I Don't Care if the Necklace Fits! I'd Rather Not be Kidnapped by Immortals!

Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Kavan’s POV
“WHAT DO YOU MEAN THAT YOU TOLD HER!?” Nuri screamed. I sighed. He wasn’t taking this well. None of them were. Victrivia had finally fallen asleep since I’d told her that she was the Ultimate Sun. She wouldn’t for three days because she was convinced she would have the reoccurring nightmare she’s been having. She’d refused to tell me about it but wasn’t aware that I could hear her thinking about it.
“Calm down, Nuri. She tricked me. I couldn’t lie my way out of it. She’s known for the past three days and still hasn’t decided to run.” I explained. I ran my hand through my hair. Hopefully, now they would calm down a bit.
“You told her three days ago?” Ari asked. Confusion was written all over his face.
“Yes, three days ago,” I replied.
“Why didn’t you tell us earlier?” Kayne questioned. He had a cold look on his face.
“I wanted to tell you when she was asleep so she didn’t have to be traumatized with whatever reaction you chuckle-heads would have. But after I told her, she wouldn’t go to sleep for a while. So I had to postpone the telling of it until now.” I explained. Kayne nodded without changing his expression. Nuri let out a sigh of anger and stormed out of the room, crashing noises following soon after his absence.
“He’s going to wake her up,” Ari growled, following him. Shouts followed his absence.
“Now they’re going to wake her up,” I murmured, leaving the room, trying to figure out where they had gone. I walked into the kitchen and there they were. Nuri had a wooden spoon in his hand and there were three forks sticking out of the wall.
“Nuri, you need to calm down. You’re going to wake her up. But this shouting isn’t going to help, either, Ari.” I hissed.
“Did you not just hear me screaming at him!? I don’t give a fuck about some slutty little teenager and her sleep!” Nuri snapped.
“You don’t have a fucking choice. Put the damn spoon down. You have to care about her. Otherwise she’s the end of your life, and mine, and his, all of ours!” Ari exclaimed.
“You really think I’m scared of death after what your little friends did to me in their world?” Nuri countered, chucking the spoon in his direction. Ari easily dodged it.
“You both need to calm down.” I stated, trying not to let their bickering get to me.
“He’s not going to calm down,” Ari replied, leveling my tone. This surprised me. It never ceased to shock me as to how easily Ari could control his emotions. He was the oldest of us at a whooping five hundred seventy four years old.
“Well he has to,” I pointed out, pondering on whether we should knock him out. That might do it, but calming him down would be less messy…
“Fine. I’m out of here.” Nuri shouted and stormed out of the house. Following him was pointless. Angels were three times faster than any vampire. I sighed.
“Well at least she’s still asleep,” I thought aloud. Ari nodded and walked out of the room. That was one problem solved.

Victrivia’s POV
I was running someplace again. I still had no idea where. Getting away from this monster chasing me was vital. I reached up to my necklace, expecting it to be there. It wasn’t. What the…?
Where was it? How could it have disappeared on me like this? That doesn’t usually happen in this dream…
“Looking for this?” Said a horrible voice that, again, sent shivers down my spine.
I glanced back to see whatever it could have been holding. All of the sudden I couldn’t breathe. My heart was in my throat and I gasped for air. I clutched my neck, trying to figure out what it was choking me. I grabbed at my neck and didn’t find anything. I fell to my knees. The burn of my need for oxygen was unbearable. There were inhuman bony hands sticking out of the shadows. The hands were extremely pale and the fingernails were as long as my pinky finger. I would have shuddered at the sight if I hadn’t been shuddering already from the lack of air.
“I’m going to use this against you, miss Ambrosine. This is going to make you wish that you never met your immortal lover boys.” The evil voice said. I stared at the necklace in awe, wishing it around my neck. “and there’s absolutely nothing you can do about it!” I could hear it snickering. Then purple spots took hold of my vision. Not wanting to be here anymore, I went with the purple spots instead of fighting against them.

