Stay Awake

Seven.

I woke up and the clock says 1 pm. Ain’t that great? I searched under my pillow for my blackberry to check some messages or something. But there were no messages or missed calls or something.

After that I went to the bathroom to take a shower, without washing my hair, because I was too lazy.

I put on my electric blue tank top with my black pajama pants and went downstairs forbreakfast lunch.

Hanna was already up, she was eating a sandwich when I saw her, and she waved at me. I waved back of course, but then I continued walking to make something for lunch. I saw frozen spaghetti in the refrigerator, so I grabbed it and heated it in the microwave.

While waiting for the heated frozen spaghetti, I opened the refrigerator again to get some snacks, and found 3 tootsie rolls. I ate the tootsie rolls and when I opened the third one, the microwave beeped. I ran to the microwave and grabbed the heated spaghetti and headed over the dinner table with Hanna.

“Hayles, I’m hot.”

“What the?!” I replied in surprise. Why the hell would she tell me that?

“No, no, no! I’m hot, as in my body’s hot.” Then she put her palms on her forehead. “Or is it just me?”

I put my palms on her forehead and it wasn’t hot, but it was warm. “Hmm, you’re warm.”

Then she coughed.

“Hanna I think you need to go to the doctor or something, I’ll go get my car keys.”

“No”, –cough- “Hayley! I don’t need to go to the doctor.” –cough-

“But your head! And you! You were coughing! And… and….”

“And what? I’m just a little bit warm. And so what if I coughed? It’s no big deal.”

“Well you did tell me that you felt hot. Then I’ll give you medicine.” I said to her. “No buts.” I said again because I knew she’d make excuses and such, again.

“Mmm..” Hanna sighed but drank it anyway.

“Feel much better?” I asked

“I… Don’t know. I want to take a nap first. I swear I’ll be all right soon. Thanks Hayles.”

“I’m not sure, but if you don’t then we’ll go to the doctor, okay? Okay.” Then she glanced at me, nodded, and walked away to her room. And I ate my spaghetti, worrying about Hanna’s condition.

Three hours have passed and Hanna suddenly woke up. She still looked like hell.

“Hanna?! You’re… worse”

“Oh, hey Hayley. I don’t know I think, I’ve got a headache,” Responded Hanna, hoarsely.

“Hanna, You should go to the doctor. Now. Get your jacket and I’ll go get my car keys.”

“Ugh. Okay” While I was running to my car, Hanna was walking to her room and to take her jacket with her. I opened the car door for Hanna and she got in.

We didn’t talk during the way to the hospital. “Hanna? Hanna? We’re here.”

“Oh!” Hanna gasped. “Sorry, I think I fell asleep.”

“Yeah you did. C’mon get out.”

“…Yeah” We walked to the Emergency Room and asked to the receptionist to fill out the form for the doctor, took a number and had a seat. We got number 8 and it was still number 4 at that time.

“Oh great, still 4 people to go.” Whined Hanna.

“Yeah, lucky I brought my iPod with me.” I giggled.

“And I didn’t bring anything.“

“Hmm, here, use my iPod, I’ll go online on my blackberry.” I said, handing my iPod touch to her and grabbed my blackberry from my pocket.

“Thanks,” she replied while putting on the earphones.

When I was online, I changed my personal message.

At the hospital with hanna.

Then I scrolled through the online contact list, but nobody’s fun to chat with, so I ignored it. I watched the weird show on the TV, because I had nothing else to do. When suddenly my blackberry vibrated.

Audreyy K says:
hey hayley.

Hayley! says:
Hey there audrey

Audreyy K says:
why are you at the hospital?

Hayley! says:
Ohh nothing, hanna’s a bit sick

Audreyy K says:
:O is she okay?

Hayley! says:
I don't know actually. Haha.

Audreyy K says:
why’s that?

Hayley! says:
We’re still waiting for our turn, but don’t worry, I think she’ll be alright.

Audreyy K says:
oh ok good then. say hi to hanna for me, yeah? i g2g, byee x

Audreyy K has just signed out.

After Audrey signed out, I ended the conversation and daydreamed. And before we knew it, our number was called.

“Number 8!”

I poked Hanna and said, “Come on, it’s our number.”

Hanna blinked and took off the earphones while walking to the room.

“Hello, Hanna and…” said the doctor who didn’t know my name.

“Hayley.” I said.

“Hanna and Hayley, would you please sit down first?” asked the doctor while he writes some stuff on a paper. “So, tell me what happened.”

“Yesterday, we watched a movie at night and then I felt really tired so we directly went home and I slept. This morning, my body was warm and I didn’t feel very well and I coughed a lot. Hayley gave me a medicine and I took a nap, but when I woke up, I still looked like hell.” Explained Hanna, briefly.

“Hmm, okay, Hanna, could you lie down right there?” asked the doctor.

“Okay,” She walked and lied down on the bed thingy.

The doctor checked her body’s temperature and stuff.

“Good, we’re done, you can sit again now.”

So Hanna went to sit on her chair again and coughed.

“It appears that Hanna has typhus. That’s why she had been warm these days, luckily you paid attention to her Hayley.”

“What?! Typhus??” I was really shocked, while Hanna was sitting there as if nothing really happened.

“I think you have to stay and rest here in the hospital, Hanna.”

“Umm? B…”

“Shush...” I interrupted her cause I knew she’d babble. “That’s okay. How long will it take, doctor? I want Hanna to get well soon” I asked and exchanged glances with Hanna.

“Hmm… About one week. You can stay here if you want to, Hayley.”

“Oh okay. I’ll go back home to get all our stuff.“ I said to Hanna and I smiled. “I’ll be back soon!”

“Okay, Hayles!” She shouted.

I went out then closed the door slowly and ran to my car. After I got home, I took the door keys and opened it. I drove quickly but carefully home. I then ran to my and Hanna’s room to get all our clothes, bras, iPod charger, toothbrushes, et cetera. It took several minutes and to convince that I didn’t miss anything, then went back to the hospital.

I opened the door and saw Hanna standing at the waiting room, and called her, “Hanna!”

“Oh! She gasped. Welcome back Hayley!”

“What are you doing here, by the way?”

“The doctor said that I’ve to wait here for the room I’d stay in.” Explained Hanna and I nodded.

A while after that the doctor was back, he said, “You got room number 342. It’s on the 3rd floor. The nurse will show you the way. I’ve another job to do.”

“Thank you, doctor.” I replied as we walked upstairs with the nurse leading the way.

“So, here’s your room, Ms. Beth. Please lie over there, I’ll be back.” Said the nurse and Hanna just nodded. She lied on the bed and the nurse gave Hanna something like implements.

A few minutes later, the nurse finished and she told me that Hanna need a rest and then she left and I thank her. I went in to see Hanna’s conditions. She fell asleep, so I took a seat on the sofa near her bed. I took my iPod, turned it on, and fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
long update this time, i can't wait until the tour starts (in this story)!
what do you think?

comment, rate, whatever are loved <3.