asked.
“I’m getting to that. You see, Nuri fell from heaven; the first step of a prophecy. And he went where most fallen angels went; the demon world. Somehow he managed to find a portal here and he came to Ari, Kayne and I for help. I assume the reason he fell was because of how rude he can be. Or maybe he’s rude because of whatever torture he could have gone through in the demon world. Maybe. But moving on, he came to us.
“This seemed to anger the demons. And every time the demons are angered with the vampires, a special girl comes into play and sets everything back in order. She’s always a human at first, but once she puts on her necklace, she becomes more powerful than the strongest vampire, demon, or angel. So we couldn’t go on calling her a human; we call this human female a sun. Stronger than anything around her and seemingly promiscuous.
“This is where you come in. This sun always has twelve little circles in the shape of a star on her hand or ankle…” he trailed off there
“But I don’t have it,” I pointed out.
“No, you have it. It’s on your stomach.” He replied. I gave him a quizzical look. How in the world could he know about the weird birth marks that wouldn’t let me tan right?
“They’re right around my belly button and—HEY! What the hell do you think you’re doing!?” After I’d stated that they were right around my bellybutton, he’d lifted my shirt. I smacked his hands away and pulled my shirt back down.
“Let me see the markings, Triv.” He said, looking into my eyes. I couldn’t tear my gaze away, so I simply nodded. He lifted up my shirt no higher than needed to see the markings.
“Victrivia Amorette Ambrosine,” he said, “you’re more special than I thought you to be…” He trailed off, looking puzzled. I gave him a look.
“What do you mean, more special than you thought I would be?” I asked.
“Do you have a heart of silver by any chance?” he totally ignored my question.
“What do you mean by that? Like, an actual solid heart of silver beating in my chest, or a necklace, or what?” I questioned.
“A necklace! Why didn’t I think of that before?”
“Oh, yeah, I have a silver heart locket. I’ve had it forever. Never could open it…” I rambled.
“Can I see it?” He asked.
“Sure,” I said, reaching back for the clasp of the locket. I unhooked it and handed it to him. He examined it with ginger fingers, but his eyes were greedily taking it in. I couldn’t tell if Kavan was admiring it or looking at it in disgust.
“You’re… Victrivia, I think you’re the Ultimate Sun. This makes things harder. I have to explain to you so many prophecies,” he seemed as if he was complaining. Well, so far I was kind of liking this little fairy-tale. I get to be an Ultimate Sun. Simply because I have some weird markings on my stomach and a necklace I’ve had forever makes me special. This is pretty sick, dude.
“So explain. I’ll save all questions until the end. Just keep going and I’ll try not to interrupt you…” I trailed off, hoping that this didn’t involve me dying in the end. Usually these prophecies are pretty predictable once you’ve heard the beginning, but sometimes it takes a turn for the… unexpected.
“Are you sure?” he questioned, giving me a serious look. I was starting to get sick of these serious looks…
“Yes, I’m as serious as a nuclear bomb, Kavan.” I replied.
“Okay, here it goes. Hold in all your questions until the end. The prophecy says that there is one sun, the Ultimate Sun, that has her marking somewhere other than her ankle or hand. She is also to have a heart of silver. This Ultimate Sun is the most important of all the suns. The reason being is that she ends the biggest war in immortal history. The vampires and the demons and the angels all turn against each other in a war unlike any other, and each immortal side has one thing in common. What they have in common is that they all want the Ultimate Sun on their side. Somehow, you are going to end the war, silencing the war between the demons and angels. You are the key to all immortal kind. Your necklace is unlike any other sun’s necklace.
“I’m not sure which one is yours. What I do know is that you are going to be immediately drawn to it once you see it. That is how you will know which one is yours. Oh, did I add in that vampires can read minds? Well, they can. Although, when you are wearing your necklace, vampires, demons, nor angels have the ability to read your mind. Some suns have special gifts where they can read other suns minds, but you’re the Ultimate Sun, so you’ve nothing to worry about when wearing your necklace.
“There is a catch though, sweet. At one point in the war, there is a promise of either a temporarily miserable life or death. This choice is entirely up to you. That’s about everything.” He finished off, looking at me warily as if I was about to run.
“You couldn’t have made that all up,” I stated, my head suddenly feeling a thousand pounds heavier than before.
“No, sweet. I didn’t make up a word.” He replied.
“What happens if I mess up? How do you guys know that I’m the right girl? I mean, there are five billion people in the world. I’m sure one other girl has markings on her stomach and a silver locket.” My mind was slowly taking every detail of this in. I was important to probably millions of immortal lives.
“If you lose, so does all immortality. Meaning, every immortal in every world dies.” Kavan explained. The wary look in his eyes still hadn’t left.
“No pressure,” I stated, sarcastically. He gave me a weak smile, and it made me feel a little bit better. A little bit.
“Triv, it’s going to be fine. Don’t worry about it just yet. The war hasn’t even started.” He reassured me. I nodded my head, deciding that I should sit down. This was a lot of information to take in.
♠ ♠ ♠
so Triv finally learned why she was kidnapped. You guys probably thought she was gonna be a snack for the vampires before out of mercy they decided against it, but they couldn't let her go because BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH! No. not that whole cliche run-around, but something---dare I say it? ORIGINAL! *le gasp*
no offense to people who do have stories about basically what I just described lol. We all start off cliche. I'm not gonna lie. I started writing in the fourth grade about a cartoon, and mine was incredible cliche. I'm pretty sure it's still on FF.Net, too. meh.
anywhoser, sorry for the short-ness of this chapter. I'd tell you that I'll make up for it by making the next chapter longer, but ch. 8 is only 6 pages on Word. But if it helps, chapter 13 is fifteen pages on miscrosof word. I'm writing ch. 17, and 13 is by far the longest chapter I have yet to write.
anyway, I'm in love with my commenters. I message you guys saying thanks when you comment. Just tell me when I get annoying and I'll stop messaging that specific person. haha.
KLOVEYOUALL!<3
-molly