“Wake up!” screamed the man shaking me. I looked up at Ari groggily. Then I groaned. I did not want to be awake right now. But then again, I didn’t really want to be having that dream, either. So I guess this was a lose-lose situation.
“What could you possibly want from me at,” I glanced at the clock, “…five in the afternoon?” I furrowed my brow. Three sleepless days had really affected me, apparently.
“You’ve been sleeping for seventeen hours. I thought you were in a coma.” He snickered. I glared.
“Don’t joke. It could happen. But I was just really tired is all. It’s not my fault the eternally damned don’t need sleep.” I pointed out. He sighed, but made no further reply to my statement. He left the room and I got up and walked downstairs. I found my way to the kitchen and saw Nuri there. He was whistling merrily. What was wrong with this picture?
“Nuri…?” I called, confused. He looked at me cheerfully.
“Good morning, Goldilocks. Or should I say afternoon?” he said, playfully messing with my hair.
“First sleepless vampires and now a bipolar fallen angel. Look at the things I manage to get myself into.” I growled to myself. I opened the fridge and frowned when I came face to face with bags of blood throughout the entire refrigerator. The only edible thing I found were grapes. I decided that I didn’t have much of a choice and I had to eat them.
“You guys need to buy some freaking food if you want your Superior Star or whatever to stay alive.” I pointed out. He frowned for a minute.
“That’s a good point…” he replied, and practically danced out of the kitchen, I assumed to go tell Ari or somebody that the human girl needed to eat. Eventually, to my disappointment, he came back, still whistling merrily. Oh, joy. Note the sarcasm.
“Why are you so go-lucky this morning?” I asked, my curiosity getting the better of me. His whistling ended.
“Why, does it bother you?” he questioned, looking utterly concerned. If I weren’t totally convinced that if I started to laugh he would become evil again, I would have been rolling on the floor. Why should angel boy be concerned about me?
“Just a little bit. I’d like to know that there’s a reason that you’re all happy and I’m not just living with a deranged bipolar angel.” I replied. He nodded.
“Well, if you must know, I got laid last night!” he exclaimed happily. I stifled a laugh. I wasn’t going to last much longer in this house if they didn’t give me that freaking necklace. Nuri’s weird mood swings and my sarcastic thoughts would only be fatal to me. My mind scrambled for something witty to say back without getting attacked.
“Who’s the uh…. Lucky lady?” I asked. “Or are you gay?” I couldn’t help myself. I had to add in the last part.
“For your information, Nosey, there were two lucky ladies. But if you’re going to be smart about it, I’ll have you know that it would have been in your bed had you not been sleeping in it. Why do you think there are all of those condoms in the top drawer?” EWWW! That was a sick thought. Ew. I’d slept in… oh my God.
“Please tell me you wash the sheets and comforter often!” I prayed.
“Lucky you, we do, Nosey.” He stated, his merry attitude fading. I sighed in relief at his answer. Good.
“Oh, thank God!” I exclaimed. He smirked. That was the Nuri I knew and despised.
“So, Victrivia,” he said, “out of curiosity, are you a virgin?” My jaw dropped.
“Excuse me?” I stated.
“Are. You. A virgin.” He said, slowly. I glared daggers at him. I was, but that didn’t mean I was going to give him the answer.
“Do you honestly think that I’m going to answer that question for you?” I questioned. His smirk grew into a mischievous grin.
“So you’ve lost your virginity then. Who did you give it up to, my dear?” My mouth gaped now.
“Nuri!” I screeched in anger.
“Really? When did you give it up to me? I don’t recall, I’m sorry. Was it good?” he questioned.
“Okay, I’m a virgin! Now will you shut your fucking mouth, please?” I begged. He looked pleased with himself.
“So what’s the farthest you’ve gone then?” he started again. I huffed in frustration and left the room. There was no way in hell I was going to get this started again.
