Status: last chapter has been posted; xoxo

Battling the Loss You Live For.

***.

Frank’s Point of View
Four o’clock rolled around pretty fast. I forgot to check my phone to see if she texted me about her break, but she didn’t. Weird. She would have because I asked her to… whatever. I walked in the direction of H&M, enjoying the breeze that blew towards me whenever I passed a store. Just when I was about to get to H&M, I saw a crowd of people gathered around that area, their conversations loud and incoherent.
What the hell is going on?
I joined the crowd, pushing my way through until there was a yellow tape line blocking me.
POLICE LINE, DO NOT CROSS.
What the fuck?!
“Hey, what’s going on?!” I asked the girl standing next to me. She blushed red, her blue eyes darting to the floor. Great.
“Uh, there was a-a fire,” she stuttered. I gritted my teeth, ignoring her attraction to me.
“Where?”
“That little shop next to H&M. I heard them saying it burned all through the walls into Hennies,” she explained, suddenly gaining confidence.
Fuck.
The girl seemed to notice my drop in mood.
“A-are you okay?”
“Yeah. Hey, thanks,” I rushed, running back out of the crowd. I have to get there.
I ran all the way around to the other end of the mall, getting out of the other entrance. I carried on running and running. I have to know that she’s alright. Fuck.
I finally reached the H&M entrance, seeing that blocked off too, but being guarded with police, firemen on the other side of the police line.
“Sorry son, you can’t pass,” the police officer said kindly, smiling a little. It dropped when he saw my face.
“You okay, son?”
“Where are the workers? The people that work here?” I said, pointing past his shoulder, into the shop.
“Most of them got out fine, kid.”
“Most?”
My head was pounding; my chest heaving and my legs ached. My heart was going into spasms, twisting and turning around my veins.
“The firemen over there are just checking everything is okay. Everyone from Whittard is safe,” he explained, scanning my face. My whole world was tumbling down with each second passing, not knowing whether or not the girl I love is safe.
“Please. Tell me where everyone is,” I asked, my hands running through my hair, frustration getting to me.
“Try Star Bucks.”
I ran like a mad-man, not bothering to check the road for cars passing. I pushed my way through people, shoving them out of my way. I finally reached the glass doors of Star Bucks; I pushed them open forcefully, people muttering and babbling on to each other, oblivious to the screaming in my head, the pounding of my heart.
“Charley!” I yelled, every head in the coffee shop turning to stare. Charley appeared behind the counter, the door he emerged from slamming shut from the force.
“Frank, oh thank fuck!” he cried, everyone’s eyes wide.
“Where is she?” I whispered, loud enough for him to hear.
“Upstairs.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Because of all your comments (doesn’t mean you don’t have to comment anymore!)
I feel terrible. I’m having a mental breakdown about everything going on right now, so leave me love? Lots and lots of it =D