Owl Eyes

Chapter 2

So, I invited Mason in for a cup of tea. I decided to tell him about be being half vampire and that I knew about him being a vampire, since I couldn't hear his heartbeat. He admitted to me that he did feel something strange about me, but just couldn't put a finger on it. He also told me that he didn't really attend my school. He was a teachers helper and took college classes on the internet, and that he was actually still in the appearance of a nine-teen year old.

"So you are trying to leave your "father" and hope that he gives up looking for you?" He did this one eye brow lift thing(which I thought was rad, because I couldn't do that) and looked confused. "How are you going to exactly get away from him?"

"Well, a friend of mine is actually trying to help me. But he doesn't really get a lot of time to help, since he is a demon and all." I looked at him to see he expression at the word demon. Knowing that vampires don't get along with them all that well. His expression looked hard and cold.

"How is he supposed to help you?" He got a little closer to me, as if he didn't want anyone to hear. Yet there was just me and him.

I looked around, playing along, and whispered to him. "He is going to get me out of here." And I leaned back and smiled. "I'm at least going to stay for the last day of school and stuff. But I'm scared to." It was the entire truth. I was scared to go to school now. Andrew said that he was going to hunt me down this time. Knowing that I didn't tell Mason that he wasn't really a cop anymore. He decided to quit a few days before today.I was scared that he was going to show up. I got up and pored the nice hot tea that I had heated up and handed a glass to him. And I sat back down.

I saw Mason examining around the house, skimming his icy blue eyes around the room. He looked kinda interested. "So, this is the house you are supposed to inherit, correct?"

"Yeah. But now, it's going to be some kind of summer home for me. Seeing that I will be leaving soon. The last day of school is tomorrow. I mean, I will be staying a few extra days actually."

"Where are you going to go?"

"I'm going to go to Australia. Jeff got me a house over there. And he also got me the furniture that I need. It makes me look like I'm rich, considering the kind of job he has." Yet another truth. Jeff was the demon that I said was trying to help me. He was twenty four and was a big business person.

"Alone? Considering that your "father" is dedicating his life to hunt you down, I'm pretty sure he will have equipment soon to track you down." He looked worried a bit. Was he scared about me?

"Well, Jeff said that he would check up one me every month. Just to see that I am safe and all. " I gave him another worm smile to calm him. I looked out side and saw that it was pretty dark. I didn't feel like really kicking him out. "Hey, if you want, you can stay here tonight. As I have like, thirty extra rooms." I laughed a little bit, covering me mouth a little. He shot his head up and looked at me.

"Really? That wouldn't bother you?" He looked as if he didn't want to bother me in any of my plans.

"Yeah, I don't mind. It's not like I have plans." I took his now empty cup of tea, which he drank fast, and put it in the sink. He was standing up now biting his fingers. Was he thinking about his decision? Why did I care so much to not let him walk around at night? Was I — Oh cheese and rice. I was.

"Um. Okay, I suppose I can." He returned the smile that I just noticed that I was giving him.

"You can go ahead and pick any room you want. It doesn't really matter to me."

"Thank you, for letting me stay here tonight I mean."

"No problem." He gave me a worm smile and I couldn't help but to smile back. He turned around and walked into the large hall that led to the stairs. I walked into the living room and sat on the couch to watch t.v. and heard a door close. Guessing that he was in now.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm going to put more soon. I hope.
.__.