“Where are you going, dear?” he called. I began walking faster, but in the blink of an eye he appeared in front of me. I sighed in anger. This was seriously getting me mad.
“Can’t you leave me alone?” I huffed. He smiled at me. For the first time ever, he actually smiled. It wasn’t a smirk or a grin. It was a smile. This smile lasted for about five seconds, and I wanted to melt when I saw it show across his features.
“I’m sorry, dear, I can’t do that.” He replied. I sighed in defeat. Apparently there was no going anywhere without him. Why, I did not know. But there wasn’t.
“What happens when I have to go to the bathroom?” I challenged. He smirked.
“Use your imagination,” he stated, grabbing me around the waist. I felt my heart skip a beat and I had a feeling that he felt it or heard it or something, too.
“You know,” he breathed seductively into my ear, “I’ve never kissed a human before. I guess there’s a first for everything, though…” I felt paralyzed for the moment being. I had no idea why these freaking immortal guys seemed to have the same effect on me as a drug. I couldn’t have pulled away even if I’d wanted to at this point. His different colored eyes bored into mine. If I’d thought Kayne’s violet eyes were enrapturing, I was wrong. His lavender and emerald colored eyes were so gorgeous. I couldn’t tear my gaze away from them, even if the world was ending right behind me.
I began to lean in, hoping to God that he would lean in to kiss me. I would make a mental note later to tell Kay all about this. Kay… Oh, no. I was about to kiss the man that had taken me away from Kaylynne and Ray. My best friends in the entire world. I was about to kiss the man that had screwed up so now I was paying for the mistakes he’d made. Suddenly, I found myself no longer paralyzed and gave him a good shove just as he leaned in to kiss me. Perfect timing.
“What the hell do you thing you’re doing?” I asked, hatred washing over my features.
“Kissing you,” he replied, obviously not caring for my anger. Not yet, anyway.
“I think not.” I persisted.
“You’re right. You aren’t worth my time.” He stated. He let my waist free and in a flash he was gone. My heart was still racing. I was enraged. He was trying to play me. Toying with my emotions, as corny as it sounded. I wanted so much for him to kiss me one second and then another, I wanted to mutilate him. Maybe I was the bipolar one.
I hope that something like this happens again. I really do. That way, when he leans in for the kiss, I’ll hit him where it hurts. Not just once, but many times. And when he’s doubled over on the ground, I would kick him while he’s down. He’s going to deserve every ounce of disrespect I give him. The only thing that I was worried about was going home to Kay right now.
Kaylynne and Ray. My best friends in the whole world that I might never be able to see again. All because of some stupid fallen angel. I hoped he enjoyed his time in heaven. He was about to get a serious reality check. I was going to make his life a living hell now. I didn’t care about the stupid wars or the necklace, or even my own well-being. All I cared about at that point was the fact that he’d taken me away from my best friends for possibly forever. And unless my name isn’t Victrivia Amorette Ambrosine, he was going to fucking pay. Big time.
♠ ♠ ♠
So apparently there's something wrong with my story? I've messaged a mod and read through the guidelines a little more thoroughly. I was thinking that it was because the first chapter eight I posted had two t's in it. But I'm pretty sure that's wrong. I'll bet it was some of the HTML coding that I threw into these author's notes at the end and they didn't come up then.
So I tweaked this up here and there. I tried to fix any little mistakes that I saw, but other than those two, I don't really see a problem. So I did the smarter thing and messaged one of the mods that were listed. :]
If anyone sees a problem and I'm doing something wrong, please contact me about it, because I'll be sure to fix it. I'd greatly appreciate it. :D
But moving on, this chapter was six pages long on Microsoft Word, and because chapter nine is only four pages, I decided to update twice tonight. You guys can have a little Christmas/Hannukah/other holiday present of your own, here!
So this is my present to you :]
oh, and comments really do make me smile. I've given up on messaging you guys. I've got too much to do. But if you message me, I'll always message back :]
KILOVEYOUALL!
-Molly