Owl Eyes

Chapter 4

"I'll see you at lunch?" Mason looked at me right in the eyes. It was the first time I noticed his accent. I'll have to ask him about that later.

"Sure." I smiled at him, turned around and walked to my first class. My friend Alysa walked up by me half way to the class and just looked at me smiling. "What?"

"Everyone's talking about how you and accent boy are involved." I stopped.

"Involved in what?" We started walking again, a little faster then we were. What is she talking about? I'm so confused.

"You know." She paused for a while. "I guess you don't. Well, everyone thinks you guys are dating. Is it true?" I started to laugh.

"Of course not! I just met him, sure I think he's gorgeous, but we're not involved with each other." I started to laugh a little more. We walk into school grounds with each other, and already people jump to conclusions. What's this world coming to?

Just then the bell rang and we went our separate ways. I started to think to myself. About what happened last night, about what Jeff said. What can they possibly to him? They can't kill him, he's already dead. I could tell that he didn't really want to just leave me unprotected, he looked hurt and upset. I walked into my chemistry class and sat down. Unless they weren't going to do anything to him but to someone else. But, why would he care about anyone else, he's evil anyway. Actually, ever since he's been with me, he seemed a little more aware and caring towards to other people.

"Alesta. I'm talking to you." I came back from my thoughts and realized the it's been a little over half of the class period already. "This entire time you've been staring blankly at the board. Are you alright? You've never been like this before, I've called on you five times to give and answer, but you've never answered one of them. I just thought that you were confused." My teacher was in my face looking at me a little worried.

"Oh, sorry. Yeah, I'm okay. I just didn't sleep well last night." That was a lie. I've never had to come to lieing before. Besides about the fact that I'm part vampire.

"Alrighty then, let's get back to work." He turned around and walked back to the board. After that, time began to fly by pretty fast. It was lunch time before I knew it.

I walked out to the tables and looked around. At first I couldn't spot him, then I did. He was sitting in the grass under the tree. He was reading a book. I squinted my eyes to see what it was called.

Старая русская книга поэзии. What language is that? I added that as a question to ask him. I walked towards him and sat down by him.

"You have an accent."

"Pardon?" He looked up from his book.

"I noticed this mourning that you had an accent." I laughed a little. "Where are you from?"

"Oh. I thought you said something else for a moment." Then he began to laugh. "Well, I'm from Russia."

"Is that book Russian?" I looked at it as if it was breakable. The book looked so anciant.

"Yes. It's called, "The Old Book of Poetry." He closed it and smiled while he started to examine it. "I love poetry, it helps me relax." He looked at me. His accent wasn't really thick, but it wasn't entirely small either.

"Yeah, you looked kind of peaceful." I smiled back at him. I put my books down.

"What are you into? Anything specific?" He moved a little closer to me.

"Well, I love art.

"Is that it?

"No, but I have a feeling that you would laugh at me at the other thing."

"Try me."

"Ballet. I've been in it ever since I was little." I looked down at my hands in my lap. It was my grandparents idea to be put into it.

"Why would I laugh at that? I feel that dancing is a good way to express yourself." He looked at me in a caring way. Then he looked at my text books. "Are you passing all your classes?"

"Yeah. I have A's and one B. Why?" I looked at him.

"No reason, you just looked a little uncomfortable. Nerd." I gave him the stink eye. And we began to laugh. That's when the screaming happened. Everone was scattering around the campus. Mason stood up quickly, grabbed my arm and we began to run.

"What is it? What's happening?"

"He's here. Now I need to do what I told you I would do last night. Potect you and get you out of here." He looked serious.

"Can't you just telleport us out of here?"

"Not in front of everyone. That would let them know of our existence." There were gun shots, more screaming, and my head was pounding. Then I felt three pains in different parts of my body. Just cramps, I thought. And pushed pass them and kept up with Mason.